Alternate Save and Area

Sandman XI

Probability Control (Extras: Area/Burst [General, Attached], Duration/Continuous, Jinx; Flaws: Duration/Permanent, Jinx Only; Power Feat: Subtle)

This is to simulate an "aura" of bad luck. That said, Reflex doesn't seem like the correct thing for it. So would Alternate Save for the Area be allowed?

There isn't really a way for the reflex save to be removed from AOEs, even the perception AOE still allows for a reflex.

Might be better to structure it as an aura with extended range since I believe auras are autohit if you are in "contact" and the extended range would expand what contact means.

I see no reason why you couldn't apply the "Alternate Save (+0)" extra to this effect and change the Reflex save for the Area to something else. Since Jinx is a Will effect, I think Will would be the most appropriate. So a Will Save to reduce it to half, then another Will Save against the Jinx itself.

Assuming you're allowed to change the Area save to something other than Reflex, I'm not sure of the Evasion feat applies anymore. I know Defensive Roll's seldom-used alternate function wouldn't apply.