The job OOC

cosmicarus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't Heavy's lair. I figure that the villains of Freedom City have a few boltholes where they go to hide when the heroes are after them, the same way that they have a single place to do their fighting. If you're in hiding, one of the things you'd want is a computer, so you would have an idea when the fuss has died down. And Panera, the bakery, gives free wireless to those in range, so that just works.

You might notice that Heavy isn't the most technologically adept. Calling wireless "the radio" is a bit strange, at least, but there's a reason for that.

This isn't Heavy's lair. I figure that the villains of Freedom City have a few boltholes where they go to hide when the heroes are after them, the same way that they have a single place to do their fighting. If you're in hiding, one of the things you'd want is a computer, so you would have an idea when the fuss has died down. And Panera, the bakery, gives free wireless to those in range, so that just works.

You might notice that Heavy isn't the most technologically adept. Calling wireless "the radio" is a bit strange, at least, but there's a reason for that.

As I understand it, Internet searches are treated like taking 20 on the relevant Knowledge check. (pg 135, M&M 2e core rules, under 'Electronics' in equipment.) That plus whatever circumstance bonus I might or might not be due re: how I narrated my search is my 'roll' for whatever results I get.

As I understand it, Internet searches are treated like taking 20 on the relevant Knowledge check. (pg 135, M&M 2e core rules, under 'Electronics' in equipment.) That plus whatever circumstance bonus I might or might not be due re: how I narrated my search is my 'roll' for whatever results I get.

If it's Computer Use or a Knowledge check, Heavy can't help Aid Another. If it's a Gather Information check, then he can. Whether he can do it mechanically or not, he does know the city fairly well, and can give Satori a way to narrow his search (and hopefully, the time it takes to carry it out).

If it's Computer Use or a Knowledge check, Heavy can't help Aid Another. If it's a Gather Information check, then he can. Whether he can do it mechanically or not, he does know the city fairly well, and can give Satori a way to narrow his search (and hopefully, the time it takes to carry it out).

Satori lives in North Bay. (What is by North Bay standards a relatively modest condo.) Has he ever seen that mansion before?

If not, heck with it, aerial reconaissance. Flight is our team's major advantage over the others, might as well /use/ it.

But before we go there ic, I first need to know if I've ever seen that place before.

Satori lives in North Bay. (What is by North Bay standards a relatively modest condo.) Has he ever seen that mansion before?

If not, heck with it, aerial reconaissance. Flight is our team's major advantage over the others, might as well /use/ it.

But before we go there ic, I first need to know if I've ever seen that place before.

Ok, here's what you learn:

Adam Kirk.

adam.jpg

The easy stuff:

- Won an academy award for best actor only last year, for his portrayal of The Centurion in the film 'The End Of Omega'

- His personal life has seen women come and go - some splits amicable, some not so much. Has a reputation of being too involed with his work. Currently believed to be single.

- He's now 25, and is apparently working on his latest project - very hush, hush.

- Born in Freedom City

- Had been involved in the production of twelve feature-length films (six of which he acted in) by the time he was twenty-four, earning him three academy awards.

A little less well known:

- His parents are Felicity and Damien Kirk, the oil millionaire come re-usable energy billionaire.

- Financed his first feature-length film at 16 (he didn't use his family's money, securing independant funding instead). It was called 'Blood Relatives' and was about a boy who discovers his father is a vampire.

- His band 'Freedom Fighters', had a top 10 hit when he was 18 called 'Everyone Alone'. The band split soon after.

- Is famously quoted as saying "I'm not an actor, I just play one in movies," and for leaving his father out of his acceptance speech of his first academy award.

- He does have a mansion in North Bay, and there's a picture on the website you look at (http://www.freedomcitysocialite.com), but no address. The same site also give a short bio on the actor, pointing out some of his favourite restaurants.

Sorry guys, meant to put that info here - I've gotta stop posting when I'm on the run..

No probs, dude! Just give me a wisdom check to see if your memory holds the answers...

Adam Kirk.

adam.jpg

The easy stuff:

- Won an academy award for best actor only last year, for his portrayal of The Centurion in the film 'The End Of Omega'

- His personal life has seen women come and go - some splits amicable, some not so much. Has a reputation of being too involed with his work. Currently believed to be single.

- He's now 25, and is apparently working on his latest project - very hush, hush.

- Born in Freedom City

- Had been involved in the production of twelve feature-length films (six of which he acted in) by the time he was twenty-four, earning him three academy awards.

- His parents are Felicity and Damien Kirk, the oil millionaire come re-usable energy billionaire.

- Financed his first feature-length film at 16 (he didn't use his family's money, securing independant funding instead). It was called 'Blood Relatives' and was about a boy who discovers his father is a vampire.

- His band 'Freedom Fighters', had a top 10 hit when he was 18 called 'Everyone Alone'. The band split soon after.

- Is famously quoted as saying "I'm not an actor, I just play one in movies," and for leaving his father out of his acceptance speech of his first academy award.

- He does have a mansion in North Bay, and there's a picture on the website you look at (http://www.freedomcitysocialite.com), but no address. The same site also give a short bio on the actor, pointing out some of his favourite restaurants.

Sorry guys, meant to put that info here - I've gotta stop posting when I'm on the run..

No probs, dude! Just give me a wisdom check to see if your memory holds the answers...

Adam Kirk.

adam.jpg

The easy stuff:

- Born in Freedom City

*beats head on desk*

Stop doing that! No wonder your memory is so bad :P

Anyways, since you haven't exactly been noting the houses of the rich and famous, despite the fact that you live in North Bay, you don't remember the house...

...you do, however, recognise the area. There's a particular stretch that runs along Orbison Drive where all the mansions look pretty much the same, and you're certain that this is one of those. The stretch is about 8 miles long, but given the large estates the mansions are on, that translates to about 24 mansions along each side of the road. All in a nights work for a couple of supervillains such as yourselves!

*beats head on desk*

Anyways, since you haven't exactly been noting the houses of the rich and famous, despite the fact that you live in North Bay, you don't remember the house...

...you do, however, recognise the area. There's a particular stretch that runs along Orbison Drive where all the mansions look pretty much the same, and you're certain that this is one of those. The stretch is about 8 miles long, but given the large estates the mansions are on, that translates to about 24 mansions along each side of the road. All in a nights work for a couple of supervillains such as yourselves!

*beats head on desk*

Well, Satori's going to memorize everything seen in those pictures of the house -- particular fountains, statuary, make, model, & color of any car, et cetera.

Also, if any of the possible addresses our searches have turned up so far say 'Orbison Drive', that would be a /big/ help.

In the meantime, he lays out the options for Heavy. :)