My Fair Lady

angrydurf

Bernadette took Taylors hand and led her to a comfortable chair, once she was seated the attendant took several measurements of Taylors feet calling out the numbers to Antoni.

She smiled and in a friendly voice inquired, "So how do you know Ace?" While Antoni searched hte shelvs pulling down several shoes for Taylor to try.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor tucked her ankles together after she was done sticking her foot on the measuring device used. That was definately different than payless. She wasn't sure she could handle this level of elite wealth for shopping. Every place seemed to provide some sort of snack tray. If she hadn't moved beyond the need to eat, she wasn't sure she'd fit through the door after an afternoon of shopping. Especially with all the french pastries.

"He's a friend of my family. My uncle traveled with him years ago." Taylor provided truthfully.

"Oh, really?" Bernadette asked seeming truely intrigued, "So did our grandfather. Oh you must be Huangs neice!" She sounded very excited about the prospect.

Ace then spoke up, "I see the keen powers of deduction continue to run true." he said with a smile.

Antoni approached with the shoes and had Taylor try them out walking around the store. Smileing as his sister gushed.

"Great-neice, but yes. He, like the rest of my family, calls me Zee though." She corrected with a smile before she slipped her feet into a pair of break-your-ankle peep toes. They were a little higher than the heels she was used to but not so high that she teetered on them. Mentally, Taylor added another tick to difference between these and payless shoes. These were actually a great deal more comfortable. She had to shorten her stride walking in them from her usual walk but she bet they'd make her legs look a good deal longer which was nice. She had always had nice legs.

"Your grandfather too?"

"My namesake," Ace said with a fond smile, "Ace Portenoi, He served with my father in the war and acted as a personal pilot afterwards, Taught me everything I know about planes."

Bernadette beamed, "He was a war hero." She said with a slight giggle, "But he took us flying when we were young, I loved it up in the sky." She drifted off stareing out the window.

Antoni managed to keep a bit more on task asking, "How do those feel, any pinching?"

"No, they're surprisingly comfortable, actually. I've never worn heels that didn't hurt in some way before." Taylor told the young man honestly, as she crossed back to that side of the room before she sat down to pull them off and set them back in their box, "Uncle Huang's the one that got me onto my love of all things ancient. I almost ended up in anthropology but went into linguistics instead. He mentioned your grandfather a time or two in his stories when I was just a little girl."

"We met him once when we were very young I think." Antoni siad whistfully, "At grandfathers estate in the country remember?" He asked his sister who smiled and gave a quick nod before taking over for her brother as the buisness focused one.

"Its a good height on you," She said examining Taylors walk, "It'll add alot of length to your leg without looking like you are on stilts." She beamed at taylor as she spoke.

"I think a gold a purple and a black." Ace said then added to taylor, "Its a start."

"Its easy too look a little silly. I'm short and stocky but I think they're lovely." She did turn to give Ace a quiziccal look, "What would I ever wear gold shoes with?"

It was likely a very, very good thing that Ace had taken Taylor under his wing. She was clearly trying to picture if she owned anything gold to wear them with. Very matchy-matchy.

Antoni and Bernadette looked blankly at Taylor unsure of what to say when Ace stepped in, "We'll go over outfits and acesories when we get you home."

Antoni quickly boxed up the shoes and deftly placed them in a bag which he handed to Taylor with a smile. Bernadette gave her a quick hug and wished her safe travels before Ace turned to leave the store.

Taylor said her farewells and, once they were out on the street, placed the shoes in her dimensional pocket as well. As they'd brought no car, the void was proving rather handy all things considered. Taylor just would have to make sure that all bags were removed lest she accidentally end up pulling out a forgotten lacey pair of underwear while trying to deal with some thug. Now that would be embarrasing.

"Alright, I have underthings, shoes and dresses. Is that everything?" Taylor asked her current guide.

"Its a start," He said with a grin, "Normally I woudl suggest accesories, jewelry, etc, But those are more personal highlights, Plus you already have a most impressive piece." He said with a gesture to the gem at he throat.

"I think we can call it a day for the time being." He said with a wink, "We'll have to do it again sometime."

Taylor shook her head at him amusedly, "We'll see. I think this is all far more then I'll ever manage to use."

After stopping once more to pick up the tailored items, Taylor extended one hand to Ace. A mischievious smile played around her lips as she reached out for the contact needed to teleport them again. "I'm not sure how I'll thank you, Ace."

I have an idea, however.

When they blipped into existance, they were in a small and very cluttered ante-room. Most of the light in the area came from a door that was slightly ajar. Past the thresh-hold, there was more clutter and a small and somewhat frail figure leaning over several pottery fragments. Although much more aged than the last time Ace had seen Taylor's uncle, the intellegent sparkle in his dark eyes was undimmed by the many years.

"Give me a call and I'll come pick you up again. Just remember, I haven't told any of them about my antics." Taylor murmered before she winked out of existance, not wanting to get caught in her uncle's study.

Ace smile broadly as he took in his old friends signature clutter, "Thank You." He said turning to Taylor and planting a quick kiss on her cheek.

As she blinked out of existence she heard Ace's voice boom in a way quite unlike the rather suave and debonaire inflection he usually used, "HARRY, You old so and so."