A Shadowy Meeting IC

Jimb011

After having tested his new found intellect in gathering information about Freedom City. Dr. Annihilate returns to where he first entered this dimension: The Freedom city Mall Parking lot! Here at west end he tries to seek out Captain Kinevel so that he may assist in his greatest diabolical scheme.

In his plain cloths business suit Dr. Annihilate Aka Thomas hazard walks confidently down a sidewalk adjacent to the parking lot. "Zounds! this is Infuriating trying to find the Captain in this vast urban expanse! I, the great Dr....Annihilate!!! shall have to resort to more risky methods" Thomas Hazard then goes into a phone booth. After a few seconds he comes out as Dr.... Annihilate!!! He then takes his newly created Sonic Cane he had created a few days ago and presses the top button stub. A Short high pitched shrill emits from the cane followed by a shock wave which blasts out to immediate area setting off several Car Alarms and shattering windows. "Hehehehe Neaaaaaaaa, Fear my technological power! Hopefully this will attract the attention of the Captain. I shall now set off more Automotive alarms and destroy more windows!Neaaaaaaaaaaa" Dr. Annihilate then moves to another section and activates his cane again. Having created several shock waves to shock the witnessing crowds he then waits for the results of his signal to come to fruition.

I wasn't every day that you met a criminally insane super scientist. It also wasn't every day that you let one run loose in your city. After his confrontation with Dr. Archeville and the large red beast named Atlas, Captain Knievel had kept his eyes peeled for that cook that called himself Dr. Annihilate.

His search eventually paid off. Not long after his retreat from the aforementioned super brawl, Captain Knievel once again found himself at the car park of the West End Mall. Lo and behold, there was Dr. Annihilate...causing a ruckus. "So I guess it's true what they say. They always return to the scene of the crime."

"Hey, you!" Captain Knievel called out, leaping over a row of cars that had not yet been vandalized. Captain Knievel landed in front of Dr. Annihilate and inclined his head to acknowledge the man's presence. "Quit causing such a ruckus! You're going to attract attention just like last time! You won't survive long in this town that way. I would know. I used to be the same way." Captain Knievel folded his arms and stood in front of the Dr., waiting for him to speak.

Excellent! the Sonic Cane was a success! Dr...Annihilate looked towards the captain and while stroking his mustache begins to create his proposal. "good evening Captain Knievel. I Dr...Annihilate had to use my newly created Sonic Cane to create a Ruckus as you put it so as to attract your attention. But yes I will stop creating this noise and at the same time suggest we move to a more secure location as I have a proposal for you neaaaaaaas"

He's totally crazy! ....But I just can't hate him!

Captain Knievel raised an eyebrow. Now he was intrigued. A proposal meant possible allies. One could never have enough of those. "Very well." Captain Knievel tried to talk above the sound of the car alarms. But it was difficult. "Where do you suggest we relocate to? And how do you propose we get there? Do you still have that SUV you stole earlier?"

Dr. Annihilate shake his head while holding the brim of his top-hat and says "I had to vacate my acquired SUV as it had served my purpose of escape and would be a further hazard to my machinations. However I shall acquire another undamaged vehicle from this parking lot if you wish. We will be traveling to the religious bastion of St. Sebastien's church where I shall unfold my plans, neaaaaaaa."

"Heh" Captain Knievel stood, observing the man's handiwork. It would be a simple matter for him to break the window and open the car from the inside, or for that matter, simply rip the door away from the car entirely. But that would not do in the current situation. If he was going to work with this fellow, he wanted to see what he had to offer. Captain Knievel needed to know the limits of Dr. Annihilate's skills. "Take your time, I've got all day..." Captain Knievel folded his arms and leaned up against the car, mentally counting to himself how long it took the man to break into and hot-wire a car. He remembered the man managing it pretty quickly a few days ago, but then he was busy dealing with super-heroes at that time and he may have not been paying proper attention...One...Two...Three...Four...

Hmm maybe I can upgrade my makeshift lock picking device Dr. Annihilate pulls off the car's antenna and begins to Jury Rig it into a superior lock pick. After a few seconds he had created his temporary device and attempts once again to Open the car door. He mutters to himself "Yeeeeeeees this should do" and opens the car door while at the same time setting off the car alarm.without blinking he then gets into the car to begin disabling the security.

