Y2K Bug (OOC)

MBCE

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrosion has Affects Objects in it already. Corrosion is Drain Toughness (Extra: Affects Objects) + Linked Strike.

Devices have a Toughness of 10 + Rank, so I guess his Gadget would, too. Gadget 1 = Toughness 11.

Since we've house ruled that Constructs get a Reflex save to resist Fortitude save effect with the Affects Objects extra, can Doc get a Reflex save to fight off the Drain Toughness part of the Corrosion (jerking it away as he just sees something nasty happen)? If so, Doc has... 21, so the Drain part doesn't work.

Toughness save vs. the DC 23 Damage part of Corrosion is... 15, which fails by 8. That's an "injury," and an “injured” object is damaged and suffers the normal –1 penalty per condition further Toughness saves. So it's Toughness is now effectively +10.

Corrosion has Affects Objects in it already. Corrosion is Drain Toughness (Extra: Affects Objects) + Linked Strike.

Devices have a Toughness of 10 + Rank, so I guess his Gadget would, too. Gadget 1 = Toughness 11.

Since we've house ruled that Constructs get a Reflex save to resist Fortitude save effect with the Affects Objects extra, can Doc get a Reflex save to fight off the Drain Toughness part of the Corrosion (jerking it away as he just sees something nasty happen)? If so, Doc has... 21, so the Drain part doesn't work.

Toughness save vs. the DC 23 Damage part of Corrosion is... 15, which fails by 8. That's an "injury," and an “injured†object is damaged and suffers the normal –1 penalty per condition further Toughness saves. So it's Toughness is now effectively +10.

I don't think so. as the gadget is a device and not a construct. And the would be 11 toughness (gadget 1 and basic 10) - 8 for a toughness of +3 vs DC 23 or toughness +11 vs DC 32 (Normal DC 23 +8 from the object losing the toughness right away not DC 23.) That means with your roll of a 15 (Toughness +11 and +4) you fail by 17 rendering the device inoperable for the rest of the adventure.

If the above is incorrect, let me know. But the toughness save is done form the adjusted score.

Okay, Zealot's gonna inspect the envelope and then open it to see what's inside, unless he senses some sort of trap (which wouldn't be particularly possible without some more feats on his supersenses). I could I suppose make a knowledge: Arcane Lore check to see if anything I've heard about triggers a better understanding of these creatures and their link to the envelope. I'll roll one just in case, but if it's not relevant just ignore it.

got a 19

Seeing as how that wouldn't be able to tell me if dragons were magical, I'll use a vp to re-roll

got a 14 with the +10 for re-roll making it 24, not that much better, but worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Okies, power stunting my device to get a burst nullify effect.

It'll be bascially this: Nullify 10 (All magic powers at once) [Flaw]

Hopefully that will nullify the magical constructs as well as the powers the envelope is giving off, if closing it completely didn't do the trick.

Using what? Extra effort or a VP?

EDIT: Found the totals which shows Zealot out of VPs so it'll have to be extra effort.

Status

Leon -- 1 HP

Boomer -- 1 HP

Dr. Archeville -- 4 HP

Atlas -- 2 HP 129 rnds left

Zealot -- 1 VP (used for magic check)

1)Gremlins are all minions.

2)DEF +4 (Elusive Target), Toughness +2 [Protection 3],F+2, R+2, W+3 [Fearless]

• 2 weeks later...