A Friendly Luncheon [IC]

angrydurf

"Well I'm not really trying to hide anythign so I go out in pretty normal dress." Ace explained, "I do have an old jacket, a gift from an old friend, with a radio in the collar that i preffer for practical and sentimentla reasons, and the hat," He gestured ant the slightly rumpled fedora sitting on the end of the table, "I like the look of it, but its not precisely a costume."

He smiled at Stesha curiously, "So you know Avenger as well? I've never had the opportunity, bit of a recluse as these things go." Ace shrugged, "Not that I've put much effort in, Scarabs playing nursemaid to that whole bunch I figure she must see something in the nutjob."

At her obvious distaste it was possible this was Jacks alter-ego but no use counting on answers partially given when full explanations could be obtained.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stesha blinked and regrouped, obviously surprised by the realization that Ace didn't know as much as she'd thought about this one particular matter. "Well, yeah," she said hesitantly, then paused. She wasn't sure what the etiquette was on hero-to-hero discussion of who was behind a given mask, but Ace was her friend, and he was trustworthy. Besides, it wasn't as though Jack had given her any special reason to keep his secrets for him. "That's Jack, when he's in costume. I guess maybe he couldn't afford anything better. I don't know what he actually does for a living."

Ace nodded sagely, "I had my suspicions on that front to be honest, but its always handy to know these things, particularly given the proclivities of both personas." So Jack was Avenger, it made abit more sense than Arrowhawk but Ace never was one to take the easy answer for granted. From what he knew of Avenger he was a really little more than a vigillantte thug with delusions of granduer. He'd certainly done his part for the city though despite some occasionally questionable methods.

"Well he can certainly afford to upgrade now." Ace said off handedly, "He's recently gained controlling intrests in several holding companies and buisnesses around Freedom."

Stesha pursed her lips, looking a little skeptical of that idea. "Not that it's a bad idea in general, but I'd really rather not go shopping with him," she told Ace. "Being over and done with him is one thing, but I don't really want to spend any more time with him than I have to. Maybe he can start doing the three-piece suit heroing now that he's wealthy. It's kind of weird, though," she admitted. "What would he be doing taking over companies?"

"I'm not entirely certain to be honest." Said Ace with a shrug, "I only put the two things together last night when we all met up and haven't had a chance to look more indepth into his dealings."

From his tone it was however clear that this was not going to be overlooked for long.

"I don't have any idea," Stesha admitted, "but it'd be good if we could find out. If he's doing anything shady, it's probably important to know about it. Especially for Taylor, but any of us could get in trouble if he gets caught doing something." She folded up her napkin and set it where her plate had been sitting. "You'll let me know when you find anything about Moira, won't you?" she asked one more time.

"You'll be the first to know." Ace said with a littel smile. "One thing to keep in mind while she may be being held against her will she's not gong to be harmed." It was true after a fashion, certainly there was a precident of olympian myth that said long term stays could become permanent but Stesha had enought to worry about and they were working as fast as they could.

"You're right about Jack this does bear investigation." He had a mischevious glint in his eye there were few things that pleased the immortal adventurer like a project.

Stesha felt a little bit awkward at just getting up and going, but it seemed like lunch was done, and a quick glance at her watch revealed that the afternoon could easily get away from her. Despite Ace's suggestion of a bubble bath, she had more than enough to keep her busy at the shop, even without any time off. She picked up her purse, a universal "I'm ready to go" signal. "I really appreciate that," she told him. "And thank you for inviting me out. I feel a lot better than I did."