Y2K Bug (IC)

MBCE

Zealot

Zealot looked around and concentrated on the maze tracks before him. It didn't take him long to unravel the maze and notice that it all led back towards the center of the mall.

Zealot moved after the trail until he could just make out the center information booth. The trail ended there. At the information booth, one of the heroes from the second floor was talking to the two women there. Sparks flew out of the intercom system while one of the women was making an announcement.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomer

Boomer changed the pulsing of his lights and the power washed over the gremlins. It wasn't long before the lights effected the creatures and they began the cooing again. As those in sight cooed, it caught the attention of others. All twnety of the creatures were soon within his grasp.

The cooing brought out more that he hadn't seen earlier. They were soon under his emotional control, raising the total of gremlins present to fifty. The creatures all began moving to be closer to the flying lights, cooing their happiness.

Boomer couldn't believe how many there were. Slowly he edged his way to the store exit, all the while keeping his emotional light show going. 'I hope those to heroes are still there, and that one of them will be able to deal with this lot before they scatter again...' Boomer thought to himself.

After he have finish what he should do, he looking around the area as he slowly walking around. Even he got people to leave the mall, that are still some people left in this mall and the gremlins is still causing problems. He wondering why that are so many of them in the same place and he suspect that they must have a master or a leader who leading all of them to the same place to cause chaos. If he could find the leader, he could end all those chaos. But question is where is the leader or master hiding somewhere?

Zealot cursed under his breath. Of course he'd have to run into one of these acerebral do-gooders. Murphy's Law demanded appeasement. Attempting to remain undetected, Zealot moved closer, attempting to ascertain through his senses if one of the two women, or the hero, were the source of these creatures, or if perhaps the remnants of a gateway was to be seen. Possibly the summoner had merely gated these creatures in and bolted, but if Zealot knew magic users, and he felt he did, they love to gloat and preen at their own handiwork, and so he hedged his bets. Remaining in the shadows, he let his magical senses open up to the surrounding area of the kiosk.

Ah, this is a plus -- our newfound ally is not a mindless mass of muscle!

Which means he understood our promise for lunch, and will remember it, and we'll be stuck with a huge lunch bill!

"Oh, you cannot be giving up so soon, little von!," the Doktor continued to taunt the one remaining gremlin, "now ou und you alone can get al dis tasty tech! Just von short hop up!"

"Ja, I am fine, for now," he replied to Atlas, "dough I plan to stay dat vay by staying vell out of deir reach!"

"Works for me!" Atlas pulled back his fist to hit the little blighter into next week, but then suddenly stopped. Instead he swiped at the creature, and scooped it up in his massive hand, holding it fast, but not squishing it out of existence. Atlas then held the thing up close to his face, as it squirmed futilely against Atlas' vice of a grip. "Any idea what these things are Doc?" He held it so Doc could get a closer look at the thing but not so the creature could escape.

Boomer

Boomer began to move slowly out of the store. Just as he hoped, the gremlins began to follow after him. They moved slightly sluggishly but eagerly after the light slow.

People, having been warned to leave the mall, tried to give as much space to the light show and legion of gremlin followers. Boomer could see near the middle of the mall the two heroes from before.

Leon Mighty and Zealot

Leon looked about but didn't see anything that could be controlling the creatures. Most of the people that he sees are moving quickly out of the mall in large groups.

The large movement of people out of the mall only helped Zealot's concealment form the hero and the women working in th small booth. He sensed no magic coming from neither the women or the muscled man. Instead, the traces of magic were coming from the booth itself. Getting closer to the booth would allow him to pinpoint the exact location. However, getting closer would mean detection by the muscled man.

Atlas and Doktor Archeville

Atlas moves quickly and grabs one of the two remaining gremlins on the walkway. The large man easily manages to pin the creature in his hands. He lifted the creature up so that the floating Doktor could see the creature better.

All the attention on the one creature left the last one on the walkway free. It looked up at the floating technology, spittle dripping from its mouth. Unable to resist its base instincts, it raced up Atlas, using the large man as a base. It leaped at Archeville, but the distance was just too great. Archeville managed to lift slightly higher and the creature soared out into the air. It disappeared once it hit the ground.

Coming form the Gadgets R' Us store, Archeville can see a light form moving with a train of gremlins in its wake.

Zealot cursed under his breath. The last thing he needed was a confrontation with one of the so called heroes. Still, his need to eradicate the source of the magical intrusion was paramount. Making a decision, Zealot stood up, no longer trying to hide himself, walking towards the booth, a scowl upon his face as he all but ignored the woman and the man standing there.

Leon look little surprised when a costumed man just showing himself and heading for the booth. He think that he saw him before while he is sneaking around the mall. He don't think that man is not the master of the gremlins because he don't have any gremlins that followed him or that he tried to hide himself.

"Excuse... I don't know who you are but why are you heading for the booth?" He asked him while he looked little suspected at him but don't show any threat.

Zealot looked the raggedly dressed man over. Definitely one of the so called heroes of this infested city. Zealot kept an unfriendly look on his face and didn't slow his progress.

"I suggest you stay out of my way, and though my business is my own, what I'm doing is tracking the source of these wretched constructs. It seems that the booth is the source, or atleast the origin, of how the fiends got into this mall. If you wish a surcease to these attacks on the pathetic populace of this mall I suggest you ask no more questions and no longer hinder my progress... Or so help me God I will flay the skin from your bones and make you beg for death!" Zealot ended his threat with an icy glare and the unfurling of his scourge at his hip, the weapon's many barbed tails crackling with red hateful energy.

