The job

cosmicarus

Finally, he's still. Heavy looks up, his chest heaving inside of his suit. He doesn't usually go all-out for that long. The guy had said something about an actor before he finished up with him, so they're talking about some sort of kidnapping.

If he doesn't spot anyone around any more, he'll look down at Wrecking Ball and sigh. "What am I going to do with you now?" he thinks. He can either drop him off at the cops, or leave him somewhere out of the way as a warning. He stands there for a moment, then lifts the man up (which takes more effort than he thought), and flies him up to the roof to leave him there.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, he's still. Heavy looks up, his chest heaving inside of his suit. He doesn't usually go all-out for that long. The guy had said something about an actor before he finished up with him, so they're talking about some sort of kidnapping.

If he doesn't spot anyone around any more, he'll look down at Wrecking Ball and sigh. "What am I going to do with you now?" he thinks. He can either drop him off at the cops, or leave him somewhere out of the way as a warning. He stands there for a moment, then lifts the man up (which takes more effort than he thought), and flies him up to the roof to leave him there.

The idea is still offensive in its banality, but... with the room clear, I still reveal myself to none of my competition. And they seem adamantly determined to set things up so that no one who does not sign their silly paper can be paid. Ah well. A name is nothing. Give it away a thousand times and it remains a name.

Meanwhile, as the din of onset sounded outside, Satori stepped out of the shadows directly behind the big man and the twitchy little man, inside the storefront. Wordlessly, he reached out over the big man's shoulder, ignoring the two mens' start of surprise as Satori calmly picked up the sign-up sheet, wrote his supervillain /nom de guerre/ on the bottom of the list, and placed it back on the table.

Ignoring their reactions, Satori calmly walked back up the stairs towards the roof exit as the sounds of the brawl began to end...

The idea is still offensive in its banality, but... with the room clear, I still reveal myself to none of my competition. And they seem adamantly determined to set things up so that no one who does not sign their silly paper can be paid. Ah well. A name is nothing. Give it away a thousand times and it remains a name.

Meanwhile, as the din of onset sounded outside, Satori stepped out of the shadows directly behind the big man and the twitchy little man, inside the storefront. Wordlessly, he reached out over the big man's shoulder, ignoring the two mens' start of surprise as Satori calmly picked up the sign-up sheet, wrote his supervillain /nom de guerre/ on the bottom of the list, and placed it back on the table.

Ignoring their reactions, Satori calmly walked back up the stairs towards the roof exit as the sounds of the brawl began to end...

14 Gordino St, Southside - 8:02pm

The big man watches Satori disappear from sight, and once again the room is silent for a moment. The thin man speaks, "What're you acting so impressed about? I knew he was there..." The big man doesn't even look at his companion, his eyes resting on the place where Satori exited, "Sure you did, Benny. Sure you did." The thin man is offended, and goes to move in front of the big man, "What? I did!" Once again, the big man ignores him, turning his attention instead to the paper to see what this mysterious last guest had written, "Uh-huh." The thin man tried to contain his agitation, but it shows it's head in an increased tempo in his click. click. click. click. click., "You know, you don't show me any respect Bob. No respect. We been partners for how long now? And you treat me like some stranger..." As the thin man yabbers away, the big man puts the paper back on the table, "Shut up Benny and take a seat..." the thin man stops talking, but doesn't sit. The big man continues, leaning back on the table "...let's see who hits the mark first." The thin man pipes up again, going for a little stroll as he does so, "Isn't it obvious? Wrecking-Ball! The guy's a walking tank! I'd bet ten million that he'll walk away with the reward." The big man's back to staring at the place Satori vanished, and he speaks thoughfully, almost to himself, "I'd take that bet."

