Hercules - PL 10 PC hero - Golentan

Hi, I'm back (as if anyone remembers me). I'd like to start with a fresh slate with a bit more experience under my belt now, and so submit to you: Hercules (as in the beetle, not the greek myth) as a new hero. I've tried to be a bit more careful with this guy, please let me know any problems you see up front before I start doing something I can't by RAW. I'm a bit worried because earlier I summed him to 150 exactly, and now I'm getting 149. So I'm not sure whether my arithmetic was off then or now.

Players Name: golentan

Power Level: 10 (150/156pp)

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack for +2 Damage, -2 Defense for +2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 6

Characters Name: Hercules

Alternate Identity: Cole Aptera

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 180 lbs.

Hair: none

Eyes: black

Description: Cole Aptera is a middle aged, bald man who is both short and overweight. Certainly not the typical super hero image. He has dark skin, and usually wears his work clothes, fairly standard construction site fair. He tends not to blink, and has a number of odd grooming habits, and despite his constant attempts to fit in just always seems somewhat off.

History: Cole was an ordinary child, if anything a little below average. Respectable grades, a little bit on the heavy side, 2nd string lineman on the football team. A nondescript run in college left him prepared to take over the family construction company, which he managed passably for 14 years. Unfortunately, last year Cole was kidnapped off the street Dr Hanks (The Labyrinth, Foes of Freedom), working on a side project from DNAscent involving hybridization. Cole was to be a throwaway, a proof of concept to avoid spoiling "valuable" specimens. Following the proof of concept experiment, Hanks had Cole "disposed" of, but Cole escaped through the use of his fledgling powers. As the hybridization entrenched itself, Cole found himself growing more and more distant emotionally, and alienated many of those closest to him. On the other side, the abilities which once only appeared under extreme stress are beginning to come naturally. He constantly keeps up on the upper crust through gossip columns, and has connections to just about everybody who's nobody through his company.

Personality & Motivation: Cole enjoys being exceptional, as much as his limited emotional response will allow. Flight is beyond anything he imagined, and the ability to lift massive objects comes in handy in construction jobs. Fearing his dehumanization, Cole has worked hard to continue acting normally while enjoying the benefits of superhumanity. Though compassion for strangers is now difficult, he acts as if it is easy in his role as a hero. His "secret identity" is known to many of his employees, whose help he enlisted in the construction of a base.

Powers & Tactics: Cole's powers stem from an infusion of Grue and Hercules Beetle DNA. He is able to use a low level, empathic form of Grue telepathy on insects, and shift into a significantly stronger, tougher form somewhere between his own and that of a beetle. The transformation is particularly disturbing, and he prefers to rely on intimidating foes if he can stop them without using his strength. He uses insects to scout for him, and unorthodox movement and surprise to take out foes individually (preferably silently, through his chokehold). He also carries a taser, just in case.

Stats: 10pp

Str: 18 (+4) / 33 (+11)

Dex: 6 (-2)

Con: 14 (+2) / 24 (+7)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 6 (-2)

Combat: 32pp

Attack: +8

Grapple: +11/+24

Defense: +8 (+4 flat-footed)

Knockback: -6

Initiative: -2

Saves: 15pp

Toughness: +12 (+4/+7 Con, +5 other)

Fortitude: +10 (+4/+7 Con, +3)

Reflex: +4 (-2 Dex, +6)

Will: +9 (+3 Wis, +6)

Skills: 48r = 12pp

Gather Information: 8 (+6)

Handle Animal: 12 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+6)

Knowledge Life Sciences 4 (+4)

Profession 8 (+11)

Survival 8 (+11)

Feats: 20pp

Animal Empathy

Equipment x6 (underground lair [17 EPs] and taser [12 EPs])

Fearless

Fearsome Presence x8

Chokehold

Improved Trip

Track

Well informed

Powers: 61pp

Alternate Form 10 (Beetle Form: Mutation, Flaws: None; Extras: None; PFs: None) [50]

Additional Limbs 2 [2]

Burrow 1 [2]

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10]

Enhanced Strength 15 [15]

Flight 2 [4]

Protection 5 [5]

Super Strength 5 (effective Str 58) [10]

Wall Crawling 1 [2]

Animal Control 5 (Telepathic, Extras: Sensory Link; Flaws: Limited (insects only); PF: Mental Link) [11]

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Punch (26/toughness) (Bruise)

Taser (15/Fortitude) (Stun)

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (32) + Saves (15) + Skills (12) + Feats (20) + Powers (61) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/156 Total Cost

Welcome back. I'll get right to it then.

Stats, good.

Combat, good.

Saves, good.

Skills, good.

Feats, good.

Powers, good.

But, I'm getting 151 PP.

Stats 9 + Combat 32 = 41

Saves 15 + Skills 12 = 27

Feats 20 + Powers 61 = 81

And now I'm getting 149... huh. We'll go with 149. So find a point to throw somewhere and we'll be good.

• 4 months later...