Y2K Bug (OOC)

MBCE

You'll get about 5 gremlins in that blast, but you'll be hitting bystanders as well. As the effect is targeted, there is no reflex save given to reduce the damage. The bystanders are considered minions as well. Let's say you hit about 2 bystanders in the blast as well.

The bystanders, sound reasonable?

EDIT: You get a lot more than 5 in that blast! Took me a moment to remember that it was a radius effect. You also hit a lot more than 2 bystanders as well. You catch 20 of the gremlins in that blast and 10 bystanders.

Alright sounds good to me

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zealot

You do realize you're in a book store, right? There's no stalls to hide in. He could move behind a display and change, though there's a good chance people saw the blast he did.

EDIT: I'll assume you dashed behind a display to change and move you on.

Zealot

You do realize you're in a book store, right? There's no stalls to hide in. He could move behind a display and change, though there's a good chance people saw the blast he did.

EDIT: I'll assume you dashed behind a display to change and move you on.

I had moved into the restroom to change and there were gremlins in there back on like page 3 remember?

I had moved into the restroom to change and there were gremlins in there back on like page 3 remember?

:oops: D'uoh! You're right. Man I feel stupid. Okay, no people were present to get blasted. I've edited the last post I made for you, taking out the bystanders. If you could redo your last post, I'll continue the story.

Sorry about that. :oops:

Taking 10 on notice checks to find these little buggers. Also going to search for the source of where these little suckers come from (be it a random flux or an actual summoner).

Got a 19 on my search check. Not very good there.

Edit: I could probably track their magical signal since I have the tracking super sense along with detect magic, tell me if that seems applicable.

How far away is the Light/cable/old woman from boomer for reference?

At normal speed, with people in the way, Boomer can reach it with a double move and an

Acrobatics DC 15 check [No taking ten on the roll.]

Flying, is of course within one move action, no Acrobatics check required.

EVERYONE

Okay. To make things easier to understand.

Boomer can see to the midway area. He can see both Leon and barely Samael.

Zealot, who is on the opposite side from Boomer, can see both Samael and Leon.

The light fixture is between Samael and Leon. [Think of this as the center point.]

So we have the following set up:

Boomer-------Leon---Light fixture---Samael---------Zealot

I hope that helps.

Leon can reach the light fixture with a move action and an Acrobatics check of 15 [which he can make Auto, no roll needed.]

Status

Leon -- 1 HP

Boomer -- 2 HP

Dr. Archvielle -- 4 HP

Atlas -- 2 HP

Zealot -- 1 VP

1)Gremlins are all minions.

2)DEF +4 (Elusive Target), Toughness +2 [Protection 3],F+2, R+2, W+3 [Fearless]

Okay so Boomer Burnt a HP to Stunt

Teleport (Feats: Easy, Progressive mass 1 (+ pounds) Turnabout, Flaws: Short range)

The TP Rank and the mass can be adjusted to what ever is needed, This is off his Attack array.

I'm not sure if an Attack was needed to grab her so I did it anyway

Attack +10 = 11

:| Not very heroic... HP spent to re-roll

Attack +19 = 23

Okay so Boomer Burnt a HP to Stunt

The TP Rank and the mass can be adjusted to what ever is needed, This is off his Attack array.

I'm not sure if an Attack was needed to grab her so I did it anyway

Attack +10 = 11

:| Not very heroic... HP spent to re-roll

Attack +19 = 23

Okay. The stunt works. You get an HP back for the stunt as well, so Boomer now has 1HP

Still room for Doc? He could be at the 3rd floor food court, grabbing a bite to eat when everything started, thus explaining his lateness to the party.

Yup. Still room. I saved you a spot. :D

Third floor food court, sounds good.

I'll get a post out starting you off soon.

Taking 10 on stealth, notice, and survival checks to track down the source of the gremlins.

This makes my notice modifier: 25

Stealth: 30

Survival: 20

Taking ten isn't going to work on following the trail to its source. There as just too many of the little buggers all about.

Also, keep in mind that your stealth check will keep the other heroes from seeing you, but not the bystanders in your area. The mall has plenty of people around that would noticed an armored man walking about. They may not think much of him, but they do notice him.

EVERYONE

To give a better idea of the mall, There are 3 levels. Clothing is on the first floor. All of our original PCs are on the second floor. Doc is on the third floor where the food court is the main feature. A few of the stores reach the third level though.

The center area of the second and third floors are open to allow visitors to see down to the bottom floor. various walkways cross over to the eastern and western walkway. There are three sets of escalators: North-end (bookstore area), center (sports store), and south end (Gadgets R' Us).

Doc is presently at the center escalator looking down at Samael.

Samael can see Boomer and Leon.

Zealot has moved out of sight of everyone on the 2nd floor.

Boomer can still see Leon but lost sight of Samael once the light fixture fell.

Initiative will be handed by order of posting. So first person posts, they act first in the round. I will reset the rounds here in the OOC thread, even though I will be posting in the IC thread after I see posts.

Status

Leon -- 1 HP

Boomer -- 1 HP

Dr. Archeville -- 4 HP

Atlas -- 2 HP

Zealot -- 1 VP

1)Gremlins are all minions.

2)DEF +4 (Elusive Target), Toughness +2 [Protection 3],F+2, R+2, W+3 [Fearless]

And we're officially on the clock. 130 rounds from now, Atlas will need to take a serious nap. Unless MBCE says otherwise, I'll be using the "old" version of Atlas, so no Dynamic Array, and he has a grand total of Leaping 4.

Which is the old version? I only have access to the one that you're linked to in your sig line.

"Old" version meaning before the latest updates.

The last update did the following:

:arrow: Moved 2 points of enhanced strength outside of the Form, which doesn't matter at this point.

:arrow: Turned Leaping 3 into a Dynamic AP of Super-Strength.

:arrow: Added the Healing AP.

Otherwise, old and new Atlas are identical.

Taking ten isn't going to work on following the trail to its source. There as just too many of the little buggers all about.

Also, keep in mind that your stealth check will keep the other heroes from seeing you, but not the bystanders in your area. The mall has plenty of people around that would noticed an armored man walking about. They may not think much of him, but they do notice him.

Alright then, let's try a roll for it: got a 23, not really any better there

Understand that peeps can see me just fine, no problems there.

Gonna take 10 on striking one of the gremlins near me, just to keep things interesting.

Gremlin got a 14 on toughness, he's out.

Also gonna move towards the nearest fire alarm. Plan is to set it off to try and get the norms out of the mall. Not cuz Zealot cares about them, but because they are in his way of destroying these buggers.

Edit: New plan to stunt my scourge next round. Altering the Nullify to effect a larger area. Let's see, gonna make it: Nullify 8 (All Magic Powers At Once) (Flaw: Touch Range, Full Round Action) (Extra: Targeted Burst Area) (PF: Progression 10) This should, hopefully, banish all the creatures and hopefully bring to light where the summoner (if there is one) hiding.

I'm not sure you can do a Targeted Area with that much Progression (Rank 8 Burst Area effect w/ Progression 10 = 80,000 foot [15 miles] radius), since you wouldn't be able to see all viable targets in it, and thus wouldn't be able to see who to strike & who not to.

(Not to mention how uncomfortable the idea of a PC being able to do something that affects almost the entire city in one go makes me ;) )

And why's he bothering with a Targeted Area Burst rather than a General Area? Are there magic-users he wouldn't want to Nullify?