When Captain Knievel saw Dr. Annihilate reach over and pluck the antennae off of the car, he instantly stopped counting. Now he was intrigued. After a few seconds, he saw the device that the scientist was building begin to take shape. Now this is getting interesting. he thought.

Once Dr. Annihilate had popped the lock on the door, Captain Knievel went around to the passenger's side door and pulled it open. Slipping into the seat, next to Dr. Annihilate he said, "Neat trick with the antennae, Doc, Now how are you going to get this thing started? Hot-wire it?"

"Indeed, I will use my temporary device I have created of which I have Called The Power Pick. It which allows me to Disable mechanisms through simpler methods" Dr. Annihilate responds as he begins to Disable the security system of the car and hotwire its starter but can't get the starter going. He mutters under his breath "Blast" and smacks the ignition with his hand. Surprisingly it starts with a loud roar! "Haha success!" Dr. Annihilate then pulls out of the mall parking lot and begins to head towards St. Sebastien's Church.

Captain Knievel was continually impressed with the man's technical skill. He had now seen the man hot-wire two cars of completely different make and model with relative ease. A feat that he could only imagine was quite a difficult task. In addition, the man seemed to be able to whip together strange devices seemingly out of thin air. He may not be that helpful IN a fight, but BEFORE one, he could be invaluable!

Captain Knievel chuckled when the smack Dr. Annihilate delivered to the car's steering column caused it to start. "I like your strategy of hitting things, Doc. I have to say that I'm also a pretty big fan of that strategy." Captain Knievel said with a smile, punching the palm of one of his hands with the other fist. "How far away is this church?"

Dr. Annihilate does not look at Knievel as he is driving. He hadn't gotten his licenses yet but he was confident that his mind would make up for it. "Our destination is approximately three miles away, and yes I too am A fan of hitting things when necessary, neaaaaaaaas" he pauses and thinks about his current situation then continues "In our previous encounter when you and that magnetically charged teenager did battle with that scientist I noticed you have special talents. I would like to know if there are many others like you and that scientist with similar abilities neaaaaaas."

"Oh god yea!" Captain Knievel scoffed, forgetting for a few moments that this man had come through a wormhole and likely didn't have the first clue about his new surroundings. "Allow me to fill you in a little bit. Freaks like that are crawling all over this city. It's practically the only thing that those of us grade A humans can do to keep them from taking over. Sometimes I think they already have!" Captain Knievel looked out the window, silent for a second, thinking. "Problem is, your average Joe on the street practically worships those goodie goods. They just don't get it. I mean a guy like me, and those that I associate with have enough trouble putting up with one or two of those so called, 'Heroes' from time to time, what do they think is going to happen when the Heroes realize they can have their way with this city, and every other city on earth?" Captain Knievel grumbled to himself. "They're going to come crawling to us. The ones they used to hate, the ones they used to make stand trial simply for sticking up for what we believe in."

Captain Knievel turned and fixed Dr. Annihilate with a steady calculated gaze. "And on that day, the most glorious day of my life, I'll look down at all those people crawling to me for help, reaching up to me to give them a hand, and I will turn my back on them! One thing my life has taught me so far is that the people of this city never learn. They just fall into step behind whatever powerful figure they think can save them and support them. Don't get me wrong. I'll still destroy those 'Heroes' for them, but I will forever put an end to this @#$%ing cycle of dependency!" Captain Knievel slammed his fist down on the hand rest on the door panel as he finished his rant.

Now to find out if he's really one of us...

Dr. Annihilate looked at Captain Knievel for a second as he talked then re-concentrated on the road. I may have tipped my hat a little, very well it is enough for gathering information. "These "heroes" you speak of are merely obstacles to me. I, the great Dr....Annihilate consider them beneath me in term's of intellect. Those who worship them as saviors are merely potential pawns in my schemes to overthrow these super-powered beings so that I Dr.... Annihilate!!! May reach my true goal of taking revenge against those who peddle education and knowledge to those who claim to be responsible enough to use it naaaaaaaaa" The Doctor drummed his fingers on the steering wheel "My intellect is of true greatness and is superior to all who claim otherwise. Anyone who stands in my way of this I shall gain an advantage over them by acquiring knowledge to use it against them neaaaaaas. The people of this city and soon the entire world shall realize this and tremble before my Intellectual power! hahahahahaha!"

