Annihilation: The Rise of Dr. Annihilate!

Jimb011

Atlas grinned as Captain Knievel was rocked by his attack. That grin quickly turned to horror however when Doctor Archeville was assaulted by this strange person. Immediately, Atlas switched targets and leapt across the street which had become a battlefield straight at Mervyl. Atlas leapt clear through the smoke left by the attack, landing right in front of Mervyl and swiped at him with a vicious haymaker, which Mervyl wisely evaded. "That's the last mistake you make!" said the now strangely articulate beast.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUTANTS! EVERYWHERE! This whole thing is FUBAR! Gotta try and come out on top somehow...

"Keep it together, kid! Take the doc out first, then deal with that big ugly brute later!" Captain Knievel craned his neck up to look at Dr. Archeville. He crouched, and once again launched up at his nemesis. He back flipped in mid air, and once again release a jet of compressed air at Dr. Archeville. This time he released the blast from his kick, targeting the small of Archeville's back and his sciatic nerve! The hit once again connected and Captain Knievel dropped safely to the ground below!

What the frack did he just hit us with?!

It appeared to be some sort of- ARGH!

"I am- ACK!" Archeville barely managed to blurt out before being smashed by both rapid blasts from Emperor and Knievl's air cannon. Worse, Knivel's last hit jostled something loose in Archeville's gravimetric belt, for while he remained aloft, his force field fell!

In all honesty, he looked rather sad hanging up there, like a limp ragdoll. But at least it wasn't raining.

"That's the last mistake you make!"

Mervyl took a step back, and then smiled. "You're right. I promise to put the man down hard this time."

Mervyl ducked the fist, rolled underneath it and blasted another full powered blast at Archville, not knowing that his Force Shield was down.

The Multicolored blast slammed into the Doctor with another *ZOT* and Mervyl smiled. Maybe they could win this after all...

Atlas was getting worried, there was no way Doc was going to be alright after all this, he needed to end this fight now, but just slugging at them wasn't going to get him anywhere. "Arrogant little punk!" roars Atlas, now clearly pissed off. In a single thunderous motion, Altas claps his hands together and a wave of force washes over Mervyl. Without missing a beat, the asphalt beneath Atlas cracks as he leaps at Knievel in the same spread eagle form he used before, and just like last time, a thunderous clap punctuates Atlas landing.

A lot of things happened all at once to Captain Knievel. First there was the issue of the mutant kid's blast which sent Dr. Archeville flying! That was good. "YEA!!!"

Then there was the issue of the big hulking monster that was still terrorizing them. That was bad.

Almost as soon as Dr. Archeville sailed off into the sky, Atlas landed next to Captain Knievel with a crash. The huge monster clapped his hands together, and another powerful gust of wind tore past Captain Knievel. But he was ready this time. He managed to duck most of the blast. The rests was only enough to rustle his hair. "Cool your jets, Ugly. I see you! It's you're turn now!" Captain Knievel spat the threat at the big hulking brute. But Captain Knievel was at somewhat of a loss. Where the @#$% do I start? Aha! With the face!

Captain Knievel lept out of his crouching position and attempted to deliver a flying, flaming kick to Atlas' face. He then back pedaled away from Atlas, keeping his defenses up. If he could keep leading the hulking brute around like a matador, he might have a chance to win this!

Mervyl had no idea on just what his blast did, courtesy of the ear splitting sonic boom that Atlas sent his way. His shield protected him from the blunt of it, but his ears was ringing something fierce.

Mervyl was gassed. He had NEVER fired so many full powered blasts before... yet another one was needed. He took two breaths, judged the angle needed to avoid Captain, extended an arm... and missed. Royally. Blasted sense of dizzyness from that sonic attack was throwing off his aim. Mervyl began to back away, keeping his distance from the hulking brute... or atleast forcing the thing to turn his back on one of them...

Atlas was in a real pinch now. Knievel was far too agile for him to hit, and that other guy packed a whallop with whatever energy he used. He didn't want to fight them both at the same time, so he had to pick. Atlas knew he could do toe to toe with Knievel for a while, but not with the new guy blasting him in the back. Atlas decided Mervyl was more dangerous at the moment, and lunged after him. Altas tried to sock him with an uppercut but bit nothing but air.

