House Party (OOC)

quotemyname

So there's been talk...

I thought AA was going to weigh in as a judge for this thread since his character would be here and all. However now I am finding out that Sand might want to take up the mantle. I'm fine with either, I would just like it to be official who is actually going to do it.

Sand, if you want the Shadow Academy kids to crash, that's fine. I was thinking the thread could go at least like 2-5 pages of role-playing before any conflict crops up, though, if that's okay.

if it matters (and I don't recall what version of the char I'm on here), James will match Zoe's guitar skills but not exceed. not sure if that can be done or if people can notice when you're not giving it everything on your performance but that's the general idea.

Um... I think you can always choose to use less of a bonus (or a lower rank) than your maximum, so sure. But if you're doing that and trying to make it seem like your normal playing skill, I'd like a Bluff check if possible. The members of the band would at least know that your heart's not in it if nothing else.

Um... I think you can always choose to use less of a bonus (or a lower rank) than your maximum, so sure. But if you're doing that and trying to make it seem like your normal playing skill, I'd like a Bluff check if possible. The members of the band would at least know that your heart's not in it if nothing else.

Ok Music geeking incoming, You have been warned.

Playing to showcase another performer is actually more difficult than just showing off yourself. Realy the rest of the band woudl likely realize that he's playing a solid backup to her solo more than not having his heart in it. Given the performance skills all around I would say everyone involved would recognize that but its pretty standard in more informal performances like this one.

That's true. But it didn't seem like he was going to do it for that purpose. He was more just going to do it because his heart wasn't in it. It's just the intention I'm looking to reflect. If he's doing it to up play her skill, that's fine. If he's doing it because he didn't want to be there that's different.