Ready to work its way up!

Clyst has seen this form a nearby sewer grate, and suddenly starts quivering all over as he sees th man do something to the one who stole something and then give the... whatever it was back to the other one. He tries to stay hidden. but is not sure if he did or not. Nevertheless, he reaches out a very very thin tendrial to try to touch the creature, trying to say hello in the way of its kind.

OOC: Hope this is not the end of Clyst ;)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyst has seen this form a nearby sewer grate, and suddenly starts quivering all over as he sees th man do something to the one who stole something and then give the... whatever it was back to the other one. He tries to stay hidden. but is not sure if he did or not. Nevertheless, he reaches out a very very thin tendrial to try to touch the creature, trying to say hello in the way of its kind.

OOC: Hope this is not the end of Clyst ;)

Kevin isn't looking at the ground as he waits in line at a hot dog vendor's booth for a bite to eat, and so he has no way to notice Clyst sneaking up towards him. Therefore, the tendril makes contact with Kevin's ankle. This, he notices, and he grimaces slightly as he looks down at it.

"Looks like I stepped in something," he mutters, and he pulls back his ankle, expecting the slime to retract back to the ground.

Kevin isn't looking at the ground as he waits in line at a hot dog vendor's booth for a bite to eat, and so he has no way to notice Clyst sneaking up towards him. Therefore, the tendril makes contact with Kevin's ankle. This, he notices, and he grimaces slightly as he looks down at it.

"Looks like I stepped in something," he mutters, and he pulls back his ankle, expecting the slime to retract back to the ground.

Clyst watches the person carefully, and notes the t it noticed his greeting, but did not really respond, an even more exciting, noticed that the creature indeed does have that power that Clyst came up north i search of, the ... other-power.

And that means Clyst really wants to meet this person, but the person did not respond, not the right way.

But maybe another way. The way these creatures usually greet each other.

So Clyst summons up his mental energies and send out a pulse of energy directed at the being's mind in front of him, "Hello?"

Clyst watches the person carefully, and notes the t it noticed his greeting, but did not really respond, an even more exciting, noticed that the creature indeed does have that power that Clyst came up north i search of, the ... other-power.

And that means Clyst really wants to meet this person, but the person did not respond, not the right way.

So Clyst summons up his mental energies and send out a pulse of energy directed at the being's mind in front of him, "Hello?"

Kevin looks around, confused. He heard someone say hello to him, but he can't figure out where. And when he thinks about it a little more carefully, it was more like he heard the thought in his head than from his ears. Then he looks over to the man at the hot dog stand, who is speaking to him.

"You gonna take your dog or not? Either way, stop blocking up the place," he says. Chastened, Kevin grabs the hot dog and walks away from the stand, stopping to take a big bite of his hot dog as he stands in the middle of an alleyway. He glances around again to try to see if anyone is looking at him funny, but he still hasn't thought to look at his feet yet.

Kevin looks around, confused. He heard someone say hello to him, but he can't figure out where. And when he thinks about it a little more carefully, it was more like he heard the thought in his head than from his ears. Then he looks over to the man at the hot dog stand, who is speaking to him.

"You gonna take your dog or not? Either way, stop blocking up the place," he says. Chastened, Kevin grabs the hot dog and walks away from the stand, stopping to take a big bite of his hot dog as he stands in the middle of an alleyway. He glances around again to try to see if anyone is looking at him funny, but he still hasn't thought to look at his feet yet.

Clyst is not sure what to do now. He said hello. He reached out and touched someone. But no answer. No real reaction. Did it even hear him? Clyst wondered.

Clyst thought for a second and then decided to get closer and shake hands. So out of the sewer grate he flowed the steel dividers flowing smoothly through his form, or his form around them. An then when he was out in the open, he can be clearly seen asa blob roughly 6 feet long, 2 wide and six to eight inches thick, pale green, with odd pinclusions that come and go withing his body. There ae no eyes, ears, nor any apparent appendage. He rears up, pushing the middle of his mass upwards,s the edges contract until be becomes a squat column about 4 feet high and 2-3 feet in diameter. He looks like nothing on this earth outside a horror movie. Clyst made a parody of a hand (really just an extended lump of pale green tissue, and said again mentally, "Good to meet you. I am Clyst."

It seems to be hard for the blob to form itself into an upright shape, and wavy lines go through it, as the body constantly rearranges itself.

