Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

Pseudo shrugs when High Note explains where he was on Halloween. "That's still better than my excuse. I was taking advantage of being able to make the best disguises in the city and go out trick-or-treating. I saved one child from getting hid by a car, though, so I'd say it was worth it. There were no casualties from the robot attacks, were there?" he asks Raindance. He sounds like he's fairly certain that there weren't, but wants confirmation.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After briefly talking with Shinken (seeing as he did not seem very interested in talking much), Velocity moved on amongst the crowd. She spotted Raindancer, who she had met during the event on Halloween. In a flash she appeared near the group that was talking to him. “Hey Raindancer, good to see you again.†The attractive speedster said, giving the others there a friendly smile.

She looked over at Pseudo as he asked if there had been any casualties during the robot attacks and she replied. “No, only me having to ditch my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend now, twice in the same evening.â€Â

After briefly talking with Shinken (seeing as he did not seem very interested in talking much), Velocity moved on amongst the crowd. She spotted Raindancer, who she had met during the event on Halloween. In a flash she appeared near the group that was talking to him. “Hey Raindancer, good to see you again.†The attractive speedster said, giving the others there a friendly smile.

She looked over at Pseudo as he asked if there had been any casualties during the robot attacks and she replied. “No, only me having to ditch my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend now, twice in the same evening.â€Â

Emissary just keeps up a smile when the spotlight falls on him for a moment, then applauds with the others at the end of the speech.

After a while he notices the cluster that has Raindance and Velocity in it, walking over with a wave and a smile.

"Hello my friends! I am glad for a chance to catch up with you outside of, well, the battle and investigatory work that was just mentioned."

Emissary just keeps up a smile when the spotlight falls on him for a moment, then applauds with the others at the end of the speech.

After a while he notices the cluster that has Raindance and Velocity in it, walking over with a wave and a smile.

"Hello my friends! I am glad for a chance to catch up with you outside of, well, the battle and investigatory work that was just mentioned."

Mark smiled shyly at Velocity.

"It's nice to see you too, Velocity. Oh, and... um... it's Raindance. No R." He turned to listen to Pseudo's comment and Velocity's reply.

"Oh, that sucks. He must have been crazy to stand you up." With that, he evidently realised what he said and couldn't meet her gaze any longer, a flush of red coming to his cheeks that probably didn't have anything to do with the cold.

"Hey Emissary," Raindance said smiling cheerily, evidently glad of the diversion of attention. "It's good to see you too, been a crazy time recently huh?"

"It's nice to see you too, Velocity. Oh, and... um... it's Raindance. No R." He turned to listen to Pseudo's comment and Velocity's reply.

"Oh, that sucks. He must have been crazy to stand you up." With that, he evidently realised what he said and couldn't meet her gaze any longer, a flush of red coming to his cheeks that probably didn't have anything to do with the cold.

"Hey Emissary," Raindance said smiling cheerily, evidently glad of the diversion of attention. "It's good to see you too, been a crazy time recently huh?"

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty was pleased that the "new" heroes were starting to mingle, and that their recent encounters had built some crucial friendships. She had been through enough crises in Freedom City to know how important friendships were when the going got tough.

"Well, guys," she said after the charismatic Velocity arrived and the conversation took off, "I'm going to mingle some more. Enjoy yourselves tonight."

Lady Liberty continued to move through the crowd, greeting the various heroes, but steadily making her way to the back door. All of the young heroes had been invited, and all but one, so far, had arrived. Lady Liberty was starting to worry about Agnes.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty was pleased that the "new" heroes were starting to mingle, and that their recent encounters had built some crucial friendships. She had been through enough crises in Freedom City to know how important friendships were when the going got tough.

"Well, guys," she said after the charismatic Velocity arrived and the conversation took off, "I'm going to mingle some more. Enjoy yourselves tonight."

Lady Liberty continued to move through the crowd, greeting the various heroes, but steadily making her way to the back door. All of the young heroes had been invited, and all but one, so far, had arrived. Lady Liberty was starting to worry about Agnes.

llsmall.jpg

“Oh, sorry, Raindance.†Velocity replied, feeling a bit bad she had messed up his name. She would make sure she did not do that again. “And it wasn’t really him standing me up, more me ditching him, and just some other problems we had. No worries, I’ve moved on, plenty of other guys out there.â€Â

Like Raindance, the young superheroine turned to regard Emissary as he moved over. “Hey Emissary! Good to see you as well, outside of a fight.â€Â

“Thanks Lady Liberty, talk to you later.†Velocity replied with a small wave.

“Oh, sorry, Raindance.†Velocity replied, feeling a bit bad she had messed up his name. She would make sure she did not do that again. “And it wasn’t really him standing me up, more me ditching him, and just some other problems we had. No worries, I’ve moved on, plenty of other guys out there.â€Â

Like Raindance, the young superheroine turned to regard Emissary as he moved over. “Hey Emissary! Good to see you as well, outside of a fight.â€Â

agnes.jpg

Agnes got out of the cab a block from Freedom Hall. She didn't want to get caught up in all the media attention, so Lady Liberty offered to let her sneak in the back door.

The walk to Freedom Hall was short but cold. All of the press were out front, so Agnes had an easy trek across the street and over the well manicured (even for winter) lawn. She had no idea if Freedom Hall even had a back door, or what it would look like. She figured she'd figure it out when she got there.

agnes.jpg

Agnes got out of the cab a block from Freedom Hall. She didn't want to get caught up in all the media attention, so Lady Liberty offered to let her sneak in the back door.

The walk to Freedom Hall was short but cold. All of the press were out front, so Agnes had an easy trek across the street and over the well manicured (even for winter) lawn. She had no idea if Freedom Hall even had a back door, or what it would look like. She figured she'd figure it out when she got there.

agnes.jpg

Gordy looks at the crowd of people who have gathered around the two, now one, seasoned Freedom Leaguers. Everyone is talking about the amazing things they've done with their powers, and all he's done is break some windows in a hospital. And some scope thing or other. Thankfully they weren't charging his parents for that one, just the normal stay. "Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I need to get back on stage. My adoring public awaits. Or at least I like to pretend they do."

High Note makes his way back up to the stage and takes his place at the mic. "This next one is a personal favorite of mine. I think it's appropriate for a room full of heroes, it's all about helping your fellow man. With a quick word to Teke, High Note begins in on U2's Christmas theme 'Do they know it's Christmas?'

Gordy looks at the crowd of people who have gathered around the two, now one, seasoned Freedom Leaguers. Everyone is talking about the amazing things they've done with their powers, and all he's done is break some windows in a hospital. And some scope thing or other. Thankfully they weren't charging his parents for that one, just the normal stay. "Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I need to get back on stage. My adoring public awaits. Or at least I like to pretend they do."

High Note makes his way back up to the stage and takes his place at the mic. "This next one is a personal favorite of mine. I think it's appropriate for a room full of heroes, it's all about helping your fellow man. With a quick word to Teke, High Note begins in on U2's Christmas theme 'Do they know it's Christmas?'