Immunity to Tech

Look at the other broad examples for clarification. Immunity to all physical damage is 40 points. Immunity to all energy damage is 40 points. Immunity to saves are 30 points each. And you want to buy an immunity that will make you immune to about 25% of all physical and energy damage, and Fort, Reflex, and Will saves in our game. I think 40 points is extremely generous..

As otehrs have pointed out, immunity would have to be directed directly at my villain to have any effect at all, and I am fine with that. But even still, your 40 point quote above would include what tech? All of it? Or only 20th century? Or Super-tech? That point has not really been clarified yet.

If you wanted it to be a "natural ability" that works all the time (even if you were stunned or unconscious) with no chance of "missing" an effect, it would be:

Nullify 10 (All technological effects, 2 PPs/rank) [Extras] = 51 PPs.

*Personal means that it only nullifies the effects with respect to you (like immunity).

You would still have to make an opposed check to nullify effects that were greater than 10 ranks. That's expensive, and in some ways it doesn't work as well as the Immunity you want. That should tell you something.

I really do not agree with the power build above, as I think uncontrolled should be added in, dropping it down to 40 points, as I do not think you can normally drop immunities, though I could be wrong.

But anyway, it looks like Immunity Tech would not be accepted anyway, so I'll rethink my villain a bit.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the other broad examples for clarification. Immunity to all physical damage is 40 points. Immunity to all energy damage is 40 points. Immunity to saves are 30 points each. And you want to buy an immunity that will make you immune to about 25% of all physical and energy damage, and Fort, Reflex, and Will saves in our game. I think 40 points is extremely generous..

As otehrs have pointed out, immunity would have to be directed directly at my villain to have any effect at all, and I am fine with that. But even still, your 40 point quote above would include what tech? All of it? Or only 20th century? Or Super-tech? That point has not really been clarified yet.

If you wanted it to be a "natural ability" that works all the time (even if you were stunned or unconscious) with no chance of "missing" an effect, it would be:

Nullify 10 (All technological effects, 2 PPs/rank) [Extras] = 51 PPs.

*Personal means that it only nullifies the effects with respect to you (like immunity).

You would still have to make an opposed check to nullify effects that were greater than 10 ranks. That's expensive, and in some ways it doesn't work as well as the Immunity you want. That should tell you something.

I really do not agree with the power build above, as I think uncontrolled should be added in, dropping it down to 40 points, as I do not think you can normally drop immunities, though I could be wrong.

But anyway, it looks like Immunity Tech would not be accepted anyway, so I'll rethink my villain a bit.

What you describe isn't exactly Uncontrolled, because that means that the ST determines when and how it activates. Yours is more like a Permanent flaw, though the way Nullify's duration works, it wouldn't be applied to the power. But even if you consider "Can't be turned off" to be a -1 flaw, which I think I would for this power, No Saving Throw is a +2 extra, so it'd still be 51 pp.

What you describe isn't exactly Uncontrolled, because that means that the ST determines when and how it activates. Yours is more like a Permanent flaw, though the way Nullify's duration works, it wouldn't be applied to the power. But even if you consider "Can't be turned off" to be a -1 flaw, which I think I would for this power, No Saving Throw is a +2 extra, so it'd still be 51 pp.

We were going with the No Saving Throw thing as only being applied towards objects...like cameras and cars and such, not to say...an evil death ray.

We were going with the No Saving Throw thing as only being applied towards objects...like cameras and cars and such, not to say...an evil death ray.