I'm with the Band (IC)

quotemyname

James walked along, relaxed, as they headed for the practice space. He was in no rush, content to go with the flow for now. They would see what they would see.

He nodded to Zoe. "I don't think Eddie's bias towards you will be a problem," he said with a grin. "Skill got him to notice you after all. The rest...just came after." He shrugged. "If you're worried about the money stuff, I'll pay for it and you two can stop fussing over it. Not something you should dwell on anyway. Keep it tight, keep it fun. Don't sweat the little stuff."

"My thoughts exactly." Eddie turned and looked at James, "But don't you go worrying about the money. Generosity is great and all, but I'm not going to need it once I'm famous, you know?" Eddie said with a smile. "I don't like having to rely on anyone any more than the rest of you do. Just another reason why I'm putting this band together. We're all really good at what we do. We SHOULD be getting paid for it, by rights."

"Nah, Jay, thanks anyway, but I gotta pull my own weight. Only way to get respect."

By the time they reached the storage locker, Zöe had gulped down and discarded a second smoothie. When Eddie unlocked the door and rolled it up, she vanished. In the blink of an eye, she had the blue Fender Stratocaster Eddie had purchased the other day slung over her shoulder, and her amp was upright and plugged in. She gave it a few strums to make sure it was in tune, then turned to her assembled bandmates and smiled.

"OK, guys, here's my audition." She then proceeded to play the entirely of "Ceremony" by Joe Satriani. And she didn't miss a note, as she savaged the guitar, beating it within an inch of its life. She lost herself in the music, oblivious to everyone and everything else around her.

Alexis had been there when the group arrived. He had just arrived and was going to practice the drums. But he stood by and watched Zoe as she began to strum away at the guitar. After about 20 seconds of listening to her play, he piped up, "Yea, cool, I know this one!" He sat down at his drums and started banging out the rhythm to accompany Zoe's performance.

The entire performance, Eddie just stood and watched her with a smile on his face. All the while tapping his foot to the beat. When the song finally came to a close, he simply looked at her and smiled, saying, "You had to pick one without words, didn't you. And here I was going to accompany you!"

At this point, it occurred to Eddie that the rest of the band hadn't actually heard him sing yet! He was surprised that none of them had brought it up yet. He wondered how long they would be able to hold out before begging to hear him.

JJ listened as Zoe got going, He had to admit she wasn't just good, she was awesome! "Wow, your really great!" JJ said once she was finished. "We are so-going to be front cover news!" JJ added with a grin, as he placed the metal box down and began to unlock it.

James followed along quietly, wondering if this was such a great idea. Sure he enjoyed music and there might be fun to be had. But being famous was nothing new, and this might be something of a hassle. They were certainly new. But Eddie had asked. And while James might know a thousand and one people, people who were true friends were rather rare. Despite being a weird spaz, Eddie was one. So he just grinned and beared it.

Thankfully it didn't take much longer to get to the locker. Once they got there, he vanished as well before reappearing with two large and heavy cases. He flicked them open carefully, revealing multiple and various stringed instruments from violins to guitars to chellos, plus one very heavy violin case with it's own lock.

He stood and listened as Zoe got them started. Hearing the speedster play was easily worth the walk at the least. She had some impressive skill. Enough to be famous, no question. Better than quite a few who were famous actually. He idly wondered if she was where she came from.

He clapped in genuine appreciation at the end. "Very nice. You've got the skills alright. And then some." He looked around at the others, not bothering to get out a set of strings himself yet. Despite them not hearing him play, he knew he could hold his own. "So, do we want do a few solos to show individual skills or do we want to try something out as a group and see what we can do?"

Zöe stroked her chin thoughtfully for a moment. "Hmmm. A song that showcases what everyone can do, gives everyone a chance to shine. So we need something with vocals, drums, guitars, and keyboards." She raised an eyebrow and grinned. "Now, where would we ever find a song like that?" She started humming the beginning of a certain popular rock song, strumming out a stringed version of the iconic piano melody.

"That sounds like a challenge to me!" Eddie's smile kept getting wider. "JJ get that thing set up already!" All of a sudden he seemed to take over. "James, you'd better hope that guitar of yours is tuned!" Clearly, all of a sudden he was in his element. "I'm gonna need you to be really sharp in this one, Alexis!"

"Is this the real life-

Is this just fantasy-

Caught in a landslide-

No escape from reality-......"

"I'm getting there." JJ said as he moved to a suitable spot. Once there, he placed the small orb on the ground, pressed a small button and stepped back as the device fired up.

As the Holographic matrix fired up, JJ fiddled with a few buttons before they had fully formed. After several seconds several glowing holographic keyboards surrounded him.

"Ready." JJ said with a grin, having forgotten that everyone bar Eddie hadn't seen his Holographic keyboard yet.