Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

captainthunder-1.jpg

"Agnes? Yes. I have followed-up with her twice. Once at the church where she lives." A note of sadness made it's way into LL's usual cheerful banter. "She's an orphan. And then I invited her here to spend the night and train with the Emissary. It went pretty well, all things considered. She was so scared, I thought she was going to puke. You should watch the video when you get the chance. She's got real potential."

Captain Thunder smiled hopefully. He still felt a little bad about what happened, not that he'd do anything different next time he thought Lady Liberty was in trouble, but he hadn't had a chance yet to apologise to the young lady personally yet. He was hoping to tonight. "I'll make sure I do." He shifts his weight, "It's good to see you Lib," and then in a voice much less intimate to Pseudo, "and you too, old friend." He pats the alien on the back, suddenly awash with good feeling to all. "Well, I guess we'd better mingle, meet some of the new guys." He smiles at his extra-terrestrial buddy, "You owe me a drink later," and then to Lady Liberty, "and you owe me a dance. Merry Christmas guys, we've done good this year." And with that he makes his way into the growing crowd, his cape swishing behind him as he moves.

He makes his way across the floor to a young couple, one of whom has a guitar on his back. He smiles warmly, "Good evening, we haven't met. I'm Captain Thunder, but you can call me Ray - all my enemies do, might as well have my friends do so as well."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordy had just finished running down his song list when he realized some one was approaching. Oh sweet mother, it's Captain Thunder. Ok, don't freak, he's just a person. Smile. Don't stare at him.

He makes his way across the floor to a young couple, one of whom has a guitar on his back. He smiles warmly, "Good evening, we haven't met. I'm Captain Thunder, but you can call me Ray - all my enemies do, might as well have my friends do so as well."

"I'm, er, High Note. My mentor advised me not to tell people my real name, you know, just in case. I mean, I'm sure I can trust you but, well, you- Let me start over. Hi, I'm High Note. Nice to meet you. I'm a big fan. I'll be providing the entertainment tonight, along with my new friend here. Any requests?"

Gordy had just finished running down his song list when he realized some one was approaching. Oh sweet mother, it's Captain Thunder. Ok, don't freak, he's just a person. Smile. Don't stare at him.

"I'm, er, High Note. My mentor advised me not to tell people my real name, you know, just in case. I mean, I'm sure I can trust you but, well, you- Let me start over. Hi, I'm High Note. Nice to meet you. I'm a big fan. I'll be providing the entertainment tonight, along with my new friend here. Any requests?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder's smile broadens, "No, no - secret identities are important. In this world you just never know. It's good to know you, High Note." He hesitates for a moment, contemplating, "You know, I've always had a soft spot for 'We Three Kings'; if you could manage that at some point I'd be grateful. It's my wife's favourite too. No pressure of course." He turns to the young boy with the guitar, "How about you, son? You practiced that thing long?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder's smile broadens, "No, no - secret identities are important. In this world you just never know. It's good to know you, High Note." He hesitates for a moment, contemplating, "You know, I've always had a soft spot for 'We Three Kings'; if you could manage that at some point I'd be grateful. It's my wife's favourite too. No pressure of course." He turns to the young boy with the guitar, "How about you, son? You practiced that thing long?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Gordy laughs a little, then realizes what he's doing and stops. "Well, if it's where you're most at ease, lets get to it. I figured for the first set I would do a few traditional songs. Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas Tree, Rudolph, though personally I hate that one. Get everyone in the Christmas spirit. A little later I was planning on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear. Other then I'll probably be taking requests. I wanted to do a couple songs from A Christmas Carol, but I was told to keep it to songs that people who aren't me would know. It's not like it's my fault I was raised in a theater. But what can you do?" Gordy glances at his watch. "Oh good, it's time. Did you need a warm up? I can stall."

Seth banishes the false modesty out of his face and his voice. It was nothing to be ashamed of. It was something to be proud of. "What Can I Do? There's not a real easy way to say this, and I'm not trying to sound like I'm bragging. I'm what they refer to as a Child Prodigy. I've been playing the Violin since I was two. I play 23 instruments. I can play whatever you want."

Just then Captain Thunder Walks up.

captainthunder-1.jpg

Seth stammers slightly..."Uh...Hi. I"m Ssss....Teke. Captain Thunder, It's an honor, and Can I just wish you a Happy Holiday?, I've been playing Guitar since I was 5. " Seth began to get real nervous, and he knew what would calm him down.

