Ready to work its way up!

"Yeah, uh, right. There are some glass doors at the front of the building. I'll be standing there, and then we can go inside," Kevin says, as he realizes halfway through that he doesn't know much of anything about how much Clyst knows about the world. He seems to know a little about things, but is that because he's reading his mind. Going off the assumption that he isn't (because it's less creepy, and because he has no way to actually figure it out one way or the other), he waits for Clyst to give his assent, then starts walking.

"Man, I hope they don't arrest me for loitering," he mutters to himself as he stands in front of the Goodman Building. It really wasn't that far away on the surface, but the subway... well, he doesn't know where it goes. It could be a straight shot, or loop around a mile, and Clyst said he didn't go so fast. He smiles to himself as he pictures himself trying to explain what's going on to a guard.

"Yeah, I met this alien that says he's from this planet, and he wants to meet other humans, so I figured the Atom Family might be curious," he thinks. And the sad part is that it's all true. He's just leaving out the part about wanting to meet Victoria.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, uh, right. There are some glass doors at the front of the building. I'll be standing there, and then we can go inside," Kevin says, as he realizes halfway through that he doesn't know much of anything about how much Clyst knows about the world. He seems to know a little about things, but is that because he's reading his mind. Going off the assumption that he isn't (because it's less creepy, and because he has no way to actually figure it out one way or the other), he waits for Clyst to give his assent, then starts walking.

"Man, I hope they don't arrest me for loitering," he mutters to himself as he stands in front of the Goodman Building. It really wasn't that far away on the surface, but the subway... well, he doesn't know where it goes. It could be a straight shot, or loop around a mile, and Clyst said he didn't go so fast. He smiles to himself as he pictures himself trying to explain what's going on to a guard.

"Yeah, I met this alien that says he's from this planet, and he wants to meet other humans, so I figured the Atom Family might be curious," he thinks. And the sad part is that it's all true. He's just leaving out the part about wanting to meet Victoria.

Clyst moves slowly down the street peeking out of every manhole cover or street grate he comes across, and sees he building get ever closer. Finally he is there, and sees the human waiting right in front of the doors where he can be seen by everyone. A place Clyst is not all that encouraged to go.

So he decides to head inside the building nad goes back underground and treis to find a way inside. So he looks around and is trying to find a way in (1d20+8=11) but has no luck right now.

So he is left with a conundrum, and decides to sneak back outside, hoping the human is still waiting nad then slithers tothe huamn as fast as he can from the nearest sewer grate, looking like a blob, and only a few inches thick, coveringa lot of surface area as he treis to remain unseen (1d20+10=17)

He does get near the human though and says, "I'm here"

Clyst moves slowly down the street peeking out of every manhole cover or street grate he comes across, and sees he building get ever closer. Finally he is there, and sees the human waiting right in front of the doors where he can be seen by everyone. A place Clyst is not all that encouraged to go.

So he decides to head inside the building nad goes back underground and treis to find a way inside. So he looks around and is trying to find a way in (1d20+8=11) but has no luck right now.

So he is left with a conundrum, and decides to sneak back outside, hoping the human is still waiting nad then slithers tothe huamn as fast as he can from the nearest sewer grate, looking like a blob, and only a few inches thick, coveringa lot of surface area as he treis to remain unseen (1d20+10=17)

Kevin jumps a little. There's no way that he can just get used to thoughts popping up in his head, and he still has to learn to look down as well as at people-level. "Thank goodness he wasn't trying to eat me - I'd be dead by now," he thinks to himself. Out loud, he says, "Ok, come on in."

He pushes open the door, allowing Clyst to slither inside. He walks to the guard at the front desk.

"Uh, is the Atom Family here? There's an alien here to see them," he says. He looks back to Clyst and whispers, "I know you're not an alien, but you look like one, and it's easier to explain this way."

Kevin jumps a little. There's no way that he can just get used to thoughts popping up in his head, and he still has to learn to look down as well as at people-level. "Thank goodness he wasn't trying to eat me - I'd be dead by now," he thinks to himself. Out loud, he says, "Ok, come on in."

He pushes open the door, allowing Clyst to slither inside. He walks to the guard at the front desk.

"Uh, is the Atom Family here? There's an alien here to see them," he says. He looks back to Clyst and whispers, "I know you're not an alien, but you look like one, and it's easier to explain this way."

