Bad Habit

quotemyname

Just when Stinger thinks she’s in the clear, the hero boy sudden rushes towards her and sends another sonic wave through the air. Though hampered by her back pain, she manages to roll aside at the last moment so that the force of the attack barely grazes her.

Although she just wants to leave, the boy doesn’t seem willing to let her go. Angered by the boy’s relentlessness, she scowls and raises her hands back towards him as if to retaliate, but she sees the sudden wave of force rushing towards her, flipping cars and trashing most everything in its path.

She cries out, "Oh, crap!" and quickly ducks behind a car adjacent to her.

Breakdown's head was wracked with pain. Keep it together man! But by sheer force of will he managed to shake it clear. He quickly switched playlists for something more suited to a fight.

"You stay out of this! It's not you're fight!"

"Trashed and scattered again, I'm feelin' so low

You waste breath while @#$%in' with me, my blood is so cold

My destinations always are known, I'll find my way there

but God**** ******@#$%ers always wasting my time!"

The music flowed through him. It got him back into the fight. He put on a burst of speed like he didn't know was possible. He rapidly closed the distance between himself in the girl. "This really is nothing personal." he said as he happened upon where she was taking cover, "But I gotta take you down."

He threw a kick at her head, hoping that it would connect and hoping that it would take her down.

Looking back at where the new threat was standing. He could only prepare himself for the worst. "This is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you..."

Mervyl's smile from seeing the boy get knocked to the ground faded when he saw the same boy get up and kick the girl he was trying to protect...

"You just don't get it, do you..." Mervyl's eyes narrowed. "The Shadow Acadamy looks after it's own!"

The streak of Ionized air fired with the power, spedd, and accuracy of a rail gun. In short, the car a few feet behind and to the right of Breakdown was flipped over. Mervyl was very careful not to hit Stinger.

"You abused her enough. Enough to warrent me to take off the kid gloves. Last chance... back off."

He began walking towards Breakdown, with no intent of stopping...

The seemingly relentless hero boy is suddenly upon Stinger again, despite her best efforts to flee the conflict, but he doesn’t catch her off guard.

When his powerful kick comes at her head, the nimble girl turns away and flexes back to pull her face away from his oncoming kick. While his foot still manages to make contact with her cheek, his shoe slides across her skin and it only cause a minor abrasion.

The ailing teen has had enough of the hero attacking her. She shouts, "All right, Jerk-Face!" and then exclaims, "Mess with a wasp; get stung!"

Before she can recover her balance, she points both hands out at him and lets loose a barrage of energy bursts at him.

*FOOM!* The car exploded next to breakdown. "Woh!" He yelled at the guy who sent the energy blast at him. "Quit blowin stuff up! And what the hell's the Shadow Acade--OOF!" Breakdown yelped as Stinger's needled punched into his stomach. They had connected easily because he hadn't been paying attention. Lucky he was able towithstand the damage, though.

"Alright! That's it! I've had it with you!" Breakdown quickly switched over to another iPod.

"Yo, I got that hit that beat the block

You can get that bass overload

I got that rock and roll

That future flow

That digital spit

Next level visual shit

I got that boom boom pow

How the beat bang, boom boom pow"

"Take this!" Breakdown cranked the bass on his ipod and sent the sonic waves outward. They created a blast that shattered what was left of the exploded car's windows. They also slammed right into Stinger!

"I like that boom boom pow

Them chickens jackin' my style

They tryna copy my swagger

I'm on that next shit now

I'm so 3008

You so 2000 and late

I got that boom, boom, boom

That future boom, boom, boom

Let me get it now"

Mervyl was getting sloppy, and his sloppiness was leading to Stinger landing into more peril. This has to end. Now.

Mervyl wordlessly rose both hands and in a concerted effort, fired an even bigger beam,concentrating intensely on keeping it straight and true. Aiming it right at Breakdown's chest...

Stinger tries to put some distance between herself and the other combatants.

