First Impressions; Jadon's first day! (IC)

Kavos

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ scribbled the last signature on the last piece of paper and handed it back to the receptionist. Wandering back to Mike, "Done and done." JJ said happily, "They really do want to know everything don't you, I mean they fell short of asking what colored underwear you've got on." JJ said half jokingly

After Mike give's him the options JJ shrugged, "Hmm I'd take the grand tour first." JJ said, "Besides, once you've seen a bedroom you've seen every bedroom." JJ added with a slight laugh.

Mike stood up from his sprawl on one of the couchs when Jadon returned. "Sounds good." The bulky teen said as he made his way to the door.

Stepping out of the administration building Mike gestured to the left, "The staff quarters and dorms are over that way." He said, "We'll swing by those again later."

He led Jadon down the wide walk and into the gardens. There were a variety of exotic plants as well as more mundane examples along with beautifully landsacped walks and secluded benches. "The gardens are a nice place to come and just get away from everything, or get some studying done outside." Mike explained trying to forget his own embarassing incident in the garden earlier that summer.

"Nice place." JJ said nodding at the garden. "So there any restricted areas? any super-secret underground training facility's and what not?" JJ asked as he followed Mike around. "I mean a big place like this has gotta have a number of nooks and crannies to go exploring in."

Mike hessitated a second then nodded saying, "Yea a few, Honestly I'm probably not the best one to expalin all that stuff I've heard stuff. Theres a training room underground, and something hidden on the third floor of the library."

Mike realized he wasn't even that aware ofthe secrets of the school. "I just started at the begining of the summer, so I haven't gotton the full spiel either."

Mike wished more than ever that Mark was there at that moment, "Uhhh yea I'm sure there are some clubs and stuff. Theres a couple superteams too but officially we're not supposed to do stuff with powers off school grounds." Mike said somewhat uncomfortable, Recruitment really wasn't his bag and he looked around to see if one of the others were around to fill Jadon in.

"Course its also basically unenforced, I don't really get it to be honest. Anyway the newest group just started up and we're kinda recruiting, though I'm not exactly sure what the criteria are." Mike said while silently thinking to himself 'If we even have any'

"Cool, I'll have to meet them." JJ said with a big grin, "What's there name?" He asks as he suddenly begins to look around, "wasn't...err... Eddie with us somewhere?" JJ suddenly adds, realizing that Eddie had disappeared sometime between now and the admission office.

Mike smiled as James approached, "Just showing him the basics." Mike said as they headed over to the main quad and school buildings.

Glacing at James with a wave Mike brought him up to date, "JJ was asking about super teams or clubs and what not."

"The new group is Young Freedom, kinda cheesy name but it was a spur of the moment thing." Mike said shifting his attention back to Jadon. Mike looked around at the question about Eddie, "Yea, Eddies a bit uhhhm, easily distracted." He explained with a shrug.

As the group walked past the main quad, they could see Eddie balancing on the top of one of the soccer nets. He was quitely humming to himself, likely along with whatever song he was listening to.

When he noticed the group he flew down to greet them. "Hey! Done with the boring part I see?" Eddie smiled "Now what's on the agenda?"

Jadon nods in greeting as James wander's up. "Same old same old. Like Admission officer's most schools seem to be relatively the same. Except the addition of the dorms." JJ said with a faint smile

As Mike talked more about the un-official super-group JJ just nodded and smiled, "Cool, Good a name as any." he said "If there's nothing against it. I wouldn't mind putting in an application to join." JJ said beaming.

JJ beamed, "Show off." he said jokingly "It must cool to fly hole." JJ said cryptically.

James nodded with a grin. "The boring stuff, great. Glad I missed it. So, what do you like to do for fun? Maybe we can get outta here and have some."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh the group thing? That's more Mark. He's the gung-ho full blown super hero thing. I suppose you could say he and Alex are in charge... if we have an in charge kinda thing." He shrugged. "I'm not exactly caring about all that as much as them but if you're interested, ask those two."

Jadon shrugged, "I guess I like doing what every other fifteen year old likes doing, Video games, sports, explosions, the usual." JJ said with a grin as he forms a boomer in his hand and begins to toss it up and down like a softball.

JJ shrugged again in regard to the super-group thing, "Who's Mark and Alex?" JJ asks, "I suppose I'll meet them soon enough, I don't really mind either way It's just cool to be able to share my powers freely without having to worry about secrets and whatnot."

"Mark is officially the luckiest guy on the planet, and Alex is our team's super-psychic." Eddie shrugged. "I'm almost positive you'll be allowed to join. We were just scoping out new members the other day."

He turned to Mike. "Think you can send a message to Alex? Maybe she can offer some quick input?" Turning back to JJ he explained. "Mike and Alex have been practically attached at the hip since birth."

"Oh yea. And we all have some sort of code name. If you're allowed in, we'll let you know what they are, but till then, it's kind of a secret." He winked.

"Dunno how much gas you have, James, but we could go cruising around town looking for a party or something..." Eddie offered.

Mike just nodded and said, "I'll see if she's busy." letting Eddie and James do what they did best, well at least what they did better than him.

His eyes unfocused as he briefly concentrated, 'Alex? I'm giving a tour to a new guy here and he's expressed interest in Young Freedom. We're in the garden heading over tot he main quad if you want to join us.' Mike hoped she'd be available to answer the question he really didn't know the answers too.

JJ nodded as they waited for Mike to contact Alex. Looking over to Eddie "That's cool, It wouldn't be a 'secret' identity if you go around blurting it to everyone." JJ said with a smile, looking over to James "Yeah, that sounds like fun, maybe after we finish with the tour, we can go out some place... My treat." JJ said his smile getting bigger again.

James shrugged. "Well, not all of us worry about the identity thing, but we're required I suppose. For the school if nothing else. I'm used to the famous thing, but not everyone is. They have families and the like that need to be protected and all that." He nodded at Eddie. "No worries. I've got plenty. Unless we're driving more than a couple hours, then we'll just tank up." He waved JJ's offer away. "It's ok. I'll treat. Think of it as a 'welcome' if you like. You pick the spot."

'Really? I bet Mark'll be pleased. Sure, I'll head down there in a few minutes. I'll let Mark know and see if he wants to do his leader-thing, Alex's cheery thoughts bubbled through Mike's thoughts. She was working on some last-minute pre-term reading but there was always time to meet someone knew. Mike felt her attention fade as she turned her thoughts towards carrying the message along to Young Freedom's team captain.

Her mental tone was cheerful with optimism as she found Edge's thoughts, 'Hey, Mark! Mike's found a new student that's interested in the team. I'm heading down to the quad to meet them.'

Already there, came back Mark's pleasant, unruffled thoughts. He rarely sounded particularly concerned about anything inside the confines of his head. I was just walking around that part of campus myself."Hey guys!" came Mark's cheerful voice as he approached behind Jadon and Mike, the lanky teenager having simply strolled up behind them as if he'd had a GPS. "You must be the new guy. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Mark Lucas." He grinned, shaking the other boy's hand.