Ready to work its way up!

"I, uh, well, really just met him a little while ago. He said he was interested in meeting others with powers - he sounded like he had powers that whatever he is usually don't have. He could speak in my head, so maybe that's his power.

The eating stuff, I'm not so sure about. I mean, he looks like something from under a microscope, or the Blob. They eat, don't they?" Kevin says. He grimaces a little, then continues quickly.

"It's sort of my fault that he ran off. I think he thought that I was saying it was dangerous. I just wanted to make sure he didn't get contained and studied or something."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin

The elderly Atom waves Kevin's apologies away, "Come, come. Never mind all that." He suddenly shifts, as if the tracking were broken on a television screen, but he promtly returns to normal. He smiles at Kevin, smiling, "It happens when I'm excited." He walks over to Kevin, "It's not often enough that something gets loose around here - not nearly often enough. Now, you've told me what you know of the creatures habits, and I believe that's all you know - you have a good face. So lets see what we have to work with." He turns to the woman he was standing with, "Tes, I'll be in my office." He seems to be sharing a little joke when he says that, before he once again flickers, but this time he disappears instead of returning to normal. The woman takes off her glasses and moves toward Kevin, it's now he realises that it is Tesla Atom. Her hair is out and she isn't in her costume, but its certainly her. She moves to Kevin and holds out her hand, "You'll have to forgive Gramps, he doesn't get out much. I'm Telsa Atom. Nice to meet you." She seems warm and sincere.

Clyst

The voice inside his head grows excited, "Great! My name's Chase. It's good to meet you. I'm sorry for all the trouble, especially Max - he can be a bit... forward... at times. You have nothing to worry about from us. We're good people. But here's what I need you to do..." Chase goes on to try and work out where Clyst is in the pipes; if Clyst is willing, he's going to direct him through a maze of pipes with the promise of safety.

Kevin

The elderly Atom waves Kevin's apologies away, "Come, come. Never mind all that." He suddenly shifts, as if the tracking were broken on a television screen, but he promtly returns to normal. He smiles at Kevin, smiling, "It happens when I'm excited." He walks over to Kevin, "It's not often enough that something gets loose around here - not nearly often enough. Now, you've told me what you know of the creatures habits, and I believe that's all you know - you have a good face. So lets see what we have to work with." He turns to the woman he was standing with, "Tes, I'll be in my office." He seems to be sharing a little joke when he says that, before he once again flickers, but this time he disappears instead of returning to normal. The woman takes off her glasses and moves toward Kevin, it's now he realises that it is Tesla Atom. Her hair is out and she isn't in her costume, but its certainly her. She moves to Kevin and holds out her hand, "You'll have to forgive Gramps, he doesn't get out much. I'm Telsa Atom. Nice to meet you." She seems warm and sincere.

Clyst

The voice inside his head grows excited, "Great! My name's Chase. It's good to meet you. I'm sorry for all the trouble, especially Max - he can be a bit... forward... at times. You have nothing to worry about from us. We're good people. But here's what I need you to do..." Chase goes on to try and work out where Clyst is in the pipes; if Clyst is willing, he's going to direct him through a maze of pipes with the promise of safety.

Kevin

Clyst

"It's, ah, good to meet you too, Ms. Atom," Kevin half-stammers. This is the first really famous superheroine that he's met, and she's speaking to him like he's somebody worth speaking to. Even with as much as he's read about the Atom family, he had always sort of figured that they'd be stuck up. They'd been off exploring other dimensions since he was in middle school, for Pete's sake. Belatedly, he holds out his hand and shakes hers. As he does so, he gets back some of his cool. He's a couple inches taller (and several kilos of muscle heavier) than she is, though he would have sworn at first that she was bigger than he is.

"So, now what should I do?" he asks.

