On This The Day Of My Daughters Debut [IC]

angrydurf

"Thank you," Angel said for the compliment of her dancing skills, "You're quite the dancer yourself. My parents run some of the major import and export businesses here in Freedom City. You pretty much can't send or receive anything exotic without going through them."

Angel blushed at the second compliment. James was definitely getting brownie points for smoothness. Though Ace Danger is gay? She could of sworn she saw him with that girl a few weeks ago. Maybe he sings both ways. Maybe it's a cover up. Who knows? It made him more intriguing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Truth is always easy." He nodded slightly. "I've had a few lessons myself obviously." With one hand around her waist and the other holding her hand, they moved easily among the dancers, their two bodies pleasantly close together. Despite the enjoyable distraction, he translated the comment about her parent's work to 'big smugglers' given the connection the family throwing this little shindig.

"So, what do you like to do, when not representing your family at events like this?"

The young Prophet seemed to be handling himself well enough no need to pry further in Aces opinion. She was harmless and cute and not connected enough to really cause a problem if it ended poorly so Ace felt his duties to the Prophet clan were well taken care of.

As the dance drew to a close he approached some of hte closer friends of the host and began making descrete inquiries about the presence of Mr. Jack Farretti.

"I know Ace is your friend," Jack murmured to Taylor, casting his eyes around the room. "But he's nosy. Nosy isn't something I can appreciate; in a friend or in anything else. My life isn't any of his business." He gave Taylor a thin little smile. "But I would much rather dance. It's not often I get to go out with a beautiful woman on my arm these days." He offered her his as they headed for the dance floor. "Do you know this one? I think it's from our salad days."

She listened to his explanation. At least, she had long ago given up on Jack getting along with most of her friends. Her family thought highly of him and the Knights did but outside those circles, any meeting seemed rife with conflict.

"Green in judgement, cold in blood," she mused aloud with a grin that dimpled her cheeks. Taylor stepped gracefully into the circle of his arms as she explained in a husky voice, "Shakespeare's Cleopatra. It's where the phrase came from originally. A little after most of the moldy texts I study, though, and thus I don't know the rest of the stanza."

She'd never win a competition, but she followed his lead with a decent amount of grace. Taylor certainly never stepped on his toes, or had to count the steps aloud, but she didn't have the polish that came from classes like many of the teenagers here had obviously had.

"Oh just the usual," Angel snickered, "racing fast cars, climbing tall buildings and base jumping off of them, and occasionally going out and getting into a fight." She sighed blissfully, he wouldn't believe it. "So, what do you do when you're not going to social events like these?"

He spun her around before bringing their bodies close once more. He continued the dance onward as this particular song neared it's finish. "I occasionally race cars for fun. Base jumping and and all that, I've done on occasion. It's fun but not quite as thrilling when there's you know you'll be ok." He gave a wry smile. "Fights can be fun though. I indulge, or maybe get drawn in, to those one occasion. Fun times. Beyond that, I go to clubs, parties and whatnot. Look for fun and trouble in equal measure I suppose. I generally do whatever I can to have a good time. Not much for boredom."

After performing quite so well, it was a bit of a shock when she nearly mis-stepped coming dangerously close to one of Jack's feet. Taylor tilted her head to the side with a look on her face that Jack was probably coming to dread on their dates. It was the 'something is setting off my magic sense and I can't tell what it is' face. It wasn't as if she could just break out one of her detection spells in the middle of the ballroom. That was less than subtle. Worse, even in heels, she wasn't tall enough to even see over the couples right around them on the dance floor.

"I think it might be that way," she eventually murmered to him, once she'd managed to recover, nodding in the direction Angel and James were dancing in. "Probably."

Angel took the sudden spin gracefully and with a flourish. "Really? You've become that blase with it already?" She liked him, but he seemed like he would be a joykill when the fun came. "You're a fighter, huh," she snickered, "Maybe one day I'll have to see what you're like." She nodded, "Yeah, clubs are fun, you meet the most interesting people in clubs. Especially in Freedom City. And yes, boredom is death." She whispered, "Maybe later on we can sneak away and not be bored?"

