Miscellaneous Web-Based LOLs

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Damn... that is one extensive collection of fictional 'bots.

Robby the Robot from FORBIDDEN PLANET; what's-her-name the robot maid from THE JETSONS; Twiki from the Glen Larson-produced BUCK ROGERS series; K-9 and a Dalek from DR. WHO; the Tin Woodman and Tik-Tok the Copper Man from the Oz books; a Cylon warrior and the robot 'daggit' from the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA; The Robot from LOST IN SPACE; Bender from FUTURAMA; Gort from the original DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL film; Eve and a floor-cleaning 'bot from WALL-E; Dot Matrix from SPACEBALLS; some characters from the film ROBOTS; a robot butler from SLEEPER; two of the service droids from SILENT RUNNING; a robot cop from THX-1138; H.E.R.B.I.E. from the most recent FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon series...

Damn.

I've always had a soft spot for artists whose work pokes fun at its very target audience, like Mike Judge (Beavis & Butthead) or Type O-Negative. Lately, the Internet has seen another surge in comedy about the poor logic skills and underlying misogyny behind those "Nice Guy" losers who can't escape "The Friend Zone" despite the fact that the gates aren't locked.

CkoMbxHQmuM

This one's surprisingly catchy.

-H57zcozi7k

In the same vein, there's always this old favorite, and, of course, the main database.

And in the interests of fairness, there are indeed certain parties who are aware of this phenomenon, and do indeed seek to exploit it for both a self-esteem boost and for material profit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3s4Czla6tXc

To The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)", here's the cast and crew special for the end of David Tennant's tenure as the Doctor.

giaMRyn47Xg

A video from David Tennant, Catherine Tate and John Barrowman to thank Russell T. Davies and Julie Gardner for their excellent work on Doctor Who.

kt3qZYUPi2Y

What is this I don't even

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am most like Twilight Sparkle

I'm a bit surprised at my Rarity and Rainbow Dash levels (expected them to be lower) and Fluttershy rating (expected that to be higher), but the Applejack and Pinkie Pie readings seem spot-on, as does the overall placement into Twilight Sparkle's camp. But as our resident Brony points out, there's more to Rarity than being a Fashionista, she's a perfectionist who gets hung up on details (and is generous with her resources when it comes to helping others), so that fits.