Zealot moved passed the man, who was now in his mind not even there anymore, having thwarted the man's attempts at heroic bravado. Zealot inspected the booth closely, looking for signs of a portal, anything to see a cause or way to end this invasion by little annoying abominations. While taking his time to analyze the booth, Zealot swished Witchbreaker casually in his hands, much as a tiger swishes his tail.

Leon Mighty and Zealot

Leon saw the impressive armored man approach the booth and something about the way he moved, the look in his eyes, reached deep into the strong man's heart. A small amount of fear reached his heart causing sweat to bead upon his head.

Zealot continued moving towards the booth, aware that his presence had the proper effect upon the shirtless hero. Once there, he began to look about, following his magical senses to find the source of the problem.

It doesn't take him long to see that all the magical energy was coming from what looked like a small mail slot within the booth. The slot was marked for comments and suggestions from customers.

Zealot peered at the mail box quizzically, Strange, he thought.

Zealot turned to the woman with the hero, pointing at her demandingly. "You. Do you have a key for this box?" The gesture and Zealot's demeanor probably come off as threatening as he glowers at her, and obvious look of repugnance on his face for having to converse with someone he considered below his notice.

Atlas & Dr. Archeville

Finally, a chance to study one of these beasts!

Hey, I don't want to get any closer to it, or that big red ape!

"Hold it steady, please," the Doktor said as he gave a quick visual examination of the gremlin in Atlas's hands, "vhile I run a few scans."

Archeville adjusted his Electromagnetic Screwdriver until it turned into something that looked like a small telescope, which he held up to one eye. The scanner was a type of x-ray viewer, able to peel back layers to look at musculature, circulatory systems, organs, and skeletal structure.

"Innnteresting... a remarkably basic system of organs... solid bone structure... oh, now dat is something... some very interesting structures in de brain... but I see no 'self destruct' systems, nothing to explain vhy dey 'pop' vhen met mit sufficient force. I vill need something more."

He removed the scanner from his eye and adjusted it again; at one point a long needle sprouted from one end. "Continue to hold it steady, please, vhile I retrieve a blood sample."

To an outsider, this had to look like a very weird scenario. Atlas had his face screwed up in concentration, with his tongue stuck between his teeth. Apparently holding onto the little bugger while not crushing it out of existence was rather hard to do with "ham hands". "Just vork fast, da?"

Leon Mighty and Zealot

The staff worker jumped slightly at Zealot's request. She took a moment to glance at Leon for any signs of what she should do, but the fear in his stance was clear. She quickly nodded her head and proceeded to produce a set of keys. Not wanting to get anywhere near the armored man, she tossed the key ring towards Zealot.

"It's the small one," she said as she inched away from the box and closer to her companion.

Zealot easily caught the keys and fitted the small key into the box. Inside, with his magical senses he could see an envelope partially buried under loose paper.

Atlas & Dr. Archeville

The small creature continued to struggle in Atlas' strong grip but the struggling stopped when it noticed Archeville moving towards it. Its gaze focused upon the strange device that the good Doktor had produced and saliva dripped from its mouth as the needle came closer and closer.

As soon as the needle touched its skin, the creature smiled and it unleashed its power.

Zealot hissed out a breath and gingerly removed the envelope, examining it's outter visage before opening it. He could simply destroy the envelope, or nullify whatever power it was giving off, but Zealot needed to know the why of these creatures as well as the source. Finding out the why would help lead him to a better understanding of this type of magic, as well as help find the tainted freak that started this mess and ruined his shopping experience.

Right, lets get that blood sample!

Be gentle, no need to traumatize the poor thing!

"Hold it... just need to find a-"

Archeville was about to say "vein" when the tip of the needle from the Electromagnetic Screwdriver touched the gremlin's skin, allowing the gremlin's power to course through the wondrous gadget with full effect. In a flash the wondrous wand-like widget was a smoking pile of metal scraps, cracked lenses, fused crystals and melted plastics!

@%!

AHHH!

A string of German expletives flowed from Archeville's lips as he shot straight up in the air towards the mall skylight, far from the gremlin in Atlas' hands.

Zealot and Leon Mighty

Zealot opens the envelop and looks inside only to see a dark void of magical energy. Studying the opened envelope and the void of magical energy, distracted him as a sudden stream of magical power poured through the rift.

Gremlins in the hundreds formed around the two heroes and work station. The two women screamed as the dark magical energy poured from the open envelope only to form the green skinned creatures. The creatures struck out at various targets in sight. Their claws ripped into the workstation exposing the wiring within. A few struck out at Leon but the fighter evaded the majority of the blows. A few struck out at Zealot but the armored mage killer managed to keep his wits to avoid their attacks. He could see the results of their touch as they struck the work station. The stand seemed to crumple with ease under their hands.

All the while, the magical energy kept pouring out the envelop, causing more gremlins to form in the mall. Zealot's understanding of magic let him know that the envelop was a regulator of how much magical energy could be released. As long as it was opened, there was no way to stem the flow of energy.

"Cursed beasts! Cursed witches! Cursed blundering do-gooders!" Zealot spat inflammatory remakrs as he spun around avoiding the claws around him. Rather than stopping these shenanigans he'd only continued them so far, and as such vented his rage by cursing everything he'd come in contact with for the last few minutes. Zealot quickly closed the envelope, attempting to stem the tide of gremlins around them as he stuck his scourge against the ground, sending out a burst of red energy to nullify the magics surrounding him.