The dark-haried guard raises an eyebrow at Kevin, before leaning forward in his chair and looking over his desk at the form on the floor. He rubs hind over his moustache, beard combo then turns his attention back to Kevin - despite everything he looks pretty non-chalant. It's possible he's seen this kind of thing before. He leans back on his chair and picks up a desk phone, "Can we get a containment team to the lobby. Thanks." He leans forward once again and hands Kevin a pen and clipboard, "Fill this out - you can sit over there." He motions to a row of chairs on one side of the room. The clipboard is packed with forms asking all kinds of questions in various degrees of intimacy. There are question about if you have begun to experience any itching, sweating, headaches, nausea, phantasms or unnatural hair growth since encountering the 'extra-terrestrial'. Most of them relate to the when, where, how and who was involved with the alien contact. The forms would take hours to complete.

The dark-haried guard raises an eyebrow at Kevin, before leaning forward in his chair and looking over his desk at the form on the floor. He rubs hind over his moustache, beard combo then turns his attention back to Kevin - despite everything he looks pretty non-chalant. It's possible he's seen this kind of thing before. He leans back on his chair and picks up a desk phone, "Can we get a containment team to the lobby. Thanks." He leans forward once again and hands Kevin a pen and clipboard, "Fill this out - you can sit over there." He motions to a row of chairs on one side of the room. The clipboard is packed with forms asking all kinds of questions in various degrees of intimacy. There are question about if you have begun to experience any itching, sweating, headaches, nausea, phantasms or unnatural hair growth since encountering the 'extra-terrestrial'. Most of them relate to the when, where, how and who was involved with the alien contact. The forms would take hours to complete.

Kevin looks at the guard with evident disbelief as he accepts the stack of paper and leafs through it. He backs away from the guard's desk to head towards somewhere to sit down.

Presuming that Clyst follows him, he'll whisper to him as he takes his seat, "The Atom Family is near the top, so head there however you got here. I'll distract the guard and the team as good as I can. Containment team... get out." It's only after he's said it and started checking off boxes at random that he realizes that Clyst probably wouldn't know that bit of slang, and might have taken it literally as an imperative to get away from there quickly.

Kevin looks at the guard with evident disbelief as he accepts the stack of paper and leafs through it. He backs away from the guard's desk to head towards somewhere to sit down.

Presuming that Clyst follows him, he'll whisper to him as he takes his seat, "The Atom Family is near the top, so head there however you got here. I'll distract the guard and the team as good as I can. Containment team... get out." It's only after he's said it and started checking off boxes at random that he realizes that Clyst probably wouldn't know that bit of slang, and might have taken it literally as an imperative to get away from there quickly.

Clyst looks around, his form quivering and rearranging itself as he follows the human over to the whatever it is he sits down on. He really cannot figure sitting down out at all, for him it would tkae a terriffic amount o work to stay in one of those things, and he knows humans can lay onteh ground, they do it enough. Lyging onthe ground is one of Clyst's best things also.

He says, I don't know containment, but if you think I am in danger......

Assuming a positive answer, Clyst heads for a floor duct and disappears inside, and then start s moving upthe ducts and such as well as he can, hadingforthe top. He is not sure what is going on, but the tone of the human was clear.

Clyst looks around, his form quivering and rearranging itself as he follows the human over to the whatever it is he sits down on. He really cannot figure sitting down out at all, for him it would tkae a terriffic amount o work to stay in one of those things, and he knows humans can lay onteh ground, they do it enough. Lyging onthe ground is one of Clyst's best things also.

Assuming a positive answer, Clyst heads for a floor duct and disappears inside, and then start s moving upthe ducts and such as well as he can, hadingforthe top. He is not sure what is going on, but the tone of the human was clear.

It's a pretty long way up the pipes, at least as long as the journey he took to get to the building. When Clyst's gone up a good distance, the ducts change design, and they look a lot newer and cleaner. Before Clyst has a chance to recognize what this might mean, parts of the duct start moving. It's like they're trying to stamp him into tiny pieces as he tries to move any higher.

A group of four people dressed in a cross between SWAT gear and NBC gear burst through the door.

"Where's the threat?" the one in front asks the guard, who looks over towards Kevin.

"He's right over... hey, where did he go?" he asks Kevin, his voice rising as he realizes that he doesn't see Clyst anywhere.

Kevin looks up from the papers, then looks around the ground. "I don't know," he bluffs. "I was busy filling out this ton of forms you gave me."

The guard frowns, "I don't believe you. One of you, watch him. I'm calling in priority yellow."

He pushes a button, and yellow lights begin to flash near most entrances and exits. No klaxons are sounding - apparently, priority yellow isn't high enough for that. One of the containment team members trains something that looks like a cross between a taser and some sort of raygun on Kevin. When a yellow beam comes out of it and hits Kevin, he jumps up, scattering papers everywhere.