He grinned. "Well, it's still fun, don't get me wrong. But sometimes, that risk makes things a little more spicey you know? Makes it better. Still fun without it, but just not quite the same when the adrenaline isn't pumping hard. Fights are better for that. More chance and risk involved. Good fun." He chuckled. "My dear, I'm 100% certain that in a case of pure martial skill and training, you'd lick me good. A not unpleasant prospect actually," he said with smirk. He returned the whisper, though unconcerned about being overheard. "Whenever, wherever."

Taylor closed her eyes, trusting that Jack wouldn't steer her into someone as she tried to figure out what was causing the chill on the back of her neck, finally she opened her eyes to nod a striking couple, both of whom looked a little younger than her actual age. Of course, looks could always be deceiving.

"Something's weird over there but I can't tell you more without breaking out some actual magic," she murmered under her breath with a nod at the couple Jack had manuevered them closer to, "Do you know either of them?"

Angel was completely oblivious to the couple getting closer. She had her eye on James, as he was most intriguing at the moment. She nodded as he explained himself on the spice of the moment "True, though I like to live everyday as my last. There's nothing I haven't tried once, and if there is, well I'd like to try it." She chuckled at his acknowledgement of skill, "Maybe that's something you need to do? Learn some style. It definitely beats licking." She winked at him when he set the place for whatever time. When the festivities died down they both would have something to do.

He gave a wry smile. "Oh, I agree entirely. I do the very same thing." For James, he'd known for a couple years now that each day could be his last. As soon as his dad came calling, if James couldn't fight him off or escape, it would be his last. It was one of the reasons he did try to enjoy everything as much as he possibly could. "Oh, I don't know a bout that. A good licking...definitely hard to beat that," he chuckled, smiling. "Just because I've not trained in a particular style, I'm far from defenseless. I know a few things that help make everything work out." The double means of this conversation definitely was entertaining on more than one level.

Angel could see where James's mind was at. She didn't mind where it was either, but that would definitely change her plans for the evening. She could see the papers in the morning. 'Heiress and Legacy Hero disappear into the night after soiree'. The gossip would take a few weeks to die down. Then again, why should she live scared of what a few gossip columnists said? This was her life and she was going to live it.

Watching the couple get closer, Angel's voice got a bit quieter. She thought for a second and then and then smiled, "I could teach you a style. It makes you really flexible and energetic. Then again, you could teach me that lick style too."

James smiled, dipping her along with the music. "We'll have to see which is better. After ample practice with both of course," he said bringing her back up and spinning her along with the beat. As she spun back to him, her back to his front, holding her close, "We can go find a spot to practice now, or wait until your obligations here are over. Depending on how much time you can handle practicing or if you think we can handle more than one practice session this evening," He whispered into her ear as the music for this particular dance ended. He held her hand as she turned and left his embrace. "Thank you for the dance. Shall we do another, or do you have something else in mind. Work or otherwise," he said with a charming grin.

"I have no idea who they are," Jack confessed. "They look like kids, both of them. We could talk to them later...or Ace might know," he admitted reluctantly. "In fact, I'm sure he does. Ace Danger seems to know everybody." His mouth worked a little. "If you want to go talk to him, I can keep an eye on them. It's not like they're going to see me."

Taylor looked at the other couple dubiously. It was the quickest route to finding out the answer but...

"Well, you might want to engage them in some sort of conversation unless you want to be an uncomfortable voyeur to some secretive hook up in a broom closet." She murmered as she brushed a quick kiss against his cheek, "Unless I drastically misread the interplay. I'll have a quick chat with Ace and come find you."

With that, she slipped her way through the crowd. At least Ace was always easy to find. It was working the way through the circle around him that would prove difficult.

