Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

A ghostly figure floats up through the floor, then solidifies itself into Pseudo's familiar form. He stretches his shoulders back and glances around until he spots Captain Thunder. "Good evening, Ray. Are Nancy and Junior coming tonight as well?"

He gives him an impish grin. "I heard you on your way in. Would you like a few holidays from the Grue Unity, so you can throw them in as well? Granted, most of them translate to something like 'all hail the Meta-Mind', but it's as close the Unity ever got to celebration. Or maybe the Lor Republic... now they know how to party."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A ghostly figure floats up through the floor, then solidifies itself into Pseudo's familiar form. He stretches his shoulders back and glances around until he spots Captain Thunder. "Good evening, Ray. Are Nancy and Junior coming tonight as well?"

He gives him an impish grin. "I heard you on your way in. Would you like a few holidays from the Grue Unity, so you can throw them in as well? Granted, most of them translate to something like 'all hail the Meta-Mind', but it's as close the Unity ever got to celebration. Or maybe the Lor Republic... now they know how to party."

captainthunder-1.jpg

“Hey Captain Thunder. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.â€Â

Captain Thunder smiles like a proud uncle at the young superhero, "Thank-you, Velocity. I'm glad you could make it and Merry Christmas to you. Please enjoy yourself - our league is your league." He looks up at Lady Liberty and smiles again - this time not like a proud uncle. He nods, "Liberty."

"Good evening, Ray. Are Nancy and Junior coming tonight as well?"

Captain Thunder slaps Pseudo on the back and laughs, heartily, "Hey, don't think I forget that time we crashed that Lor celebration out by the Cantarthi Drift - sure it was an accident, but I'm not sorry it happened." He laughs again, this time sharing a private joke between honest friends. "But, no, Nancy won't be joining us tonight. It's been a hard week and she's looking forward to some rest. Thank-you for asking." Captain Thunder turns back to Lady Liberty, "Any word on that youing woman I, er... I was trying to save you from?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder smiles like a proud uncle at the young superhero, "Thank-you, Velocity. I'm glad you could make it and Merry Christmas to you. Please enjoy yourself - our league is your league." He looks up at Lady Liberty and smiles again - this time not like a proud uncle. He nods, "Liberty."

Captain Thunder slaps Pseudo on the back and laughs, heartily, "Hey, don't think I forget that time we crashed that Lor celebration out by the Cantarthi Drift - sure it was an accident, but I'm not sorry it happened." He laughs again, this time sharing a private joke between honest friends. "But, no, Nancy won't be joining us tonight. It's been a hard week and she's looking forward to some rest. Thank-you for asking." Captain Thunder turns back to Lady Liberty, "Any word on that youing woman I, er... I was trying to save you from?"

captainthunder-1.jpg

Seth made his way into the Christmas party, feeling a great unease. He hadn't really been invited, per say. His initial forays into Super-ing had been less than stellar.

But he looked up to these people. In his heart of hearts he wanted to be a superhero, and so he made his way in. He hoped he would enjoy himself, but partying wasn't exactly his first priority. He wanted to hob-knob. He wanted to pick brains. He wanted to settle on a code-name. Teke just wasn't cutting it.

So he made his way through the press in his "costume", which consisted of an Grey Sweater with an Argyle pattern down the middle, Blue Jeans, a long black duster, and a simple black Masquerade mask from one of his Mother's photo shoots. He had a very indie vibe in his Chucks, and the closer he got to this hallowed hall, the more under-dressed he felt. At least he had his Guitar on his back [in it's case of course]

Please Don't Vomit He thought to himself.

Making his way inside, he was immediately greeted by the warmth and decorations. His spirits started to brighten, and as he looked around, it was quite a turnout. And then he saw her. Velocity. He had a major hunch about her. A major crush on her. If she was "her". Quick, Look Calm he said, freaking out. He gravitated towards the food, and sampled some Shrimp Cocktail. He decided that he hated Tarter Sauce.

Seth made his way into the Christmas party, feeling a great unease. He hadn't really been invited, per say. His initial forays into Super-ing had been less than stellar.

But he looked up to these people. In his heart of hearts he wanted to be a superhero, and so he made his way in. He hoped he would enjoy himself, but partying wasn't exactly his first priority. He wanted to hob-knob. He wanted to pick brains. He wanted to settle on a code-name. Teke just wasn't cutting it.

So he made his way through the press in his "costume", which consisted of an Grey Sweater with an Argyle pattern down the middle, Blue Jeans, a long black duster, and a simple black Masquerade mask from one of his Mother's photo shoots. He had a very indie vibe in his Chucks, and the closer he got to this hallowed hall, the more under-dressed he felt. At least he had his Guitar on his back [in it's case of course]

Making his way inside, he was immediately greeted by the warmth and decorations. His spirits started to brighten, and as he looked around, it was quite a turnout. And then he saw her. Velocity. He had a major hunch about her. A major crush on her. If she was "her". Quick, Look Calm he said, freaking out. He gravitated towards the food, and sampled some Shrimp Cocktail. He decided that he hated Tarter Sauce.

