To Boldly Go... (IC)

Electra

Stesha nestled in against him comfortably, covering his hand with her own. "I like to think of it as a really good beginning," she murmured, smiling with her eyes still closed. "That speaks of even better things to come. I know I'm going to miss you when we're both off doing our own things this week. You should come over when you have an evening off. We'll have dinner and watch movies, maybe take a walk in the park. This weekend has been amazing, but just being with you is fun." She didn't mention him staying the night, because she figured it would just fluster him, even now, but that was certainly on the table as well. She had a feeling her apartment would seem lonelier than usual tonight.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick nodded, smiling. "Of better things to come. I like the sound of that. Perhaps tomorrow night we could have dinner," he asked. He didn't want to dominate her time but spending time with her was wonderful. He was certainly there was plenty of thing he still had to do, but he could scale back quite a few of the things he did in order to be with her more often than once a week. "We could eat in or go out, anywhere you like." He wasn't that particular about it himself. Since neither really needed to eat to survive, it was just to be social or enjoy the food itself really. As long as he was with her, he wasn't really concerned about what they were doing.

"Sounds good to me," she agreed. "I've got a wedding on Friday, and then I'm supposed to meet Ace on Saturday so he can help me find a real costume. I don't know why I said yes to the idea, except that I think I might be crazy." She chuckled, so that he could feel the vibrations through her back. "So maybe one of these days you'll get to see me heroing around in a costume that's better than a sweatsuit with a hoodie! That'd be something, all right. I kind of wish I was like you and could just go around naked when I was working." She laughed full-out at that.

He chuckled. "Ace is probably a good choice for that. I can't wait to see the costume actually. You should have something that matches the inner hero. Though I like seeing you dressed in whatever. You like fine regardless, but I suppose I might be biased." He laughed along with her before clearing his throat a little at the thought of her doing ...anything...naked. The thought was somewhat distracting despite the fact they were both lying naked under a light sheet. "You'd... uh... certainly stop crime. And everything else too..."

With a laugh, Stesha rolled over to look at him, resting her fingers against his face. "You're too sweet," she told him. "I suppose I'd rather not get arrested while I'm trying to fight crime. Plus, winter in Freedom City is nothing to sneeze at. I think I'll make sure my costume has a jacket or something. Maybe like Phantom's cape, but with actual clothes underneath it, too. The last thing I need is leotard-related frostbite." She chuckled again, then sighed. "Think we should get started packing up?" she asked with some regret.

Derrick smiled. "I look forward to seeing it. I hope you have better luck keeping pants than she does. Taylor always seems to loose them or be unable to find a pair when she wants them. Pants would definitely be a good thing in the winter. How she manages in the winter outside of some power of hers, I'll never know."

He sighed and shook his head. He didn't really want this to end. "It is getting late. But don't worry about packing anything. I'll take care of it afterwords. It will only take me a few moments. I'll take the food you don't want to a homeless shelter when I'm done." He certainly didn't want to waste the last little bit here packing and cleaning.

Stesha sat up reluctantly and stretched, looking around at their little haven. "It's definitely going to be a comedown to have to go in to work tomorrow," she said with a slightly rueful chuckle. "Even worse because I can't tell anyone about this. But it was beautiful, and memorable. You made it perfect." She leaned down and kissed him again, then got out of bed and headed for the shower. Cleaned up and dressed, she rejoined him for one last meal, sitting on the beach with sandwiches and cupcakes to watch strange long-tailed birds wheeling overhead. "I would say goodbye the the fuzzballs," she commented, "but I'm afraid they'd chase me all the way home"

He smiled and watched her head for the shower somewhat guiltily. Not guilty enough to NOT look, but still. Finally he stretched and got up. While she showered, he settled for a quick dip in the ocean. He settled beside her and gratefully accepted the sandwich. They had burned up quite a bit of energy on this little trip and given he wasn't made of energy or used it to recharge much during their vacation, he needed it. He wasn't nearly as into desserts as she was but he'd gladly take the sandwich.

"Well you could tell people if you wanted. Though telling them you were on a planet light years from Earth might be a little hard for most people to swallow. Unless they actually knew about us being heroes of course. But I'm glad. I really wanted you to relax and have a great time." He chuckled. "We could do a flyover on the way out if you want. I'm fairly certain they could follow us then. Probably," he said with a chuckle.

"Well, it would be impolite not to say goodbye," she decided. With the sandwiches done, Stesha packed her clothes and things back into her duffel and collected her hamper before they took one last walk onto the beach. Stesha sighed, looping her arms around his waist and looking out over the ocean. "We'll have to come back sometime," she decided. "When I remember to bring my camera. Are you ready?"

Derrick smiled. "Any time you want. It's only a step away after all." He bent his head down to give giver her a slow and lasting kiss. As he pulled back, he shifted, changed and became Dark Star once more. Despite loving the freedom and scope it brought, this time he noted a sadness within. Not being able to touch her was definitely not a plus.