As anyone around him could watch in amazement, His Guitar case floated off his back, frog-hopped him slowly in midair, and the clasps disengaged. A Guitar floated out of noticeably fantastic craftsmanship. Seth Sort of looked around the room for a corner, and once he had found one, his Guitar Case began to sail over the heads of the crowd to rest in said corner.

Seth began to strum his Guitar, launching into an impromptu triplets riff, which was damn impressive even to an untrained ear. He was ready to play, and he said so. "Alright High Note, I'm ready to play."

Gordy laughs a little, then realizes what he's doing and stops. "Well, if it's where you're most at ease, lets get to it. I figured for the first set I would do a few traditional songs. Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas Tree, Rudolph, though personally I hate that one. Get everyone in the Christmas spirit. A little later I was planning on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear. Other then I'll probably be taking requests. I wanted to do a couple songs from A Christmas Carol, but I was told to keep it to songs that people who aren't me would know. It's not like it's my fault I was raised in a theater. But what can you do?" Gordy glances at his watch. "Oh good, it's time. Did you need a warm up? I can stall."

Seth banishes the false modesty out of his face and his voice. It was nothing to be ashamed of. It was something to be proud of. "What Can I Do? There's not a real easy way to say this, and I'm not trying to sound like I'm bragging. I'm what they refer to as a Child Prodigy. I've been playing the Violin since I was two. I play 23 instruments. I can play whatever you want."

captainthunder-1.jpg

Seth stammers slightly..."Uh...Hi. I"m Ssss....Teke. Captain Thunder, It's an honor, and Can I just wish you a Happy Holiday?, I've been playing Guitar since I was 5. " Seth began to get real nervous, and he knew what would calm him down.

As anyone around him could watch in amazement, His Guitar case floated off his back, frog-hopped him slowly in midair, and the clasps disengaged. A Guitar floated out of noticeably fantastic craftsmanship. Seth Sort of looked around the room for a corner, and once he had found one, his Guitar Case began to sail over the heads of the crowd to rest in said corner.

Seth began to strum his Guitar, launching into an impromptu triplets riff, which was damn impressive even to an untrained ear. He was ready to play, and he said so. "Alright High Note, I'm ready to play."

captainthunder-1.jpg

"Excellent. Show me to the stage." Gordy spots the a mic on a slightly raised pedestal and makes a beeline for it, his smile becoming wider, the smile of someone about to do something they love. He veritably leaps on stage and takes the mic, waiting for Teke to join him. He covers the mic with one hand and informs Teke of a slight adjustment to the song list. When they are both in position and ready he launches intointo a beautiful opening number of We Three Kings. This was going to be a good performance.

"Excellent. Show me to the stage." Gordy spots the a mic on a slightly raised pedestal and makes a beeline for it, his smile becoming wider, the smile of someone about to do something they love. He veritably leaps on stage and takes the mic, waiting for Teke to join him. He covers the mic with one hand and informs Teke of a slight adjustment to the song list. When they are both in position and ready he launches intointo a beautiful opening number of We Three Kings. This was going to be a good performance.

After tending to the evening's usual paperwork, Emissary flew over to to the hall, landing out front and pausing to smile and wave politely to such journalists as were there before heading in, a more enthused grin forming as he took in the decorations and the guests who had already arrived.

Even if it seemed as though there were ornate complexities of faith and secularism always swirling around it, he enjoyed his experiences with the holiday season overall. Like that song about that woman named Mandy someone had played for him, it was really just.. pretty.

After tending to the evening's usual paperwork, Emissary flew over to to the hall, landing out front and pausing to smile and wave politely to such journalists as were there before heading in, a more enthused grin forming as he took in the decorations and the guests who had already arrived.

Even if it seemed as though there were ornate complexities of faith and secularism always swirling around it, he enjoyed his experiences with the holiday season overall. Like that song about that woman named Mandy someone had played for him, it was really just.. pretty.

captainthunder-1.jpg

Uh...Hi. I"m Ssss....Teke. Captain Thunder, It's an honor, and Can I just wish you a Happy Holiday?, I've been playing Guitar since I was 5. "

"Thank-you son, I appreciate it." He's honestly impressed by Teke's practice history, his mind briefly recalls picking up the guitar in his mid-teens. Unfortunately, he never really got any good; even then he knew his future rested in the skies, and not on the stage. He admired these youths - seemingly good kids who've spent time perfecting a skill. His smile continues. "I look forward to hearing you play."

