OOC Annihilation: The rise of Dr. Annihilate

Jimb011

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh, it was obvious Doc's force field was down.

Save for first attack is... 19, which fails by 13, so another Staggered & Stunned.

But since a staggered char who is staggered a second time is rendered unconscious, Doc is KO'd!

Which nets Doc another HP.

Knockback! Blast 17 - Knockback 4 = 13 = 10,000 feet (or about 2 miles). Since Doc was up in the air, Emperor had to be shooting at an upward angle to hit him, so... Doc's goin' up! Though not far enough to exit the Troposphere.

But does Doc's belt stay on and keep him up? DC 15 Concentration... 31, so yes.

Initiative & Conditions

26 -- Knievel -- 1 Villain Point -- Bruise x1

9A -- Archeville -- 3 Hero Points -- Bruise x3, fatigued, stunned, staggered, unconscious

9B -- Emperor -- 0 Villain Points -- Unharmed

1 -- Atlas -- 1 Hero Point -- Unharmed

you get Hero Points for failing concentration checks? :shock: I didn't know that! That's pretty sweet!

There's all sorts of fascinating things in the rulebooks, y'know ;)

And now it's the start of round 5. Knievel's up.

Counter Intimidate vs Captain Startle DC 25 (1d20+12=26) Pass, attack misses.

Counter Intimidate vs Mervyl Demoralize DC 27 (1d20+12=14) Fail, -2 penalty to attack rolls and skill checks for 1 round.

Counter Intimidate vs Mervyl Startle DC 28 (1d20+10=30) Pass.

Atlas uses his Freeze Breath now that the two of you are in close proximity. DC 20 Reflex save for half "damage" and then DC 20 Reflex save vs a Snare effect (15 if you pass the initial save).

I has snow. You can has. Is gift.

Is now top of round 6.

No one used Hero/Villain Points last round, so totals remain the same.

Initiative & Conditions

26 -- Knievel -- 1 Villain Point -- Bruise x1

9A -- Archeville -- 3 Hero Points -- Bruise x3, fatigued, stunned, staggered, unconscious*, and ~2 miles away

9B -- Emperor -- 0 Villain Points -- Unharmed

1 -- Atlas -- 1 Hero Point -- Unharmed

Knievel, go!

* Doc's unconscious for at least eight more rounds, unless I spend an HP to give him an instant recovery check.

Reflex DC 20 for half damage vs. "Snow Cone" (1d20+8=25)

Passed the first one. *crosses fingers*

Reflex vs. DC 15 Snare from "Snow Cone" (1d20+8=10)

Damn! He got me! At this point in the fight, I think being bound and helpless would be an AWFUL thing to have happen. Lets see if I can't get out of this without burning that last Villain Point...

Okay, before I commit to not spending that hero point I just want to clarify some rules a bit. I can break the snare as a full round action using my strength modifier rank damage, correct? If I spend a full round action, I can treat the toughness save of the object to be (5+rank) 15, correct? Super Strength adds to your damage when breaking objects, So if, on my turn, I switch out to the laser whip power on the Adrenaline Cannon, I will have a rank (str 8 + SS 5) 13 damage effect on the object, correct?

Can I power attack/defensive attack while trying to get out of the snare? If yes, then my damage bonus would become 18 (and I would defensive attack to protect myself from Atlas) and it would exceed the objects toughness save, therefore breaking it (but not being quite enough to shatter it completely) Would this free me from the snare? Or would I still be hindered in some way?

If I cannot power attack it, I doubt I have much chance of shattering the snare, and therefore would use my Villain Point. That's my plans for the round. Just confirm some of these points/questions and I'll wait to see how mervyl does on his saves and then I will act once I know what I am up against.

Thanks.