"It's, ah, good to meet you too, Ms. Atom," Kevin half-stammers. This is the first really famous superheroine that he's met, and she's speaking to him like he's somebody worth speaking to. Even with as much as he's read about the Atom family, he had always sort of figured that they'd be stuck up. They'd been off exploring other dimensions since he was in middle school, for Pete's sake. Belatedly, he holds out his hand and shakes hers. As he does so, he gets back some of his cool. He's a couple inches taller (and several kilos of muscle heavier) than she is, though he would have sworn at first that she was bigger than he is.

Kevin

Clyst

Clyst lets suspicion emenates from his mind, and as he does so the pipes he is traveling in, and any areas near vents suddenly gets cold, very cold as Clyst lets out his warning aura, telling others that he is there, and is not very happy. But he keeps moving towards the pipe exit and sends a quick message, "I am coming, his words showing wariness.

OOc: Environmental control: Intense Cold.

Kevin

Clyst

Clyst lets suspicion emenates from his mind, and as he does so the pipes he is traveling in, and any areas near vents suddenly gets cold, very cold as Clyst lets out his warning aura, telling others that he is there, and is not very happy. But he keeps moving towards the pipe exit and sends a quick message, "I am coming, his words showing wariness.

Kevin

Clyst

Clyst

The voice does it's best to sound comforting to Clyst, letting him know which way to go until, eventually, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Standing in the light is a human, not unlike Kevin, but much smaller. He has a serious face. The voice continues in Clyst's head, "Ah, there you are! Good to see you - it's me, Chase! If you'd like, you can come in here, this is my room. It's not hard to Chase to see what effect Clyst is having on the area around him - a freezing ambiance that Chase can feel from where he is, indicating that it's quite potent. 'Poor guy must be scared brainless... like my brother, only he's just brainless.' "We'll sort all of this out - I promise." Chase sounds sincere, "What's your name?"

Kevin

Tesla Atom looks around quickly, "Well, actually, I'm just about done in here - I was about to head down for some lunch, care to..." she suddenly stops, and cranes her neck as if listening to something. She nods, he looks at Kevin again, "Well, it seems it never stops in the Atom household. If you'd like to come with me, it seems your friend has made contact with Chase. We'll go down and have a chat, make sure my big brother doesn't mess things up again." She laughs to herself, directing Kevin to the door.

Clyst

The voice does it's best to sound comforting to Clyst, letting him know which way to go until, eventually, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Standing in the light is a human, not unlike Kevin, but much smaller. He has a serious face. The voice continues in Clyst's head, "Ah, there you are! Good to see you - it's me, Chase! If you'd like, you can come in here, this is my room. It's not hard to Chase to see what effect Clyst is having on the area around him - a freezing ambiance that Chase can feel from where he is, indicating that it's quite potent. 'Poor guy must be scared brainless... like my brother, only he's just brainless.' "We'll sort all of this out - I promise." Chase sounds sincere, "What's your name?"

Kevin

Tesla Atom looks around quickly, "Well, actually, I'm just about done in here - I was about to head down for some lunch, care to..." she suddenly stops, and cranes her neck as if listening to something. She nods, he looks at Kevin again, "Well, it seems it never stops in the Atom household. If you'd like to come with me, it seems your friend has made contact with Chase. We'll go down and have a chat, make sure my big brother doesn't mess things up again." She laughs to herself, directing Kevin to the door.

Clyst

Kevin

Kevin is about to say that he had just met Clyst, but before he opens his mouth, he realizes that he has been acting as a friend to the little green guy. Sure, he hasn't known him long, but Clyst seems like he's not much more than a kid, and he could use someone to help him out. Heck, he could probably use the help in explaining himself to the Atoms, and it'd be interesting to see if any of them noticed what he could do. Clyst seemed to figure it out, but he is, well, different.

He looks over to Tesla and says, "Ah, sure thing. I'm sure that there's just a misunderstanding. I don't think he meant to cause a ruckus. He follows her wherever she leads him.

