Merry Christmas from the Freedom League!

Barnum

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty was still on her way out of the grand meeting hall when her communicator beeped. She had set it beep if the motion detectors picked up Agnes' approach. She hurried out of the meeting hall, through the main corridor, past the security doors, and down the rear hall to the fire exit. She opened the door gently, trying not to startle the excitable girl.

"Hey, Agnes. I'm glad you made it."

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty was still on her way out of the grand meeting hall when her communicator beeped. She had set it beep if the motion detectors picked up Agnes' approach. She hurried out of the meeting hall, through the main corridor, past the security doors, and down the rear hall to the fire exit. She opened the door gently, trying not to startle the excitable girl.

llsmall.jpg

Like Raindance, the young superheroine turned to regard Emissary as he moved over. “Hey Emissary! Good to see you as well, outside of a fight.â€Â

"The days go well with the two of you I hope? Have you recieved the admittedly a little odd sounding variety of gifts associated with your twelve days of Christmas?"

Like Raindance, the young superheroine turned to regard Emissary as he moved over. “Hey Emissary! Good to see you as well, outside of a fight.â€Â

"The days go well with the two of you I hope? Have you recieved the admittedly a little odd sounding variety of gifts associated with your twelve days of Christmas?"

Velocity chuckled at Emissary's comment about the gifts for the twelve days of Christmas. "No one actually gives those gifts to anyone Emissary. Though there are financial companies that price how much it would cost to do so, I believe the current cost would be about $16,000, or, if you duplicate the previous days gifts each following day, as suggested in the song, the price is somewhere around $73,000."

Velocity chuckled at Emissary's comment about the gifts for the twelve days of Christmas. "No one actually gives those gifts to anyone Emissary. Though there are financial companies that price how much it would cost to do so, I believe the current cost would be about $16,000, or, if you duplicate the previous days gifts each following day, as suggested in the song, the price is somewhere around $73,000."

"Sure, they look that way in the pictures, but what you have to have to remember is that 22 turtledoves eat a lot, and after they're done eating, well..." Pseudo shrugs as he walks over to the group. "It gets even worse with the 30 French hens and the dozen partridges. Still, I could use the 40 golden rings," he says with a smile. From behind his back, 3 more sets of arms come out, and all of the fingers waggle before he puts the arms behind his back (and presumably back into his body).

"Sure, they look that way in the pictures, but what you have to have to remember is that 22 turtledoves eat a lot, and after they're done eating, well..." Pseudo shrugs as he walks over to the group. "It gets even worse with the 30 French hens and the dozen partridges. Still, I could use the 40 golden rings," he says with a smile. From behind his back, 3 more sets of arms come out, and all of the fingers waggle before he puts the arms behind his back (and presumably back into his body).

Velocity smiled. “I believe the companies that calculate the prices estimate the cost of hiring actors to fill the roll of the Lord’s a Leaping. Interestingly enough, the Ladies Dancing comes out to be the most expensive gift, as the average cost for professional dancers that are priced is the highest single cost.â€Â

She then laughed as Pseudo talked about the troubled the pets would be, and then the need for 40 golden rings, producing enough hands and fingers for them all.

Velocity smiled. “I believe the companies that calculate the prices estimate the cost of hiring actors to fill the roll of the Lord’s a Leaping. Interestingly enough, the Ladies Dancing comes out to be the most expensive gift, as the average cost for professional dancers that are priced is the highest single cost.â€Â

She then laughed as Pseudo talked about the troubled the pets would be, and then the need for 40 golden rings, producing enough hands and fingers for them all.

"Hello," she said, trying to sound cheerful. "Thank you for inviting me. This is such an honor." It was an honor to be sure, but at that moment Agnes would have rather been just about anywhere else. With a forced smile, she followed Lady Liberty inside Freedom Hall to meet the other heroes gathered for the annual event.

"Hello," she said, trying to sound cheerful. "Thank you for inviting me. This is such an honor." It was an honor to be sure, but at that moment Agnes would have rather been just about anywhere else. With a forced smile, she followed Lady Liberty inside Freedom Hall to meet the other heroes gathered for the annual event.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty led Agnes back into the main hall where the party was still going strong. She took her by the hand and pulled her through the crowd. Lady Liberty was moving deliberately toward a particular goal, and she wanted to get there before Agnes realized her intent. After a few deft negotiations through the crowd, Lady Liberty came up right behind Captain Thunder. She tapped him on the shoulder.

"Captain, this is Agnes. Agnes, this is Captain Thunder. I know you've technically met before . . . " Lady Liberty laughed that point, hoping to lighten the mood. "But I thought it might be nice to have a formal introduction."

Lady Liberty let go of Agnes hand and put her arm around her shoulders, pulling her up beside her and right in front of the imposing Captain Thunder.

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty led Agnes back into the main hall where the party was still going strong. She took her by the hand and pulled her through the crowd. Lady Liberty was moving deliberately toward a particular goal, and she wanted to get there before Agnes realized her intent. After a few deft negotiations through the crowd, Lady Liberty came up right behind Captain Thunder. She tapped him on the shoulder.

"Captain, this is Agnes. Agnes, this is Captain Thunder. I know you've technically met before . . . " Lady Liberty laughed that point, hoping to lighten the mood. "But I thought it might be nice to have a formal introduction."

Lady Liberty let go of Agnes hand and put her arm around her shoulders, pulling her up beside her and right in front of the imposing Captain Thunder.

llsmall.jpg

Seth made his way on over to mingle with some of the sidekicks and the kids from Claremont.

Good conversation was had by all. But then it was time to introduce himself to Lady Liberty and Pseudo, and Seth started to falter in his party confidence.

"I'm Teke, although that name isn't by any means set in stone. I'm leaning towards Telekline actually. I know who both of you are. And let my say, It's an honor to meet you both."