And They Called Me MAD! (IC)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you Ms. Brown. I'm not quite sure what it wants. And I'm not even sure that simple creature does either. It keeps talking about its mission. My guess that there is something in needs down in this wing. Some component its master sent it to go fetch. There is no way a creature of that level of intelligence could be behind all this; it could barely form sentences, let along plans."

"D-Doctor Brown," she said with a tinge of indignation, "and... and you think someone sent it? Wh-Who? Who could -- who would -- make such a creature? And surely, if it was sent by someone, it would have to have some intelligence, wouldn't it?" The doctor's fear was giving way to a cooler examination of the events, "in order to perform any assigned tasks, right? Unless the goal was just to cause chaos. But what would be the gain in that?"

"Sorry Doctor. No I'm sure the creature has some intelligence. It was able to form words after all, and walks through the hallways rather than through the walls. But it has a poor memory evidenced by the fact that it doubled back to an area where it has already been. If the creature was sent to cause chaos it could have done so in a more populated, and less heavily guarded area just as well, furthermore there would be damage to the exterior of the building so as to draw more attention.

I believe the aim of today's raid is to acquire a piece of technology to aid in the creature creation process. The master, whoever it is, is obviously none to skilled. They create and use a crude, ugly and unintelligent beast to steal something which the master likely barely has a grasp on himself. Rather than create his own innovations, he has to copy the work of others to be half-way competent. It's rather sad really."

"Sad? Sad?!," Dr. Brown screamed, "what would you know of the intricacies of creating life, you lithium-layered lummox?! You stand there in that inharmonious electric ensemble, daring to have any shred of criticism for the elegance of life? You think that cacophonous collection of cogs and computers can protect you from all the varied wonders of life? Do you think it can protect you form me?!"

As "Dr. Brown" was ranting, her face, then her whole body (including her clothing) began to warp and flow like melting wax. "her" limbs stretched and split into dozens of tentacles, and more sprouted from "her" sides and back and out from her stomach. "Her" head twisted and warped and reformed into an alabaster man's head with long hair (really more tentacles).

And all those tentacles were now coming for him!

"I vould prefer to add your biomass to mein next projekt, but Doktor Vile is not above cracking some of de bad eggs! Muah hah hah hah hah!!!"

Ya know, if I had watched more movies when I was younger, I would have expected this... mused Rocket as he flew around the room like a complete spaz doing his best to evade the absolute horde of tentacles which he was pretty sure wanted to do very bad things to him while issuinig a slew of curses when they got a little too close. He tried to attack from an unexpected angle, but with so much stuff in the room there was really only one direction he could attack from, and that was head on. "How's this for cracking eggs!?" taunted Rocket as he went for a powerful straight kick to the Doktor's face.

Apparently Doktor Vile had a jaw of breakaway glass, for the mighty kick form RRG sends the mad biologist hurtling back to the far end of the corridor! He slumps down to the ground with a wet PLOP, and his tentacle-limbs merge back until he has some semblance of a humanoid body, though even then his parts are still a mismatched jumble.

Rocket stood there for a moment completly dumbfounded for a moment. He was tougher than that a moment ago, I know he was... Did he think he would have gotten me with all those tentacles, and didn't need defense? Whatever. Now I need someway to keep him contained.

Rocket looks around frantically for anything that can fit the bill. Sadly, he has no idea how to contain it, and even if Astro happened to have something here that would work, he had no idea where it was, or if it would still be functioning after the Doctor's rampage. He goes back over to where Doctor had landed with the intent to blast him if he got up again, then an idea occured to him. Wait, just because I don't have anything to contain him, doesn't mean anyone else doesn't. Rocket gets on the radio and calls up the Sergeant "Sergant, it's Rocket. I'm at Astro Labs, and I've apprehended the one who was assaulting it, Doctor Vile. He's a shapeshifter. Where's the closest facility that can hold someone like that?"

• 1 month later...

"What? Rocket, you're in one!" a young female voice responded. "Well, sorta. Who do yo think helped provide the materials and built the nullifiers for the cells at Blackstone? ASTRO Labs did!"

It dawned on Rocket that there would be several watertight (if not airtight) containers and chambers in ASTRO Labs, used in assorted manufacturing and testing processes.

Doktor Vile continued to lay unconscious.

"Right! I knew that!" said Rocket hastily as he "hung up" his radio. He flew over to where Doctor Vile was sprawled on the ground and picked him up. He then tore off through the complex back towards the labs. He was searching the labs for anything that could hold this guy and hadn't been damaged. He made sure to keep a tight hold on Doctor Vile in case he managed to wake up while in mid-flight.