Using the distraction of her energy pulse attack, she tries to beat feet away from the persistent teen hero (and, really, the other guy too). Unfortunately, the hero boy will have none of that and sends a blast of sound at her.

Despite being hampered by her back injury, she manages to avoid the worst of the loud noise, but she doesn’t get her ears covered up in time to avoid it entirely. She gets an ear-full of sound that deafens her to the world.

While the hero may have deprived her of the ability to hear any sounds around her for the moment, he didn’t hamper her ability to continue on hobbling further away. She holds her ears as she tries to distance herself from the fight.

"Hey! Come back here, yo--AHH!!!" The blast hit Breakdown square in the chest as he turned to take off after the girl once more.

Stinger was minding her own business just trying to run away from the dancing hero...when he suddenly flew right over her head!

Breakdown sailed all the way to the end of the block! He came to a sharp grinding stop when he hit the ground. The blast left him completely disoriented. It was the best he could do to simply remain conscious. He wasn't out of the fight yet, though. He tried to struggle to his hands and knees.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas? Get out of here! I'll hold him off..."

Mervyl concentrated, turning momentarily to spot the car he passed earier. With an outstreached arm, he lifted it... feeling the heft of it upon his mind and spine... the tingle flowing through his body as he exerted the magnetic particles necesary. "Don't gawk at me! GO!"

And Mervyl swung the car towards the struggling teenager who dared to piss him off. Mervyl then prepared to make a break for it...

How ironic. This whole thing started with a car... and it could potentially end by it as well...

Still deaf from the loud burst of sound, Stinger doesn’t hear the teen hero’s protest, but she is surprised when he suddenly flies past her.

For a moment, she thinks he’s leaping in front of her to cut off her escape and attack her again, but then she seems him go splat. She looks back over her shoulder just long enough to see the other boy shouting something at her. Not that she can hear it over the ringing in her ears, but it doesn’t really matter since she intends to beat feet regardless of what he is saying.

She looks just long enough to see the car beginning to rise before she turns away from them both and gets moving again. She hobbles along as best she can.

Although she can’t hear it, she does feel the force of the car’s impact carry through the ground. She focuses past the pain and hobbles faster to get around the corner of a fence and get out of sight.

Just as she gets out of sight, the ringer starts to fade and her hearing begins to return. She has no idea how the conflict is going, but she really doesn't care as long as she's no longer part of it.

Mervyl's turned his head in time to see stinger run off. This will definitely win points with the Headmistress... but more importantly, he had a better grasp as to what she was capable of. Still, one thing left to do...

Mervyl took out his handcuffs and with his powers clasped them onto Breakdown, twisting them to the nearby lamppost. This won't hold him long whwn he wake up, but better safe then sorry.

"You've been measured, weighed, and found wanting." Mervyl replaced his shades on his face and replaced his hood. "See me again when you're worthy..."

Mervyl turned and walked away. He took the bus back.

Stinger doesn’t stop after she rounds the corner fence to get out of sight, but she does slow down as the adrenaline rush is replaced by the now familiar pain from her back.

She first concentrates on gaining distance from the area where the car theft went wrong and then on eluding any would-be pursuers.

After a while she finally makes her way into a dirty alley, near a fire escape. She leaps up onto it, wincing from the pain, and proceeds to climb up to the top. She leaps up the rest of the way onto the roof and hobbles across it to where a brown cardboard box labeled 'UPS' lies underneath an overhang that protects it from the elements.

Inside the box are a pillow, a blanket, a few articles of worn clothing, a few cans of food, a bottle of purple nail polish, some purple lip gloss, a small bottle of cheap perfume, a worn plushie of a pink elephant, and a few nick-knacks.

She crawls inside the box, flips down the flap, and curls up with her blanket, pillow, and plushie elephant to rest and recover. As she lies there in the partial darkness, she thinks about the foiled theft and comments, "Poop."