Gordy plastered his hair down with way to much gel one last time, breathing nervously. He wasn't usually one to be concerned about his looks, but when Mr. Summers, or as he like to call him, Mr. Poe, asked him to sing for the Freedom League Christmas party, well he started making a little more effort. After all, you only get one first impression, and this was the Freedom League. This made Beaudrie look like a street corner. He just wished he could go in the front entrance with all the movers and shakers, but Mr. Summers had asked him to use the back door and he wasn't going to complain too much. After slipping in the back and finding his way to the party Gordy looked around at all the people assembled. There was Captain Thunder, the man himself. And Lady Liberty. And a couple of people he didn't recognize, but that's what the elbow rubbing later would be for. The young man checks his watch. Almost time to go on. First, some vocal warm-ups. Darting into a bathroom, the location pointed out to him by a very helpful waiter, Gordy stands in front of the mirror and begins to sing his scale. Grimacing at his reflection, he also takes the opportunity to comb some of the gel out of his hair. Better. Not perfect, but better. Exiting the bathroom and stepping back into the party area, Gordy spots a man with a guitar on his back. He walks up to him and extends a hand. "Hi, I'm Gor-er, High Note. You my accompaniment?"

Gordy plastered his hair down with way to much gel one last time, breathing nervously. He wasn't usually one to be concerned about his looks, but when Mr. Summers, or as he like to call him, Mr. Poe, asked him to sing for the Freedom League Christmas party, well he started making a little more effort. After all, you only get one first impression, and this was the Freedom League. This made Beaudrie look like a street corner. He just wished he could go in the front entrance with all the movers and shakers, but Mr. Summers had asked him to use the back door and he wasn't going to complain too much. After slipping in the back and finding his way to the party Gordy looked around at all the people assembled. There was Captain Thunder, the man himself. And Lady Liberty. And a couple of people he didn't recognize, but that's what the elbow rubbing later would be for. The young man checks his watch. Almost time to go on. First, some vocal warm-ups. Darting into a bathroom, the location pointed out to him by a very helpful waiter, Gordy stands in front of the mirror and begins to sing his scale. Grimacing at his reflection, he also takes the opportunity to comb some of the gel out of his hair. Better. Not perfect, but better. Exiting the bathroom and stepping back into the party area, Gordy spots a man with a guitar on his back. He walks up to him and extends a hand. "Hi, I'm Gor-er, High Note. You my accompaniment?"

"Hi, I'm Gor-er, High Note. You my accompaniment?"

Seth is momentarily taken aback. "I'm....Teke. Accompaniment?" Oh the guitar. Right. "At this point, I'm strictly a solo affair.But, I wanna start a band some day. So are you singing at this party? I just brought my Guitar, well, because people like it when i play, and I like to play for people. It's when I'm most at ease. And Well, Look around you. These people are gods."

Seth realizes he's babbling. "Sure, I'm your accompaniment."

Seth is momentarily taken aback. "I'm....Teke. Accompaniment?" Oh the guitar. Right. "At this point, I'm strictly a solo affair.But, I wanna start a band some day. So are you singing at this party? I just brought my Guitar, well, because people like it when i play, and I like to play for people. It's when I'm most at ease. And Well, Look around you. These people are gods."

llsmall.jpg

“I brought some chocolates.†She then added, holding out the box she was carrying. “Would've brought some wine or champagne, but…well, underage and all that. And my parents were totally not buying that I needed it for a Christmas Party that adults would be at.â€Â

"Ooooh, chocolate!" Lady Liberty exclaimed with exaggerated enthusiasm. She took the box of candy. "I'll put these on the table with the other goodies. Enjoy the party!"

As Lady Liberty walked through the crowd, she passed by Pseudo as he was just arriving.

"Hey, Pseudo. Merry . . . um . . . holiday." She smiled a mischievous grin.

Captain Thunder turns back to Lady Liberty, "Any word on that young woman I, er... I was trying to save you from?"

"Agnes? Yes. I have followed-up with her twice. Once at the church where she lives." A note of sadness made it's way into LL's usual cheerful banter. "She's an orphan. And then I invited her here to spend the night and train with the Emissary. It went pretty well, all things considered. She was so scared, I thought she was going to puke. You should watch the video when you get the chance. She's got real potential."

llsmall.jpg

“I brought some chocolates.†She then added, holding out the box she was carrying. “Would've brought some wine or champagne, but…well, underage and all that. And my parents were totally not buying that I needed it for a Christmas Party that adults would be at.â€Â

"Ooooh, chocolate!" Lady Liberty exclaimed with exaggerated enthusiasm. She took the box of candy. "I'll put these on the table with the other goodies. Enjoy the party!"

