Putting You on the Map (IC)

Geez3r

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Great! Pick me up and lets get going." Without really waiting for an answer, verbal or otherwise, the girl starts pulling her t-shirt over her head. Once it's of it's stuffed, somewhere, and another, rather similar one takes its place, but this one has only two straps instead of a proper back to it. Once that one is on she does something which illustrates just why she went through the bother to change. Shrugging her shoulders she causes a bloody great pair of wings to sprout forth. "That's better."

Dark Star concealed the young woman from everyone for a moment while she changed. And, like a gentleman, he made sure to be looking the other way. When she declared herself ready, he reached out and lifted those aloff who needed it and, keeping his concealment active, flew after the large muscled man to keep them all hidden. He wasn't sure where they were actually going, but he was confident they would approach the villains unseen.

The rather odd gathering of heroes follows the gang for about 5 minutes before the gang raps on the window to an auto garage door. They are let in momentarily by a rather large looking gentleman, who appears to be a mechanic based on the way he's dressed and the amount of grease and oil on his person. When the door is opened, you catch snatches of various conversations going on, along with lots of metalworking going on in the background. The problem with this being that you know for sure that no self respecting auto garage is open this late, not when they can charge the customers for an extra day when they keep it over night. The irony of telling when someone is a crook because they're too honest is not lost on the group.

Dark Star sees about a dozen guys (not including the new thugs) actively working on 3 cars, obviously of older make, but not old enough to be "classics". Two of them are red, one is blue. They're American cars, but what make and model is beyond him. There is also a white van inside the garage, a little removed from the active work area, and no one seems to care about it much. What Dark Star does notice however, is that many of the parts being replaced don't have anything apparently wrong with them.

Dark Star relayed the information to the others. "Curious. They seem to be replacing parts that seem intact. Some form of car upgrade perhaps or something more devious?" He wasn't exactly familiar with mechanics and vehicles. Plus he was a little trusting as well. He knew vaguely what a 'chop shop' was but really hadn't encountered one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dark Star paused in thought as he kept watch. "It's hard to tell. Possible I suppose. I am not really good at interpreting the criminal mind or their intent/ideas however." He shook his head at Breakdown. "No, it isn't always. People often should simply be given the benefit of the doubt and trusted; not just assuming they are guilty of some crime. This isn't always the case obviously, but the point still stands."

"Well I guarantee there is an easy way of confirming that." Breakdown crossed his arms. He wasn't one for waiting around when one could get to the root of the problem by doing something.

"Look," Breakdown pointed down at the garage, "All I'm saying is that if one of us flies down there and confronts them we're gonna find out what their game is real quick. If they're not on the level, nine times out of ten they will just up and try to 'deal with' any heroes that show up." He turned to Dark Star, "We give them the benefit of the doubt until they give us reason not to. Once they spaz out, we'll know we were right. I volunteer. Anyone got a better idea?" He raise his hand at the word 'volunteer'.

"Are you bullet proof kid? I go down there, but any one will shoot at me. Look at me." Atlas looks over the group for a moment, like he's sizing all of them up. "Let Dark Star go down and talk. Everyone knows he is hero. Last I check he is bullet proof too."

Dark Star nodded. "Very well." Without another word, he left the group and headed for the garage.

He floated down and into the garage, continuing to look and try and see what was going on. He passed through the ceiling and stopped in the middle of the garage. He looked around at the people and nodded before speaking. "Excuse me gentlemen? Could someone explain what is going on? I was told there might be wrongdoing afoot here but I thought it best if I gave you a chance to explain. To be fair of course."

More than a few of the workers leap out of their skin, one or two of them dropping whatever they were carrying at the time. After all the noise quieted down, it got real quiet as it appeared no one knew exactly what to say or how to say it. More than a few sets of eyes flicked over to one guy who was probably running the place. The name tag on his jacket said "Earl".

Earl had been one of the people to drop what he was carrying, in his case a tool box. After calming down, Earl scooped up the tool box and addressed Dark Star. "Ya done gave us quite a start there feller. We done got ourselves one a them there "time sensitive contracts" but I done overbooked myself. So we done got to pull ourselves one a those all night jobbers to git er done. Shain't nothing illegal bout that I reckon."

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Star nodded. "Apologies for startling you. As for the job, perfectly understandable. Deadlines need to be met after all. I was told there were a number of criminals in the area and I needed to make check in." He let his senses start searching again, looking for possible illicit activities. "While I'm here, is there some I can assist with? I'm not much of a mechanic but I can be pretty handy."

"Beggan yer pardon there Dark Star, but doncha think yer o better use out der stoppin' some o them criminal fellers? I mean I appreciate what you're trying ter do here, but..." says Earl as Dark Star looks about. However, the other guys in the garage don't seem to match his calm demeanor. They always keep their eyes on DS, even a sideways glance. They keep a certain distance away from him, or always happen to need a part that's on the opposite of the garage of DS.

Shady, but nothing illegal. That is until however, that DS notices that for all the parts they're putting in, he doesn't see one single receipt anywhere. Or any invoices. Or anyone scheduled to work tonight. Or nearly enough parts that have been replaced lying around. Something's definitely going on here. Better take a closer look at exactly what they're doing here.

• 1 month later...

Dark Star frowned, or would have if he had a face. "I am looking for criminals after all. And given how far and how much I can see, I can do it quite easily from here. Not to disagree with you or impinge on your word, but I think there is something very wrong going on here. I think that you should start talking before the police arrive. I believe I'll need to give them a call to check out some suspicious activity. It would save us quite a lot of time if you would simply be honest and come clean you know. I'm certain that it would help in any culpability you might have in regards to the situation once the the authorities get involved."

I got this. Dark Star heard Breakdown chime in in his head. I got the cops on standby, just give the sign and I can have them here in minutes. Dark Star knew the musical kid also had radio senses like him. It seemed Breakdown had been prepared for the eventuality that the authorities would be needed.

"Well... uh.. you see the thing is... that we uhh... RUN!" Earl turns on his heel and bolts to the door, and all of the other workers do likewise, heading out every exit available and making new ones through the windows when necessary. Earl and the gang members included, there were 9 guys now trying to run for their lives in every direction.

Dark Star sighed. Why did everyone try to run away? He gestured, changing the gravity and making it FAR heavier inside the area than it used to be. They wouldn't get far and if any escaped, well, that's why the others were waiting patiently he supposed. Hopefully one of them knew more about crimes like this than he did. "Please do not resist. I have no wish to injure anyone."

...I repeat, we are in pursuit. Multiple felonies in progress..." Breakdown had begun advertising their position and the nature of the crimes at hand the moment the bad guy's began to take off.

He was currently in the process of flying into the garage and attempting to identify any of the villains that were getting away.

"Keep it up, DS! The Cops are on their way. The rest of us can handle the stragglers!"

DS was quick enough to grab all but three of the perps. One had made it out of the back window as was now trying to hide in the junkyard they had out back. Another had made it out the side fire exit and was now darting through back alleys trying to ditch the heroes. The last one simply ran out the front door and was running down the road in the opposite direction of the other perp.