He reached out and gently lifted Stesha in a telekinetic hold. Rising up a little way, he flew slowly deeper into the island. It was certainly easier to see now what with the daylight and his senses. In a few moments, they passed over a large clearing on a hillside. Dozens of little round hairball rolled and bounced across the grassy area, happily playing some game only they could understand.

"Goodbye!" Stesha called down to them, laughing. "I'll miss you, you voracious little critters!" Tilting her head back and closing her eyes for a moment, she simply enjoyed the sensation of weightless flying. She couldn't feel Derrick, but she knew he wouldn't let her fall, so even though the sensation was odd, she felt perfectly safe. "Okay," she called to him. "I'm ready, let's go!"

Dark Star let them hover there as she yelled out. The little creatures all stopped in puzzlement, looking up at the flying pair. After a long pause while they tried to decide what the two heroes were and meant, they settled on a barking assault. They certainly took to it enthusiastically as the the two floated above them.

With a gesture, Dark Star opened a portal from their tropical paradise into Stesha's foyer. He floated them through but left the portal open behind them for a moment, the warm air gently blowing into the apartment. He released his telekinetic hold, letting her stand by herself. It would be easier and more efficient to simply say goodnight and fly back through the portal. But that would mean not getting a kiss goodnight. And that would be a travesty. And rude too, right?

Derrick slowly solidified and the portal closed without his power to sustain it. He wouldn't be here long but still. "Ah well. Back again, right?"

Stesha sighed just a little, though she was smiling as she looked up at him. "No place like it," she quipped, sliding her arms around his waist. "I feel bad leaving you to do all the cleanup, though. You sure you're okay collecting everything? I suppose I can make it up to you by making supper tomorrow. How do you feel about baked lasagna? I have a super recipe. You'll forget you don't actually have to eat," she promised.

He copied her motions, wrapping his arms around her. "It's no trouble at all. It should only take me a few minutes. I'm just going to store most of it, that way it'll be ready when we want to go again or even somewhere else." And really wanted there to be a next time. Almost as much as he hadn't wanted the weekend to end. He nodded. "Sounds lovely. I'll be here around 5, 5:01? Or is that too early?" Considering his speed, it wasn't hard to give a rather small window of arrival. But more than that, he just wanted to be able to see her.

"Better make it six thirty," she told him, raising a hand and running her fingers along his cheek. "I don't get off till six, and even if I zip home, I'll still have to set the table and change my clothes. Luckily, we can stay up late." Smiling, she leaned in on her tiptoes and kissed him. "Thank you for a beautiful weekend, Derrick. I'll never forget it. Oh! That reminds me!"

Laughing, she wriggled away and went over to her coffee table, where a yellow gift bag was waiting. It looked like she'd intended to bring it along on the trip and forgotten at the last minute. "Here, this is for you," she told him, presenting the bag. "It's not very much, but I thought you would like it." Inside the bag, under five layers of tissue paper, was an intricate little metal globe, etched and colored with continents and oceans and countries, spinning on a mahogany base. "I thought it might be something to remind you of Earth, when you're not out in space to see it."

He smiled. "Six-thirty it is. I look forwad to it. Would you like me to bring anything?" He bent down and brushed her lips with his own. "To me as well. Best vacation ever."

He blinked in surprise. "You didn't have to get me anything," he said honestly but gratefully. He pulled the little globe out and held it gently, letting it slowly spin. "It's wonderful. Thank you." He bent down for a anotehr quick kiss. "Somehow, even if I didn't before, I doubt I'll ever have trouble remembering Earth now," he said, looking at her face.

"Just bring yourself," she told him, "I'll take care of the rest." She thought about inviting him to stay the night tonight, but maybe that was too much, too soon. Honestly, spending every night with him didn't sound so bad at all, but it seemed like it might be moving things too soon. "And if you think of it, maybe you can give the rest of the granola bars to the fuzzballs. You'd make their furry little day." She smiled, but didn't let go, not quite willing to bring herself to say goodbye just yet.

He nodded with a smile. "Very well. I'll make sure to give the rest of bars to the little things." He doubted the little things needed more incentive to pester them the next time the two took a vacation there. But he couldn't really deny her. And they were cute. Ah well, there were other islands.

He gave her a squeeze, tightening his arms around her. "I don't really want to let get let go. But, dragging this out isn't entirely enjoyable. If you're up and bored, give me a call tonight. I'll be 'working' but I should still be able to talk."

"I guess you're right," she said reluctantly. "I've got work to do myself, after taking the whole weekend off. But there's always tomorrow." She patted his cheek, then leaned in to kiss him, resting her hands on his shoulders. "I'll see you later, be careful while you're at work. Don't let the supervillains bite," she joked.