Kevin is about to say that he had just met Clyst, but before he opens his mouth, he realizes that he has been acting as a friend to the little green guy. Sure, he hasn't known him long, but Clyst seems like he's not much more than a kid, and he could use someone to help him out. Heck, he could probably use the help in explaining himself to the Atoms, and it'd be interesting to see if any of them noticed what he could do. Clyst seemed to figure it out, but he is, well, different.

He looks over to Tesla and says, "Ah, sure thing. I'm sure that there's just a misunderstanding. I don't think he meant to cause a ruckus. He follows her wherever she leads him.

Clyst

Clyst is still a bit nervous, but he has expressed that and the human has not responded with any temperature, which means he must not be feeling protective or aggressive. So Clyst replies, "My human name is Clyst. and he keeps moving forward, and when ten feet from the opening, he sticks out a part of his anatomy not containing anything vital, to see if it will be attacked

OOC: 15 foot long elongation, probing the room with the arm.

Clyst

Clyst is still a bit nervous, but he has expressed that and the human has not responded with any temperature, which means he must not be feeling protective or aggressive. So Clyst replies, "My human name is Clyst. and he keeps moving forward, and when ten feet from the opening, he sticks out a part of his anatomy not containing anything vital, to see if it will be attacked

Clyst

As Clyst puts his 'arm' out there, Chase smiles, "Clyst, huh? That's cool." He's distracted for a moment, and then returns to Clyst, who hears the familiar voice in his head, "Aw man, listen - we're going to have some company here soon. I'm sorry about that. They're good people, they just - it's like they try to hammer in a nail with a sledge hammer sometimes."

At that very moment, there is a sound a little ways back from Chase - a door sliding open - and suddenly Kevin is standing there with another like him, only this one looks different somehow - more delicate perhaps. It follows Chase's gaze and see's Clyst. It bushes it's hair behind it's ears and speaks, but not in Clyst's mind, "Oh, hey there little guy." Her tone is soft, "You're fascinating!"

As Clyst puts his 'arm' out there, Chase smiles, "Clyst, huh? That's cool." He's distracted for a moment, and then returns to Clyst, who hears the familiar voice in his head, "Aw man, listen - we're going to have some company here soon. I'm sorry about that. They're good people, they just - it's like they try to hammer in a nail with a sledge hammer sometimes."

At that very moment, there is a sound a little ways back from Chase - a door sliding open - and suddenly Kevin is standing there with another like him, only this one looks different somehow - more delicate perhaps. It follows Chase's gaze and see's Clyst. It bushes it's hair behind it's ears and speaks, but not in Clyst's mind, "Oh, hey there little guy." Her tone is soft, "You're fascinating!"

Kevin holds up his hand in greeting to Clyst. "Hello again. I steered you wrong there. The folks in the lobby just looked a lot more intimidating than they are. This is the Atom family, like I mentioned before. This is Tesla Atom, and over there," he says, craning his head to see him, "is... Chase Atom. You're a lot taller in person. I almost thought you were your brother for a second."

Kevin holds up his hand in greeting to Clyst. "Hello again. I steered you wrong there. The folks in the lobby just looked a lot more intimidating than they are. This is the Atom family, like I mentioned before. This is Tesla Atom, and over there," he says, craning his head to see him, "is... Chase Atom. You're a lot taller in person. I almost thought you were your brother for a second."

Chase shoots a look at Kevin - it seems he doesn't like comparisons between himself and his brother. He eyes him suspiciously, forgetting where they were for a second. He speaks, this time verbally, "And who are you?" He looks Tesla over and then back to Kevin, as if trying to see a link between the two, "You're just here because you brought Clyst in, right?"

Chase shoots a look at Kevin - it seems he doesn't like comparisons between himself and his brother. He eyes him suspiciously, forgetting where they were for a second. He speaks, this time verbally, "And who are you?" He looks Tesla over and then back to Kevin, as if trying to see a link between the two, "You're just here because you brought Clyst in, right?"