The person inside the containment gear shakes her head, and with a muffled voice she says "We're just scanning you for known alien DNA. Some of them are mind controllers." She speaks quickly enough that Kevin doesn't try to run off. It bings, and the woman looks down.

"We're not seeing any alien DNA. None. I'm passing it back to the Prof," she says.

It's a pretty long way up the pipes, at least as long as the journey he took to get to the building. When Clyst's gone up a good distance, the ducts change design, and they look a lot newer and cleaner. Before Clyst has a chance to recognize what this might mean, parts of the duct start moving. It's like they're trying to stamp him into tiny pieces as he tries to move any higher.

A group of four people dressed in a cross between SWAT gear and NBC gear burst through the door.

"Where's the threat?" the one in front asks the guard, who looks over towards Kevin.

"He's right over... hey, where did he go?" he asks Kevin, his voice rising as he realizes that he doesn't see Clyst anywhere.

Kevin looks up from the papers, then looks around the ground. "I don't know," he bluffs. "I was busy filling out this ton of forms you gave me."

The guard frowns, "I don't believe you. One of you, watch him. I'm calling in priority yellow."

He pushes a button, and yellow lights begin to flash near most entrances and exits. No klaxons are sounding - apparently, priority yellow isn't high enough for that. One of the containment team members trains something that looks like a cross between a taser and some sort of raygun on Kevin. When a yellow beam comes out of it and hits Kevin, he jumps up, scattering papers everywhere.

The person inside the containment gear shakes her head, and with a muffled voice she says "We're just scanning you for known alien DNA. Some of them are mind controllers." She speaks quickly enough that Kevin doesn't try to run off. It bings, and the woman looks down.

"We're not seeing any alien DNA. None. I'm passing it back to the Prof," she says.

Clyst instinctively tries to avoid (1d20+3=23) the probing bits and finds it pretty easy to form his parts around the attack, and he toughs it out (1d20+6=16).

The attack having startled him, Clsyt turns on his Acid aura to full strength to destroy the mechanism before it can harm him more.

OOC: Free action Power Reserve to Energy Aura. Acid Aura 5 to the mechanism if it is in contact with him, move up the pipe, probably doing heavy damage to it as he goes.

Clyst instinctively tries to avoid (1d20+3=23) the probing bits and finds it pretty easy to form his parts around the attack, and he toughs it out (1d20+6=16).

The attack having startled him, Clsyt turns on his Acid aura to full strength to destroy the mechanism before it can harm him more.

OOC: Free action Power Reserve to Energy Aura. Acid Aura 5 to the mechanism if it is in contact with him, move up the pipe, probably doing heavy damage to it as he goes.

The pipes burn more slowly than Clyst had expected, though the spots where his acidic aura touches the older pipes melt quickly. It only takes a few seconds before whatever mechanism had been responsible for the pressing is disabled. Clyst can continue up, and exit out of the ducts into a laboratory. The grate to the ducts is smaller than usual - bugs probably couldn't get through, but Clyst is able to squeeze himself through with some effort.

The plasma big-screen TV in the lobby changes to the face of an elderly gentleman. He looks very intelligent, and as he looks around the lobby, a camera folds up from behind the TV and looks around in the same manner.

"Code yellow," he says. "Percy, what did the extraterrestrial look like?"

The guard reddens as his real name is used. "Sort of like a greenish blob, like the movie maybe. Came up to his knees," he says, pointing to Kevin, "about as wide at the bottom."

The camera swivels to Kevin. "And you're the young man who brought him in. Did he..." the man cuts off. "He's melting the defense mechanisms. Young man, answer quickly. Does he pose a threat?"

Kevin doesn't hesitate. "No. He's curious about people with superpowers. He probably thinks that... well, that you pose a threat to him."

The face looks at Kevin for a second and then the yellow lights stop flashing. It turns to Percy. "Escort this man upstairs. He seems to have a rapport with him. Keep the containment team on ready status, but don't send them up. I need to redesign the scanners. They appear too much like weapons."

Percy nods, "Aye aye, Dr. Atom." Dr. Atom's face blinks out, and the TV returns to whatever it had previously been showing. Percy looks at Kevin with a bit of an annoyed expression and says, "Come with me."

In the lab, the yellow lights which had been flashing shut off. A door opens, and a young man who somewhat resembles Kevin (though even taller and stronger) comes out.

"Hello? I'm Max Atom, and my granddad said that someone had come up to see us..." he trails off as he looks around the lab.