First Impressions; Jadon's first day! (IC)

Kavos

"Well, this time I did give him a heads up about JJ. The rest of it, just luck I imagine." Alex volunteered a little breathlessly from her jog over. Her favorite study spot wasn't too far from the impromptu gathering place but she'd still hustled to meet up with them.

"Hi, I'm Alexandra Albright. My friends call me Alex though." Alex flashed JJ a smile that lit up her face. Always brightly dressed, today the petite redhead had a red t-shirt with her pegged jeans. That might have been sedate if it hadn't been trimmed in an almost reflective yellow along all the seams. Her hair was clipped back with a sparkly green pair of barretts. She tilted her head at Mark as she paused to catch her breath, her tone warm, "I'm pretty sure Mark can answer all your questions on Young Freedom. He's pretty much our fearless leader."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nice to meet you both." JJ said, extending a hand to Alex. "Name's Jadon, but you can call me JJ." he said, so far avoiding his last name with everyone he's met. "I think we were thinking of heading to the bayview mall after we've finished the tour and checked out my new room." JJ explained, "I don't know if you guy's wanted to come? you could tell me all about this 'Young Freedom.' thing you've got going on." JJ said with a smile on his face.

James just grinned at the other two's appearance. He wasn't exactly buying into the 'loyal follow' bit, but Mark and Alex certainly seemed to have more drive and concern about the whole thing; might as well let them lead the thing. "It's pretty much in the 'early stages' I suppose you could say. But they'll fill ya in. So, lets keep walking. Sooner we get the generic tour stuff done the better. More fun to be had that way."

"Sounds like a plan!" JJ says, "Lead the way."

As the group wanted through the tour JJ asks's a few question's here and a few question's there, mostly relating to school schedules, curfew, when the cafeteria was open and the like.

"Well I guess that's everything other than the Dormitories." JJ says, "You got a big enough car?" he ask's James, "That is if you all want to go to the mall or something?"

"Mall sounds good," said Mark easily. "I picked up a couple of vouchers the other day for the back to school sales. It's like ten, twenty percent off everything at the Mall." He grinned. "I think I can be inclined to share them with my friends. So what brings you to Claremont?" he asked JJ. "Getting an early start on the new school year, or just checking the place out?" He reached down and slipped his hand easily into Alex's as they walked, giving her a quick, couple-y grin.

Looking to mark JJ shrugged, "Bit of both, My parent's have gone overseas, and there was a slight misshape last fourth of July which resulted in a destroyed house... So rather than living there and traveling to school each day they decided boarding would be better." JJ explained.

Alex returned Mark's smile with a bright one of her own before she glanced around to do a quick headcount and announce, "We've fit this many in the car before."

Slightly swinging her linked hand, she glanced back at JJ and asked curiously, "So what has you interested in a team to begin with?"

Mike not so subtlely looked away from the new couples affectionate displays, he told himself his discomfort was over the public display not the affection itself, regardless of what Chris and Eddie said he didn't care about Alex and Mark dating.

"Mall could be interesting," He said, "I got a few things I should pick up before classes start."

He glanced around seeming to confirm Alexs head count then added, "We taking James car?" and after a brief pause "Shotgun."

James just chuckled and dragged out his keys. "The teams getting to be pretty big two. We're gonna have to start thinking about breaking into squads or something. Might help for training and stuff too." He shrugged and started heading for the garage where the car was. "Yeah, we can fit, no worries. Just means I need to keep it only like 10 or 20 above the speed limit," he added with a grin.

JJ half shrug's at Alex and her question. "I dunno really. I guess I watched to many new's stories on the Freedom league and so now that I have powers, and I'm at the apparently school for superheroes It just seemed kinda logical to look for a super group." JJ explained.

Looking over to Mike JJ smirks, "And as per Mike's request... I'm about to do something that may result in the removal of my head." He say's jokingly before forming a large yellow Boomer in his hand. "As Eddie said this is my 'cool power' at least a small hint of it anyway." He says as he throw's the tiny ball of plasma into the air.

The Boomer than exploded into a small star field of tiny sparks the size of marbles, each one a different a different color. rotating his hand slightly the star field of Boomer's span around the group before converging above them to form a tennis ball sized Boomer which than 'popped' in a shower of tecknicolored sparkles which rained down on the group harmlessly evaporating as they hit a solid surface.