As Lady Liberty walked through the crowd, she passed by Pseudo as he was just arriving.

Captain Thunder turns back to Lady Liberty, "Any word on that young woman I, er... I was trying to save you from?"

"Agnes? Yes. I have followed-up with her twice. Once at the church where she lives." A note of sadness made it's way into LL's usual cheerful banter. "She's an orphan. And then I invited her here to spend the night and train with the Emissary. It went pretty well, all things considered. She was so scared, I thought she was going to puke. You should watch the video when you get the chance. She's got real potential."

llsmall.jpg

Gordy laughs a little, then realizes what he's doing and stops. "Well, if it's where you're most at ease, lets get to it. I figured for the first set I would do a few traditional songs. Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas Tree, Rudolph, though personally I hate that one. Get everyone in the Christmas spirit. A little later I was planning on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear. Other then I'll probably be taking requests. I wanted to do a couple songs from A Christmas Carol, but I was told to keep it to songs that people who aren't me would know. It's not like it's my fault I was raised in a theater. But what can you do?" Gordy glances at his watch. "Oh good, it's time. Did you need a warm up? I can stall."

Gordy laughs a little, then realizes what he's doing and stops. "Well, if it's where you're most at ease, lets get to it. I figured for the first set I would do a few traditional songs. Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas Tree, Rudolph, though personally I hate that one. Get everyone in the Christmas spirit. A little later I was planning on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Oh Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear. Other then I'll probably be taking requests. I wanted to do a couple songs from A Christmas Carol, but I was told to keep it to songs that people who aren't me would know. It's not like it's my fault I was raised in a theater. But what can you do?" Gordy glances at his watch. "Oh good, it's time. Did you need a warm up? I can stall."

“Thanks, I’m sure I will. Talk with you later.†Velocity said to Lady Liberty as she took the chocolates to put with the other snacks. The young heroine looked around at the decorations inside Freedom Hall, it had not been that long ago that she had been here helping when there were robotic monsters appearing around the city during Halloween.

Several other heroes were making their way into the party now, and she spotted one that she knew, having met him at a party hosted by the Midnight Society her father had invited him to. With a blur of movement, she came over to stop in front of Shinken as he made his way inside.

“Hi there.†She said with a smile. “I’m Velocity.â€Â

“Thanks, I’m sure I will. Talk with you later.†Velocity said to Lady Liberty as she took the chocolates to put with the other snacks. The young heroine looked around at the decorations inside Freedom Hall, it had not been that long ago that she had been here helping when there were robotic monsters appearing around the city during Halloween.

Several other heroes were making their way into the party now, and she spotted one that she knew, having met him at a party hosted by the Midnight Society her father had invited him to. With a blur of movement, she came over to stop in front of Shinken as he made his way inside.

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder smiled hopefully. He still felt a little bad about what happened, not that he'd do anything different next time he thought Lady Liberty was in trouble, but he hadn't had a chance yet to apologise to the young lady personally yet. He was hoping to tonight. "I'll make sure I do." He shifts his weight, "It's good to see you Lib," and then in a voice much less intimate to Pseudo, "and you too, old friend." He pats the alien on the back, suddenly awash with good feeling to all. "Well, I guess we'd better mingle, meet some of the new guys." He smiles at his extra-terrestrial buddy, "You owe me a drink later," and then to Lady Liberty, "and you owe me a dance. Merry Christmas guys, we've done good this year." And with that he makes his way into the growing crowd, his cape swishing behind him as he moves.

He makes his way across the floor to a young couple, one of whom has a guitar on his back. He smiles warmly, "Good evening, we haven't met. I'm Captain Thunder, but you can call me Ray - all my enemies do, might as well have my friends do so as well."

captainthunder-1.jpg

Captain Thunder smiled hopefully. He still felt a little bad about what happened, not that he'd do anything different next time he thought Lady Liberty was in trouble, but he hadn't had a chance yet to apologise to the young lady personally yet. He was hoping to tonight. "I'll make sure I do." He shifts his weight, "It's good to see you Lib," and then in a voice much less intimate to Pseudo, "and you too, old friend." He pats the alien on the back, suddenly awash with good feeling to all. "Well, I guess we'd better mingle, meet some of the new guys." He smiles at his extra-terrestrial buddy, "You owe me a drink later," and then to Lady Liberty, "and you owe me a dance. Merry Christmas guys, we've done good this year." And with that he makes his way into the growing crowd, his cape swishing behind him as he moves.

He makes his way across the floor to a young couple, one of whom has a guitar on his back. He smiles warmly, "Good evening, we haven't met. I'm Captain Thunder, but you can call me Ray - all my enemies do, might as well have my friends do so as well."