Star Crossed Lovers [IC, closed]

Dark Star shook his head. "No no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that. My nautical knowledge is rather limited. I meant to simply lift it out of the water. If it is something the size of a large freighter or cruise liner, I won't be able to go too far with it though and will need help pushing it along. But I don't think these fellows own something that large, do they? A small to medium-sized vessel, should be doable though. By reversing the gravity, or at least creating a minor negative gravity zone, the ship effectively becomes weightless. While still retaining significant mass, it would be movable. Anything less than 100 feet long isn't difficult at all. More than that just requires more effort and significant concentration on my part." He nodded slightly. He had moved an entire cruise ship once, albeit very slowly, by himself in order to save lives so he knew it was possible.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was going to lift the entire ship? It was a task that boggled her mind as she contemplated it. She was suddenly grateful that she hadn't tried to jump the hero back in the mall, the results might not have been as good as she had hoped. However, it opened other avenues for their current problem.

"Excellent, you will pick up ship and drop it on house of Vaslev. Should send exactly the message we are looking for!"

Of course she didn't consider the legality of the issue, or who may or may not be hurt. She thought only in terms of getting the job done, and dropping a ship on his house should certainly get the job done.

• 1 month later...

Decision made the group made their way to the warehouse Arrowhawk had indicated. It seemed normal enough at first glance, with a dilapidated sign indicateing it housed a unknown Import/Export buisness.

However even a brief examination of the property quickly revealed it was not so simple. Blink and Arrowhawk quickly took in the odd posture of many of the lounging street people, a certain stiffness and alertness more in keeping with military training. Additionally every few minutes teh same passer-bys would circle the warehouse. Clearly a plainclothes patrol of some sort.

To Dark Stars enhanced senses the picture was far more grim. The warhouse walls were sheathed in some kind of gravtic field blocking the interior and likely even his Insubstantial form entry.

Dark Star watched and noted the oddness. "Hmm...it seems these fellows have access to some tech that is far beyond Earth capablities. There's gravity shielding, forcefields I'd guess, on the warehouse's walls. I'm not sure but they're similar to the shields found on certain deepspace vessels. Regardless, something is very wrong here. No simple criminal organization should have access to this kind of offworld technology. This is not going to go smoothly I think."

• 2 weeks later...

Arrowhawk sighed. "Rarely does. I came to Freedom since I wondered how organised crime could function in a city with a high superhero concentration. Then I saw the jetpacks, lightning guns and force fields. Escalation. DS, you're the space expert. Any way to easily penetrate those shields, or could you just teleport through them?"

He nodded. "I could create a wormhole past them, easily enough. But doing so would be a 'blind' entry. Whoever was there would see it as well. The shielding merely makes those wall 'solid' as far as I'm concerned. I suppose I could batter them down but it would certainly be noticed. I could conceal us all, but not while creating a wormhole unfortunately. Someone would have to disable the security so I could pass through a doorway."

"That's no problem, their patrol makes the usual mistake of a fixed route. Too easy to predict, I just need to get past then swiftly take them out when they come back that way. They'll expect someone coming from the outside, not someone at the warehouse attacking them." Arrowhawk pondered for a moment. "Since we can't see inside initially, once we get inside we don't know what we're facing. Worst comes to worst, you just gate us out to regroup."

• 2 weeks later...

"I have an idea!" exclaimed Edge. "Why don't you let me be kidnapped?" When the men turned to look at him, the cheerful teenager explained, "If Mr. Dark Star can't see through those walls, they must have armored them against him specially, right? But you really can't armor against my powers because of how they work. So if I go in and get captured, I can find a way to get the doors open so Mr. Dark Star can get in." He turned to Arrowhawk. "You can come with me," he said, just a little begrudgingly. "You seem really skilled, so maybe you'll know how to pick locks and stuff."

Dark Star paused, unhappy. He knew Edge was lucky and thing tended to work out for the boy but he was still under Dark Star's care, explicitly so actually. "I'm not entirely comfortable with just letting you get captured. And it seems that Arrowhawk won't be able to handle those locks or systems. Do we have any other options or shall we just go with gating inside blindly?"

"Oh, c'mon," said Edge breezily, "a lot of people have captured me since I started being a superhero and I turned out fine. It happens to everybody a couple of times. I heard the famous Rick Lucas got captured by Hades, Omega, and the Grue Meta-Mind before his 30th birthday," he added with a subtle little cough. "I'm sure you'll do okay with the locks and stuff, Mr. Arrowhawk. I know all kinds of stuff about picking locks and opening things," he added with perfect confidence. "It's just a matter of messing around till it pops open."