"Stupid tiny, little itsy, bitsy man. You're little bug zapper not even hurt little tiny fly." As Atlas had been able to shake of Knievel's attacks up until this point, he didn't want to take the chance that Mervyl could hit harder than him. Atlas let out a massive roar and took another swing at Mervyl, but like the last one, it missed by a large margin, though he did get closer this time.

Mervyl had an idea form in his head. The brute was ignoring Knieval. If Mervyl kept his attention...

He rolled between the hulking monster's legs before standing on his feet and turning to face him. "What's wrong? Big dummy is to s-s-s-slow and to st-st-st-stupid to realize he's out matched?"

Mervyl began to gather magnetic energy into him and he released it in a short emp burst that cause electronics around him to flicker briefly to add to his menace. Light sources sparked, cars either started or turned off, car alarms started blaring. Charged ionic particles began to flicker around him and his eyes began to glow with sinister energy. "Don't you get it? I crushed Dr. Archville. What hope do 'you' have?"

Atlas holds his ground, and manages to avoid Knievel's attack, for such a big guy, he's not so bad on defense. The unorthodox stuttering taunts of Mervyl do however catch him off guard, but he recovers quickly enough to ignore his little light show. "Let's cool that hot head of yours." Atlas takes a small leap backwards and then blasts the street with an arctic wind from his lungs, instantly adding a few inches of ice to everything on the street.

"Slow and stupid. Just like you."

Mervyl managed to latch onto a lampost and pull himself away from the Ice before it solidified. What saved him was the fact that the air around him was magnetically shielded (his shield was getting frozen, not him). All he had to do was yank himself away while mmomentarily flickering the shield, and he was free.

So now he was infront of Captain Knieval, lowering his voice. "Any bright ideas? I can't keep this up forever."

"Ahh!" Captain Knievel was prepared for another punch to come his way, not a blast of cold winter air! He did manage to get out of the way of most of the blast by rolling backwards away from it. He was only able to endure the arctic temperatures by throwing his arms up in front of his face to block most of it out of the way, however.

Not good. Not good. Not good. He's just too strong. I have to get out of here. Captain Knievel raised his left arm and got ready to activate his teleportation beacon and get the hell out of dodge when he glimpsed the other mutant. The one who had been fighting on his side, the kid. But most importantly the one who had railed Dr. Archeville well and good. The kid had just finished fighting off the effects of the blizzard like he had. You have got to be @#$%ing kidding me. Since when did I start to care about THEM?! It must be because of the number he did on the Doctor. @#$%! I MUST be insane!

"Any bright ideas? I can't keep this up forever."

"Just one." He grabbed the shorter combatant around the neck with his left arm. It wasn't quite a headlock, it wasn't nearly tight enough. But he did need to hold him close if this was going to work. "Don't struggle, or I can't guarentee your getting out of this fight alive!" Captain Knievel whispered to the kid. He looked up at the big red brute in front of him. He couldn't take this one down. Not this time, at least. He would need to be prepared the next time he locked fists with this guy, "You're going to need more than a few snowflakes to pin me down, big guy! Give the Doc my regards...IF you can get him down!" Captain Knievel slapped the button on his watch with his right hand and the two combatants vanished.

Moment's later, Captain Knievel and Mervyl materialized in a small dark room. *click* A set of dim green lights flashed on. Captain Knievel dumped Mervyl out on the ground. "You owe me one, kid. If fact, you owe me a BIG one..." Captain Knievel folded his arms and stared down at the kid on the floor in front of him.

The room they were in was about 40 feet long and 10 feet wide. The strange green lighting gave the room an eerie feel. At one end of the room there was a circular pad with waist high railings surrounding most of it. It seemed there was a gap where one would walk past the railings to stand in the middle of the circle. On one of the railings, there rested an electronic key pad. Likely a security lock of some sort. The other end of the room held another such keypad mounted on the wall.

"User Voice Authorization: Funchameleon," Captain Knievel said to no one in particular, "Set security on elevator to maximum. Set security on external door to maximum. Set external security protocols to maximum."

An electronic voice rang out, "Designated security protocols set to maximum. Welcome home, Captain."

He stared down at Mervyl again. "...Especially since I am going to have to change that @#$%ing password now. Now get up."

Mervyl wasn't on the ground per se, He was actually severel inches of it, hovering. He's going to crack flying. All he has to do is push...

Nope, NOW Mervyl was on the floor.