Ace was holding court over a bevy of trophy wives while thier mafioso husbands paid homage to the Boss in the back room. It took Taylor awhile to find her way through the sea of bleach blonde hair and silicon 'enhancements'.

"... So there I was," He said to the pretty, and remarable for her mostly original equipment, young lady hanging on his arm, "Surrounded by these canibal underdwellers, the rest of my team no where to be found." The plot of episode 78 'Ace Danger and the Canibals from Below' certainly seemed to be a hit especially straight fromt eh source such as it was. However much to disaproving sniffs from the assembled fans Ace stopped short upon spotting Taylor, "Appologies ladies," He said with a bow, "It seems Mr. Farretti has lost his date." He offered Taylor a wink, "I guess I'll have to see her safely returned." From the looks from the assemblage it was clear no one suspected her to be returned fully 'intact', of course his tone did nothing to dissuade that assumption. He did however have the grace to acknowledge her only as Jack Farrettis date rather than besmirch her actual name.

Jack was briefly at a loss for how to cut his way into this situation before ultimately settling on the natural way. If Taylor thought he needed to get the couple's attention and make sure they didn't go anywhere, well, there was only one obvious way to do that. "Pardon me," he said, appearing smoothly by James and Angel's side, "I couldn't help but notice the most beautiful woman in the room." He took Angel's hand and said warmly, "Mi corazon, will you do me the honor of a dance most...divine?" His smile was warm, his eyes magnetic as his hand smoothly went for hers.

Taylor gave Ace a faint and long suffering sigh at his unceasing innuendo. She threaded her arm through his and all but dragged him back the way she'd came. Fortunately, Ace was much to suave to ever be dragged anywhere so their pace accross the ballroom looked much more effortless than it might have otherwise.

"I need you to tell me who a few of these guests are." Taylor began as the crowd parted naturally in time to see Jack lead Angel onto the dance floor. Taylor narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend as he flashed the girl his most charming smile. That hadn't been quite what she meant by 'engage' them. Taylor's voice was flat although fortunately for everyone it wasn't Phantom's echoing boom. "Let's start with her."

Ace smiled down at Taylor with an ammused smile, "You know most woman can't pull it off but jelousy looks good on you." He with an admiring eye. Turning his attention to the dance floor Ace took in the scene quickly, "Its probably just business, you needn't worry, Ms. Marks parents run a lucrative Import/Export business, I'm sure a man of Jacks, lets say broad, business intrests has plenty of legitimate reasons for wanting to get to know her better." He said still smiling, "though if you preffer to make a mistake in a fit of pique I am available."

His half smile was full of promise as he spoke and his eyes fixed on hers awaiting her answer. Of course in Aces opinion there were few ideas better than sabotageing her relationship with Jack, and his expresssion made it clear it would certainly be an enjoyable way to get even, if overkill give the truth of the situation.

James looked over at the man with a raised eyebrow. He looked the man over as he interrupted. Unfortunately, the man was rather rather difficult to get a read on. James looked around for the man's date, surprisingly with Ace Danger, and noticed the angry glare pointed their way. That certainly wasn't hard to interpret. James gave a wry smile. "Really? And with your date staring daggers at the back of your head. Seems rather...catty don't you think? And perhaps just a bit disloyal?"

Angel smiled politely at the handsome new man and curtsied. She leaned over to James and whispered, "There are certain things that must be done in these situations. Just don't forget our rendezvous after the show. I'll be waiting by the valet." She winked to James then turned to Jack.

"It would be a pleasure," Angel said taking Jack's hand for the next dance.

Taylor switched her frown to Ace, and made a tsking noise at him. "Very pretty words, Ace, but empty nonetheless. I'm well aware that angry or not, I'm no one to turn heads. I like to think that I make up for it with a sterling wit and a nice right cross. I'd rather you answer my question than tweak my nose over Jack."

She inclined her head to him, her voice dropping to a husky murmer that would hopefully be lost to anyone but Ace, "My sixth sense is nagging at me but I don't know these people. You do. I think its either that young woman or her previous dance partner."