He watches as the pair take the stage and listens, thouroughly appreciating the beautiful rendition of his favourite carol. He applauds heartily when the song has finished, looking around the room and seeing that others were enjoying it as well. He spots the Emissary standing towards the doorway and makes his way over to him, "Good evening, Emissary. I'm very glad that you could come. How are you finding out city?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Uh...Hi. I"m Ssss....Teke. Captain Thunder, It's an honor, and Can I just wish you a Happy Holiday?, I've been playing Guitar since I was 5. "

"Thank-you son, I appreciate it." He's honestly impressed by Teke's practice history, his mind briefly recalls picking up the guitar in his mid-teens. Unfortunately, he never really got any good; even then he knew his future rested in the skies, and not on the stage. He admired these youths - seemingly good kids who've spent time perfecting a skill. His smile continues. "I look forward to hearing you play."

He watches as the pair take the stage and listens, thouroughly appreciating the beautiful rendition of his favourite carol. He applauds heartily when the song has finished, looking around the room and seeing that others were enjoying it as well. He spots the Emissary standing towards the doorway and makes his way over to him, "Good evening, Emissary. I'm very glad that you could come. How are you finding out city?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Seth began to play, taking his time, relaxed and in his element. He was capable of playing better than he was, but Seth's Mediocrity was a World Class by everyone else's standards.

Seth followed High Note's lead, content to let the boy warm up the crowd. Seth had written a song for tonight, something he wanted to debut. And getting his feelings of unease out playing ole holiday standards was just fine by him.

"You're very good High Note. I'll play with you anytime. Just do my a favor, Let me sing 'O Holy Night' when we get to it in the play list. It's my favorite. That and 'Angels We have Heard on High"...let me sing those two."

Seth began to play, taking his time, relaxed and in his element. He was capable of playing better than he was, but Seth's Mediocrity was a World Class by everyone else's standards.

Seth followed High Note's lead, content to let the boy warm up the crowd. Seth had written a song for tonight, something he wanted to debut. And getting his feelings of unease out playing ole holiday standards was just fine by him.

"You're very good High Note. I'll play with you anytime. Just do my a favor, Let me sing 'O Holy Night' when we get to it in the play list. It's my favorite. That and 'Angels We have Heard on High"...let me sing those two."

Gordy gives the young guitarist the thumbs up and launches into his next song, Oh Tannenbaum(things just sound better in there native tongue). Finishing up to the polite applause of an appreciative crowd made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even if that was an annoying and old cliche. For the final song of his three piece set, High Note decides on Jingle Bells, a good non denominational celebration of winter in general.

"Thank you, thanks everyone. My name is High Note, I'll be performing old standards for you all night and some newer ones. On the guitar is the very talented Teke. We'll be taking a breather right now to get to know everyone, but we'll be back, and taking your requests. So let me just say Happy Holidays, and on with the party."

Gordy puts the mic down, switching it off, and turns to Teke. "O Holy Night is all yours. I can't get through it without giggling like a school girl. Noting his musical contemporaries confused look, he adds an explanation. "Too much South Park. Cartmen tries to sing the song, but doesn't remember all the words. So every time he messes up in practice, Kyle shocks him with a cattle prod. It's very funny. But if you'll excuse me, I want to get some of that shrimp before they're gone."

Gordy gives the young guitarist the thumbs up and launches into his next song, Oh Tannenbaum(things just sound better in there native tongue). Finishing up to the polite applause of an appreciative crowd made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even if that was an annoying and old cliche. For the final song of his three piece set, High Note decides on Jingle Bells, a good non denominational celebration of winter in general.

"Thank you, thanks everyone. My name is High Note, I'll be performing old standards for you all night and some newer ones. On the guitar is the very talented Teke. We'll be taking a breather right now to get to know everyone, but we'll be back, and taking your requests. So let me just say Happy Holidays, and on with the party."

Gordy puts the mic down, switching it off, and turns to Teke. "O Holy Night is all yours. I can't get through it without giggling like a school girl. Noting his musical contemporaries confused look, he adds an explanation. "Too much South Park. Cartmen tries to sing the song, but doesn't remember all the words. So every time he messes up in practice, Kyle shocks him with a cattle prod. It's very funny. But if you'll excuse me, I want to get some of that shrimp before they're gone."