Putting You on the Map (IC)

Geez3r

Dark Star held the three pinned as he let his senses extend. He let the others know exactly where the criminals were running too. "Let me tie these fellows up and I'll help apprehend the rest." He reached out and grabbed some metal to do just that. With some telekinetic strength, he began to wrap it around the caught criminals, all the while speaking to them calmly about the futility and problems associated with the criminal lifestyle. Perhaps they would learn from this and choose a different path in life. When he was done, he'd zip off after the others to prevent them from escaping as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thugs in the garage gave Dark Star no trouble, but not from a lack of trying. They simply didn't have the strength to fight off Dark Star's gravity. The stories they were shouting at Dark Star came in three varieties. One was simply just calling Dark Star every sort of ... colorful... name they could think of. The second was claiming that it was all Earl's fault and that they were completely innocent. The third variety claimed that they simply hadn't done anything wrong at all; that they were ignorant of any wrong doing at the establishment at all. Somehow, you got the feeling that only the first group only meant a word they said. It was sad really.

--------------

Breakdown easily chased down one of the workers, and cornered him in a back alley dead end. Trapped, the worker frantically began digging in his jacket for something. Whatever it was, it wasn't likely to be good.

The thug is brought down hard and fast. A syringe filled with a dangerous looking red liquid, goes flying and cracks open on the concrete. The contents start to hiss on the street, and begin to eat through the ground. "AH! Ow man that hurts! I give! I give!"

As soon as the three were securely bound, he flashed out after the misguided citizens. Reaching out with a telekinetic grip, he grabbed them one at a time. Instead of binding them there, he just carried the foolish criminal along to the next one. He carried them all back to the garage once all had been accounted for, binding them as well, right next to their compatriots. "Gentlemen, if you would simply come clean now, it will make the rest of this go much easier. And I'm certain the judge will look favorably on your decision as well."

"Alright, now get up." Breakdown barked, "And no funny business, or I'll give you something to really cry about!"

Breakdown remarked how silly it was for a 17 year old to be yanking up a fully grown man by the scruff of his colar. I sound like my dad! He began walking the man back around to the garage. He didn't want to touch the strange corrosive liquid that had been in the syringe...

"And what the hell was in that thing?" he asked with a backward glance at the needle.

The goons are quickly routed, Atlas bringing in one of the runners under his arm. Dark Star's plees get through to one of the younger looking workers, who comes clean and explains the set up. It was actually a pretty nice operation they had. They essentially work like middle men between buyers and the sellers. The gang members pick up the drops from the sellers and bring them back to the garage. The weapons and other contraband are then broken down into component parts. They are then hidden in the car parts, and put back in the old cars. The buyers come around and pick up their cars, the contraband hidden well away. As a side job, they also can put armor plating on the cars while they have them in their possession.

---------------------------

Meanwhile... "Man, ain't it past your bed time!? For reals. Check it. I got a fist full a Bengamins, you can have em if ya let me go"

"Seriously?" Breakdown was appalled. "I'm not some dirty cop. I'm a superhero! In case you hadn't heard, we're not really in the habit of taking bribes. But if those 'Benjamins' happen to be 'stolen', I'd be glad to turn them over to the proper athorities for you."

Breakdown's eyes narrowed, though it was impossible to see behind his visor. The change was noticeable in his tone of voice, "Now get moving, buddy."

"Man dis ain't right man. How you gonna take a grown ass man down to the po-lice like dis man? Ain't cho got books to buy or something? Don't want to get your girlie something nice for her birthday? Or get yourself a nice car to get the girl in the first place man. Seriously man, you got to think ahead. See da big picture man. Jeez, kids these days. Ain't got no respect. And I'll tell you another thing!..."

It's like that. The WHOLE. WAY. BACK.

...Or it would have been had Breakdown not been so fed up. With his temple twitching, he concentrated hard on the man's voice. Much to his own surprise he actually succeeded in turning his volume down!

Breakdown stopped and stood in stunned silence before continuing to take the man back to the rest of the heroes. "Huh," he gasped, boggled, "That's a neat trick! I'll have to remember that one." Breakdown hummed the rest of the way happily to himself.