Active Characters and NPCs talk thread

Sandman XI

Still around, looking for something.

But I'm also thinking of leaving Freedom City. It's just not very fun anymore. And with the news that villains can't be PC anymore, well, that makes things worse for me.

I don't see how the lack of PC villains makes things worse for you. There are plenty of NPC villains for you to face off against, and you don't even have a PC villain.

I think you would enjoy it here more if you adopted a less passive play style. Take the initiative. Make a post in the Campaign Discussion forum that says "Hey, I'd like for some villain to try this mad scheme, and for The Spartan to try and stop him. Who wants to help? Who wants to run it?" Or look at the Campaign Discussion forum for other threads of this nature. Players post them all the time. When someone sounds the call to arms, answer it.

And once you are in a thread, again, take some initiative. I remember when The Spartan showed up to Ace Danger's party. You barely initiated any interaction at all. Rather than trying to make something happen, you just waited around for something to happen to you. And when it didn't, you left.

The Spartan has accumulated 8PP, and as of last month he's been active for a year. That's an average of less than 1PP per month. I'm not surprised that you're not having fun here, because you're barely a presence here at all. Most of the other players don't even know you exist.

Of course, if you truly do want to leave, you're free to.

This isn't some tabletop game where the GM is going to lead the players around by the nose the entire time. You have to meet people halfway here.

If you decide you do want to become a more active player, and you're still not sure how to make that happen, feel free to send a private message to one or more of the Staff members, and we will be happy to help you.

Midnight II - A near-fatal car accident led to Remington Carlisle stumbling into the fabled Midnight Manor. After an agreement between himself, Dr. Metropolis, and the Raven, this millionaire playboy turned street-level hero roams the Fens in his trademark 853 Horsche roadster, chipping away at organized crime as he tries to piece together the truth behind the disappearance of Travis Hunter, the original Golden Age Midnight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...