And sold!

Captain Knievel smiled, "You know, Doc, I like you're style. But you'd better watch yourself. I say this as a friendly warning. Just because you are smarter than others doesn't always mean you have an automatic leg up on them. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty handy in a fight, so I know what I'm talking about. And lets get one thing clear right now." Captain Knievel brandished a finger at Dr. Annihilate again, "Just because you ARE smarter than me doesn't mean i'll take orders from you. If we're going to pursue this little scheme of yours, we do so as equals, or we don't at all."

Captain Knievel relaxed again, "And you should be aware that they have plenty of brains on their side as well. I've learned how important taking these things with a little care can be. It can be the difference in winning a fight and not seeing one coming."

Dr. Annihilate thought about Knievel's words for a few seconds. It was only a few seconds but it was noticable "Very well Captain Knievel we have an accord. I the Great Dr...Annihilate!!! Shall work with you on affairs pertinent to mutual goals that may further our own naaaaaaaas. I Dr....Annihilate!!! fully understand that there are other scientists with powers and intellect. But my intellect will overcome theres by gaining their weaknesses and technology to use against them naaaaaaas. One must be confidant in such premonitions. He paused for a second as he turned onto the next road then said "In my last few days of investigation of this city, I have determined that you are accustomed to taking challenges. Is my information accurate?" now I shall determine what my newfound ally's stability for my coming scheme.

His turn...

"Heh," Captain Knievel chuckled. "Being a little vague there, buddy. My ability to take on challenges depends on the nature of the challenge. I like any other man have my strengths and weaknesses." Captain Knievel turned again to look out the window as they drove.

"I can't do any complex calculations in my head like some, but I can be pretty useful in a fight, if that's what you're looking for. I've been in this city for a while now, and I've gone toe to toe with some of the city's most powerful heroes, and I'm still here, so that has to say something..."

Dr. Annihilate looked at the Captain and then stopped the car That wasn't the answer I was expecting but I can rephrase "We have arrived at the Church Of St. Sebastien where my scheme can be securely divulged. When I, the Great Dr....Annihilate! asked if you if you were accustomed to taking challenges my query was about whether you, As captain Knievel enjoy the thrill of a challenge such as a mountain climber might enjoy Everest because it's there. And I have no doubts about your fighting ability as you have proven most proficient in dealing with Dr. Archville and his associates neaaaaaaaaaaas. I'm merely trying to understand if you are willing to participate in such a intricate plan of mine to its very outcome? Depending on its grand design of course."

Captain Knievel stepped out of the car and shut the door. "Oh I do very much enjoy a good challenge. One of my favorite hobbies is pushing myself to my limits, just for the sake of seeing how far I can go."

Captain Knievel smiled as he walked around the front of the car towards the door of the church. "If your scheme includes anything of that sort, I daresay I should enjoy it very much!"

Dr. Annihilate puts his finger-tips together and says "Eeeeeeeeexcellent, come now; we shall take refuge in this steeple so that we are protected from the authorities within its supposed "spiritual" dwellings and it's easily exploitable religious guidance service neaaaaaaaaaas." With that he exits the car and heads towards the churches doors. He then opens booth of them at the same time. He then heads towards the confessional and motions Knievel to go into the side that the would be priest would be in. This will do nicely

Captain Knievel laughed to himself as he entered the silence of the church. "Haven't been to one of these places since my parents stopped dragging me here." Captain Knievel spoke in hushed tones. Even he could respect a house of god. When Dr. Annihilate prompted him to enter the priests confessional, he was a little taken aback. However, the prospect of whatever scheme the man had come up with was far more intriguing than his distaste for what he was doing.

Captain Knievel entered the confessional and sat down. "Now what?"