Miscellaneous Web-Based LOLs

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm poking fun less at your lack of interest in the show, which if fair enough, and more at your need to make that disinterest explicitly known. The proverbial call of 'no pony', as it were. And I wanted to link to John de Lancie!Pony dancing the dinosaur. Lighten up.

A little something for the WoW enthusiasts, courtesy of CollegeHumor.

The original:

yVA-xTBeHyM

The parody:

EY-Ios-tUC8

I can't get over what a terrible rapper Kanye West is. It's bad enough when he's laying down a bridge for some pop starlet, but it's really jarring when he's alongside even a halfway decent MC. I've always thought that Jay Z was a bit overrated, but Kanye is just awful. I don't know why white people love him so much. Alderwitch says it's because his choppy, clumsy rhymes appeal to the innate Caucasian lack of rhthym.

Also he doesn't trigger the SBM reflex. Much like Will smith and Wayne Brady ;)

But he clearly wants to so very, very badly. That's the real tragedy. He wants so desperately to be seen as a scary badass, but instead he just winds up looking like a slightly unhinged horse's ass.

Oh there's no doubt he's terrible, but without him we wouldn't have things like this.

aKzVS5F3dJM

And for some digs at Kanye go to about 4:15. For thoughts on the song in general, the review starts at about 3:25 for this song. Cooincidentally, I find Todd in the Shadows to be one of the better reviewers on TGWTG, but YMMV as usual.

gYCg8qxNBpY

• 2 weeks later...

I liked NationStates at first, but it got old when I realized that it was basically the Golden Mean Fallacy as an MMO. Some of the side-effects of your policy decisions get very ridiculous, very fast, because the devs felt the need to enforce BALANCE in every direction.

I liked NationStates at first, but it got old when I realized that it was basically the Golden Mean Fallacy as an MMO. Some of the side-effects of your policy decisions get very ridiculous, very fast, because the devs felt the need to enforce BALANCE in every direction.

That was my big complaint back in the day, too. I'm trying it out for a couple of weeks. If it's too balance-y, I'll probably go to the other game.

Honestly, I don't know whether to recommend Cyber Nations or not, because I don't know the state of the politics anymore. I left at a time when all the bloc were very centralised, but I'm told that's no longer the case.

However, in mechanics terms, I'd class it as an actual game, whereas Nation States is a good forum RP with a terrible "game" attached.

Honestly, I don't know whether to recommend Cyber Nations or not, because I don't know the state of the politics anymore. I left at a time when all the bloc were very centralised, but I'm told that's no longer the case.

However, in mechanics terms, I'd class it as an actual game, whereas Nation States is a good forum RP with a terrible "game" attached.

Heh. I might fiddle with both for a bit. I have gotten slammed with requests in Nation States to join this alliance or that.

I wouldn't exactly call this LOLz, but it might be an interesting resource for some of our magic-using characters. NBC ordered a pilot from Ron Moore (yes, the Battlestar Galactica guy) called 17th Precinct, a cop procedural set in a world where magic took the place of technology. It was not picked up, and, like most pilots of geek interest that were not picked up by their respective networks, it got leaked. I'm only a few minutes in, but it's got both some interesting alternate world stuff and some good visuals for magic.

Oh there's no doubt he's terrible, but without him we wouldn't have things like this.

aKzVS5F3dJM

And for some digs at Kanye go to about 4:15. For thoughts on the song in general, the review starts at about 3:25 for this song. Cooincidentally, I find Todd in the Shadows to be one of the better reviewers on TGWTG, but YMMV as usual.

gYCg8qxNBpY

Damn, Drake. :facepalm: Kanye came dangerously close to not being the most terrible rapper in a song for once. Just...just stop, OK? Please?

I can see why Drake would want Eminem on his track. I'm sure the downloads and pageviews skyrocketed past where they would have been otherwise, and that's worth getting thorougly shown up. But I don't understand how Kanye benefits from getting so thoroughly owned like that. What was he thinking, showing his face in the same ROOM as a hip-hop juggernaut like Eminem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...