"Hey, that's neat!" said Mark, suitably impressed at JJ's spectacular abilities. "Just don't do that in the mall," he joked, "people will think you've exploded." He chuckled, showing there was no malice in it. "All right, I guess Alex and I will squeeze into the backseat, and JJ can get in with us. I think that'll get us there in style."

A mischievous grin crosses JJ's face as Mark joked about exploding. Taking a step or two away from the group, "What like this?" JJ say's as he suddenly erupts in a sudden flash of light. A second later a swarm of small marble sized light's drift about looking like a swam of fireflies. "And don't worry Mike... In this form I have no head to take off, and very few physical things can hurt me." An echo voice said emanating from the swarm, the little plasmoids lighting up as he speaks.

"But enough of that let's get going." JJ said as another sudden flash of light occurs and JJ is back to his normal human self. Walking past the group he wave's his hand, "Come on let's get going, the malls not going to be open forever."

Eddie's mouth figuratively hit the floor. "@#$%ing awesome!" As the walked to the car he fell into stride next to JJ. "Dude. I bet you are a hoot at parties. Speaking of which, I should be hosting one soon. And you're totally invited!" He swept his hand over the rest of the group. "These guys already know about it. And it's not for a while yet. But you can save the date." As the trekked to the car, he filled JJ in on the details.

Mike look largly unphased by the display, certainly not startled as he had been before. "Neat trick." He said with a small smile. The display had been entertaining but Mike was having trouble holding back on his own distaste for blatant displays such as that. No reason Jadon shouldn't be free to play around he told himself and continued walking towards the parking lot.

James watched with a raised eyebrow as the kid blew up into a bunch of light balls or something. Weird. Interesting but weird. It certainly seemed like JJ enjoyed showing off. He and Eddie would get along great. James himself didn't mind showing off much either, it was all in good fun of course. Key was not to go too far.

He gave a mental shrugged as they headed for the car. "So, mall? We shopping or eating?"

Alex watched it all with wide, curious eyes and an almost too observant look on her face. When JJ had finished his display, she smiled gently and said quite honestly, "I think that's the first time I've seen anyone with that power. How long have you had your gifts?"

When they got to the car, Alex slipped into the backseat and into the middle seat with out protest. She was still the littlest one on the team so, taking the middle was only common sense. It wasn't so bad. It was actually kinda nice to be squeezed in next to Mark.

JJ blushed from the attention, As much as he loved being the center of attention showing off his power's was certainly a first for him.

Listening to Eddie and his party JJ beamed, "Sounds sweet, I've go some talent in performing light show's, and with my power's it's made all the better." JJ said a grin ear to ear.

Looking over to Jame's JJ shrugged, "Depends on everyone else. I won't be doing any real shopping for school supply's for a week or two, gotta wait for my next payday." JJ explained.

Smiling at Alex JJ shrugged, "It's kind of hard to say... I sort of always had the powers, even when I was young when ever I was really excited or sad strange thing's would alway's happen around me, But when It wasn't until a few month's ago did my power's really flare up.... and believe me going to bed as a boy and waking up as a swarm of lights... not as much as as you'd think."

Once they reached the car JJ waited for a moment, before finding himself a seat. "Nice car." JJ told James

The car pulled up to the Bayview mall's car park. There were a few people about, some of them even other Claremont kids. The sun was shining, there was a warm breeze on the air and overall a good day.

Hopping out of the car JJ stretched, "Well what do you guy's wanna do first? Food, shopping or just wander about?" He ask's as the other's pile out of the car.

Mike piled out of the car and shrugged at Eddies suggestion looking questioningly to Mark and Alex before agreeing, "I could use a little something to eat." Of course with a growing boy Mikes age a little might be a large pizza but the point was the same and he happily followed the group towards the pizza parlor.

James shrugged. "Whatever works. I'm not really hungry, but I'll grab a soda and a snack." He looked around. "Think I had a couple sort-of dates with some of the girls in the Hot Topic store about a month or two ago." He shrugged, not remembering much of the specifics. "Eddie's always like that. Spazzy and falling short of cool," he said with a playful grin. "But he's nothing compared to Chris."

"Hmm Chris... Chris, I don't think I've met them yet." JJ said as the headed to the Pizza parlor. "In if you ask me James, It's better to be Super-nova than cool." JJ said as her turned around and walked backwards to face the group, as he did he lowered his sunglasses an inch and discreetly his eye's glowed for an instant as he said super-nova.

spinning around and falling back in line with the group, JJ pushed his glasses back up, "Not that we make a habit of doing that in public mind you..." JJ said out the side of his mouth.