He listened to Captain as he got up and looked around. Wait a second, was this... Oh bloody heck. It was bad and getting worse. Meryl was almost terrified. Almost. But the adrenalin of battle and the elation of defeating Archville (with help) was still pumping in his system. So much so that he met Knievel's eyes with a solid steel look of his own. Some of the metal in the room, and some electronics flickered lightly as Mervyl slowly got to his feet. The teleportation must've magnetized him a bit. The excess energy slowy began to leak out through his eyes inn the form of silver-blue vapor. His face was like a smoking skull.

Mervyl really didn't know what to say. On the one hand, he didn't like being spoken down too... but yet, he did owe Kneivel. Tough to go to school when you're in juvi. "Fine. What of it?"

When the lights began to flicker, Captain Knievel brandished the forefinger of his left hand at Mervyl. "Watch it with that magnetic crap, kid. There's a lot of metal in this place. I won't have you @#$%ing up my base." Captain Knievel folded his arms once more as Mervyl stood.

"Fine. What of it?"

"You helped me deal some damage to Dr. Archeville, and hopefully his ego as well. For that, I'm not going to hurt you. Then there's the matter of me helping you out of that little scrape. All I'm saying is that this puts you in my debt. I might call in a favor some time, and I expect you to deliver." Captain Knievel's frowning expression brooked no argument on this issue. As far as Captain Knievel was concerned, Mervyl was still lucky to be alive.

"There's one more thing too. They're probably going to be looking for you after this. I'd stay below the radar for a while. No in the interests of preserving the secret location of this base, I'm going to have to teleport you out of here. You got a house or something I can take you to?" Captain Knievel's expression relaxed a little bit. He was tired, and he just wanted this night to be over. He was going to have a lot to deal with in the next few days. What with that new hulking brute hanging around, and Archeville would likely be looking for him, not to mention that new cook that had come through the wormhole... Captain Knievel sighed inwardly. Why didn't he just stay out of this one?

"Is it my fault you didn't invest in emp protection?"

Mervyl concentrated ihis excess energy into a ball in the palm of his hand... then crushed it in his fist, scatrtering it into thousand of small emp particles. there were some more flickering, but everything died down.

"Evanier Prep School" Mervyl wondered if Knievel even 'knew' of the place. "It's near Lantern Hill, so staying under the radar is not a problem. Even Silencer rarely go to those parts."

Mervyl took note, full note, of what Kneivel said. "And what sort of favors. I'm grateful for the help, but my loyalty first and foremost is to the school."

"Look at you tiny itty bitty men, running from snowflake!" taunted Atlas as the pair teleported off to parts unknown. But now that the immediate danger had passed, Atlas needed to try and find what had become of the good Doctor. Altas gave another monsterous leap towards where the Doctor had been flung, and saw the Doc hanging in mid air above the clouds. However, his first jump was not on target, so upon landing he changed direction and took off again, aiming to try and get Doc the medical attention he probably needed.

A broad smile spread across Captain Knievel's face. He knew of the school, alright. Oh this is just too good... He hadn't taught any classes in the school yet. They were due to start any day. But he certainly knew where it was.

"And what sort of favors. I'm grateful for the help, but my loyalty first and foremost is to the school."

Captain Knievel couldn't help but laughing at that comment. "Heh haha. I really don't think that's going to be a problem..." Captain Knievel approached Mervyl, dialed a few numbers onto his watch, pressed the button, and then placed a hand on Mervyl's shoulder.

The two reappeared once again inside the school's main gymnasium. It was a big enough target to aim for when teleporting. "See," Captain Knievel continued, "So is mine, currently. I'll be one of you're instructors in a few days time!" A devilish smile crept across his face. "I'm teaching gym!" Captain Knievel folded his arms and waited to see the kid's reaction, This should be fun...

Mervyl shrugged as he breathed out all his pent up excitement. All the excess was gone. So he did know the place.

"Gym huh, well I'm going to be a student there. I'm really looking forward toWHATDOYOUMEANYOU'RETEACHINGGYM!!?"

The exclamation caused another emp burst. Agtain, Kneivel's electronics flickered but held. He was about to get shot by one of his teachers... His Gym teacher no less.

Oh my God, he's going to die...

Captain Knievel didn't respond to Mervyl's outburst except to raise his eyebrows and say, "See you on Monday!" He then slapped the button on his watch again and teleported out of the gym.

It seems agreeing to teach the little freaks at the Shadow Academy was a good Idea after all. What do you know, I might actually have fun with this! Oh who am I kidding? Making those freaks bust their asses is going to be SO satisfying!