Clyst is not sure what to do now. He said hello. He reached out and touched someone. But no answer. No real reaction. Did it even hear him? Clyst wondered.

Clyst thought for a second and then decided to get closer and shake hands. So out of the sewer grate he flowed the steel dividers flowing smoothly through his form, or his form around them. An then when he was out in the open, he can be clearly seen asa blob roughly 6 feet long, 2 wide and six to eight inches thick, pale green, with odd pinclusions that come and go withing his body. There ae no eyes, ears, nor any apparent appendage. He rears up, pushing the middle of his mass upwards,s the edges contract until be becomes a squat column about 4 feet high and 2-3 feet in diameter. He looks like nothing on this earth outside a horror movie. Clyst made a parody of a hand (really just an extended lump of pale green tissue, and said again mentally, "Good to meet you. I am Clyst."

It seems to be hard for the blob to form itself into an upright shape, and wavy lines go through it, as the body constantly rearranges itself.

Horror movie is the best way to describe it, and despite himself, Kevin shudders. He thinks to himself absurdly, "I wish I had seen The Blob once before. But I don't think that one spoke." Subconsciously, he looks at it the same way that he had looked at the assassin, and he takes a step back.

"You... you are alive," he says in a voice hushed so as to avoid attention. Unbeknownst to him, his eyes are glowing a brilliant green as he looks down at Clyst's pseudopod. He can see Clyst's structure - remarkably simple, almost like what he thinks a bacterium should look like, but there are parts of it (him?) that look as structured as the brain, and one or two even more so. There's something else about him too, something very familiar...

"And you're from Earth, aren't you?"

Kevin takes a deep breath and cautiously sticks a hand out towards Clyst. "I'm Kevin," he says as he graps the pseudopod. The grip isn't too solid at first, as he tries to figure out how strong he can squeeze without crushing Clyst. Clyst has been peaceful so far, and Kevin wants to keep him that way. On a hunch, he strengthens Clyst the way that he does some of his teammates and friends. He's never tried it on a non-human before, but it seems like it should work. His eyes fade back to their usual color, but Clyst can definitely feel the results.

Horror movie is the best way to describe it, and despite himself, Kevin shudders. He thinks to himself absurdly, "I wish I had seen The Blob once before. But I don't think that one spoke." Subconsciously, he looks at it the same way that he had looked at the assassin, and he takes a step back.

"You... you are alive," he says in a voice hushed so as to avoid attention. Unbeknownst to him, his eyes are glowing a brilliant green as he looks down at Clyst's pseudopod. He can see Clyst's structure - remarkably simple, almost like what he thinks a bacterium should look like, but there are parts of it (him?) that look as structured as the brain, and one or two even more so. There's something else about him too, something very familiar...

Kevin takes a deep breath and cautiously sticks a hand out towards Clyst. "I'm Kevin," he says as he graps the pseudopod. The grip isn't too solid at first, as he tries to figure out how strong he can squeeze without crushing Clyst. Clyst has been peaceful so far, and Kevin wants to keep him that way. On a hunch, he strengthens Clyst the way that he does some of his teammates and friends. He's never tried it on a non-human before, but it seems like it should work. His eyes fade back to their usual color, but Clyst can definitely feel the results.

Clyst looks at the strange being in front of him, assured somehow, for some reason by the almost intangible feeling of power that he man radiates, a similar power that Clyst knows resides inside of him also. Frankly, it is one of the few things keeping him here in the open, with the noise and smells, and everything going on all around him at this moment.

But then he feels a surge of the power, this odd power, that definitely comes from the person in front of him, and fills him with energy. making him a lot more than he was before. And to Clyst it is like a door opening, or a glimpse of the fuure? For Clyst knows he is still growing and growing fast, changing from what he was to something else, but he does not really know what.

But that only tkaes a second, and then Clyst says, "What did you do? How did you change me?"

Clyst looks at the strange being in front of him, assured somehow, for some reason by the almost intangible feeling of power that he man radiates, a similar power that Clyst knows resides inside of him also. Frankly, it is one of the few things keeping him here in the open, with the noise and smells, and everything going on all around him at this moment.

But then he feels a surge of the power, this odd power, that definitely comes from the person in front of him, and fills him with energy. making him a lot more than he was before. And to Clyst it is like a door opening, or a glimpse of the fuure? For Clyst knows he is still growing and growing fast, changing from what he was to something else, but he does not really know what.

But that only tkaes a second, and then Clyst says, "What did you do? How did you change me?"