"Well, It's A Marvelous Night For A Moondance" (IC)

Heritage

Lynn, having been out for a sizeable quantity of time, left Damien with few things to ponder before she woke up. He hoped that what he'd done was genuinely what he was supposed to do. He didn't dwell too long on it though, after all, Lynn would probably be a bit queasy when she woke up, so he prepared some tea. When she woke up, he chuckled gently as she realized her lack of clothing, then he poured her a cup of tea, before answering her question, â€It was most successful, even if you don’t feel any different, you need to adjust to your new powers as they manifest themselves. But for now, drink.†with that he gave her the steaming cup â€It’ll make you feel a bit better.â€

Arcane Snowman said:
â€It was most successful, even if you don’t feel any different, you need to adjust to your new powers as they manifest themselves. But for now, drink.†with that he gave her the steaming cup â€It’ll make you feel a bit better.â€

"Mmm, thank you!" She eagerly takes the cup and takes a sip. "Ah, that's the good stuff!" Lynn takes a seat at one of the tables and runs a hand through her short spikey hair. "I'm sure you're right, that I'm different somehow, even if I don't feel it right away. I mean, that morning when I woke up the first time, I didn't feel any different. Well, I wasn't cold and my senses were all wonky and all over the place, but I still felt like me, somehow."

She shrugs offhandly.

"So why would this time be any different, right? The core of me, that thing that makes me who I am, is still there."

She frowns in thought as she takes another sip of tea.

"Mmm, there's a phrase I read somewhere that describes it..."

Suddenly she slaps the table in triumph, rattling the tea service.

"My 'essential nature', that's it! That, by its very definition, cannot be changed; I will always be an annoying little Jewish girl at my core."

Edited by Heritage
  • 5 months later...

Chuckling at the girls response, Damien nods slowly before taking another sip of his own cup,

â€you are indeed correct, the changes wrought to you are far subtler that you might expect, I have but given you the potential, the rest is for you to discover...†all at once his face changed, a mix of worry and secrecy and he speaks to her in a somewhat hushed tone of voice â€... likewise, I must express that you be cautious, there are those amongst us fey who do not like the humans and what they have done with this realm, some will see your connection to the Otherwhere a grave offence indeed...†he pauses, remembering the wounds that had been inflicted upon him â€... to the point where they will try to... rectify what they perceive as a grave error,†as he speaks, Damien's voice grows softer and softer, until finally he falls silent.

Arcane Snowman said:
â€... likewise, I must express that you be cautious, there are those amongst us fey who do not like the humans and what they have done with this realm, some will see your connection to the Otherwhere a grave offence indeed...†he pauses, remembering the wounds that had been inflicted upon him â€... to the point where they will try to... rectify what they perceive as a grave error.â€

As Mr Silver spoke, Lynn's eyes got wider and wider, and she found herself hanging on every word, like he was telling a ghost story.

"Oh man, that does not sound good." Her pointed ears grew larger, almost like a doe's, and twitched a bit. "Guess I better keep my guard up, huh?"

Out of the corner of her eye, the feykin caught a glimpse of the silver bottle the Queen of Summer was so insistent she bring along, and she cocked her head as she looked at it askance.

"Waitaminute; if all we had to do was that ritual, what's the big deal with the bottle?"

In an instant, she snatched it up, had the flower-shaped stopper off, and took a big whiff; her expressive face went from suspicious to quizzical.

"It's dandelion wine." Then she looked at the tag around the bottle's slender neck and smiled. "I think we're just supposed to drink it."

With two flicks of her fingers, she conjured up a pair of oaken goblets, which she filled to the brim with wine. Putting down the flagon with a dull thud, she raised the cup in salute, grinning like an idiot.

"Mazel tov!"

Edited by Heritage

Feeling nostalgia welling up inside of him at the scent of the dandelion wine, Damien smiles. â€Sharitha†replies he in the feyan tongue, then, with a polite nod he takes his first sip of the beverage. A familiar warmth spreads itself throughout his body, a taste of a home long since abandoned, the thought brought a measure of sadness to him.

Regret was too strong a word; a sense of how things could perhaps have been said and done differently. But the smiling face in front of him, reminded him of what would have never been, had he not lived as he had, which stopped the notions in his mind from going any further.

Taking another sip, he fixed his eyes on the fully-fledged feykin that was now in front of him, smiled, and asked â€what do you intend to do now?â€

Arcane Snowman said:
â€what do you intend to do now?â€

Lynn could only shrug as she raised her cup to her lips. "I dunno; I mean, I'm already part of a team, but that got a little complicated due to my, uh, love life." She winced, then she took a sip. "Mmm, that's tasty! My grampa slipped me a sip of this when I was a kid; tastes a lot better now, though."

She leaned back and rubbed her eyes. "I guess I'll keep reading up on this faerie stuff, y'know, keep hittin' the books." She tipped her head back and looked at all the bookshelves upside down. "Any titles you could recommend?"

Edited by Heritage

Vigor returns to Damien's face upon hearing the request, he practically springs up from his chair, before heading off to a section of his bookshop, a dusty corner, â€I've got just the thing over here,†whereupon he begins taking various books from the bookshelves, amassing a smaller stack within a relatively short period of time â€take your pick, whilst none of them are even close to accurate, they're a good read.†he gives her a wink.

Arcane Snowman said:
â€take your pick, whilst none of them are even close to accurate, they're a good read.â€

Lynn sat up and began looking over the stack, plucking a few book out and forming a little pile.

"So if these books are all inaccurate, what's the best way to find out the truth? I mean, I know 'the truth about faeries' is kind of like an oxymoron, but is there anyway I can find out more, other than crossing back over into Avalon? I'd kinda like to avoid that, if all possible."

Once she found enough titles, she held them up. "I'm taking these." She stuffed them into her messenger back and poured herself another cup of wine

Edited by Heritage

Damien regards Lynn quizzically, and speaks softly â€and what truth is it you wish to discover about us fey...†he raises his arms up, in an almost over-exaggerated shrug â€... our nature?†he smiles, as if the answer is simple â€like the animals of the wild, we fey are brought into this world and live not only by our instincts, but something much, much deeper than that: the dryad need not incentive, nor teaching to desire to protect her trees, nor the nixie taught about mischief. We simply know, and whilst many of us may show cunning and adaptability when against adversity, we are still but slaves to our original designs, to do otherwise would be to invite our own ends.†he pauses, taking a sip from his cup.

Lynn peered over the top of her goblet at the elderly gentleman as he spoke, rubbing the cup back and forth between her fingers. When he finished, she looked lost in thought.

"So what this is means is, I'm in a very unique position here; since my soul is still mortal, I'm not bound by a certain role like most fae. It's like.."

She sat up and set her cup aside as her hands became more animated, in classic Jersey fashion.

"It's like I'm a character in a faerie tale, but I also know I'm in a story, and I still get to write it. Unpredictable human behavior and creativity bonded with a faerie's changeable body." She snorted and shook her head. "Damn, no wonder they don't like me; I'd be scared, too!"

Suddenly her mood darkened, and her worried gaze fell upon Mr Silver.

"Do I scare you? Or at least, what I represent?"

Edited by Heritage

Shaking his head, Damien puts a hand gently on Lynn's cheek, his eyes filled with tenderness â€I could never fear you...†pausing, he considers how to phrase what he is about to say next, â€... I envy you. If you're aware of the fact that you're in your own story, then I have read the story of myself, and even though I know every twist and turn in it, I still follow the story to it's very letter, knowing full well what is going to happen. A spectator in my own life.â€