The big man watches Satori disappear from sight, and once again the room is silent for a moment. The thin man speaks, "What're you acting so impressed about? I knew he was there..." The big man doesn't even look at his companion, his eyes resting on the place where Satori exited, "Sure you did, Benny. Sure you did." The thin man is offended, and goes to move in front of the big man, "What? I did!" Once again, the big man ignores him, turning his attention instead to the paper to see what this mysterious last guest had written, "Uh-huh." The thin man tried to contain his agitation, but it shows it's head in an increased tempo in his click. click. click. click. click., "You know, you don't show me any respect Bob. No respect. We been partners for how long now? And you treat me like some stranger..." As the thin man yabbers away, the big man puts the paper back on the table, "Shut up Benny and take a seat..." the thin man stops talking, but doesn't sit. The big man continues, leaning back on the table "...let's see who hits the mark first." The thin man pipes up again, going for a little stroll as he does so, "Isn't it obvious? Wrecking-Ball! The guy's a walking tank! I'd bet ten million that he'll walk away with the reward." The big man's back to staring at the place Satori vanished, and he speaks thoughfully, almost to himself, "I'd take that bet."

As Heavy deposits the uncouth Englishman on the roof, he spots an entrance that he hadn't noticed before as he waited for the meeting to clear out. He probably wouldn't have spotted it this time, either, except for the motion that his radar picked up. He swung his head over, and spotted what appeared to be a ninja or something with a bow on his back, coming out onto the roof.

Heavy drops Wrecking Ball on the roof, looking over to the newcomer.

"I didn't see you in there. Were you hiding the whole time?" Heavy asks. He doesn't look too concerned about the threat posed by the man. After all, he managed to beat Wrecking Ball without even scratching his armor, and if this guy has powers, he's hiding them pretty well. His tone seems fairly polite all the same. If he heard what the target was, then Heavy might be able to get this prize after all. Before the man can answer, Heavy nods to himself.

" 'Course you were. You look like you do hiding a lot better than me. Still, I got my own advantages. I bet you heard who we have to grab. If we work together, it looks like you got the stealth, and I got the power to carry the guy back without hurting him. The two of us can beat out any of those other yutzes, and 5 million's nothing to sneeze at," he says. He sounds a little hurried, like he doesn't really want to test out to see whether the other people can capture the actor first.

As Heavy deposits the uncouth Englishman on the roof, he spots an entrance that he hadn't noticed before as he waited for the meeting to clear out. He probably wouldn't have spotted it this time, either, except for the motion that his radar picked up. He swung his head over, and spotted what appeared to be a ninja or something with a bow on his back, coming out onto the roof.

"I didn't see you in there. Were you hiding the whole time?" Heavy asks. He doesn't look too concerned about the threat posed by the man. After all, he managed to beat Wrecking Ball without even scratching his armor, and if this guy has powers, he's hiding them pretty well. His tone seems fairly polite all the same. If he heard what the target was, then Heavy might be able to get this prize after all. Before the man can answer, Heavy nods to himself.

" 'Course you were. You look like you do hiding a lot better than me. Still, I got my own advantages. I bet you heard who we have to grab. If we work together, it looks like you got the stealth, and I got the power to carry the guy back without hurting him. The two of us can beat out any of those other yutzes, and 5 million's nothing to sneeze at," he says. He sounds a little hurried, like he doesn't really want to test out to see whether the other people can capture the actor first.

It would appear that our power-armored acquaintance has some form of motion-tracking, given how easily I was picked up. So. Fight, flee, or compromise?

... compromise, for now. The other two decisions are irreversible once made. The third is not.

Satori, without apparent hesitation, smoothly replies to Heavy's offer.

"Yes, I did hear what you need to know. Mmmm... for now, you are welcome to travel with me while I am about fulfilling the contract. Should I require your aid at any step in the process, I will welcome it, and compensate you accordingly."

Satori paused, and continued thoughtfully.

"Actually, your first opportunity to provide aid will not require any waiting on your part. Do you happen to know exactly where the target lives? Our patron's two... representatives... only gave us an approximate location."

It would appear that our power-armored acquaintance has some form of motion-tracking, given how easily I was picked up. So. Fight, flee, or compromise?

... compromise, for now. The other two decisions are irreversible once made. The third is not.

"Yes, I did hear what you need to know. Mmmm... for now, you are welcome to travel with me while I am about fulfilling the contract. Should I require your aid at any step in the process, I will welcome it, and compensate you accordingly."

"Actually, your first opportunity to provide aid will not require any waiting on your part. Do you happen to know exactly where the target lives? Our patron's two... representatives... only gave us an approximate location."

Heavy shakes his head, "Sorry, and it wouldn't help if I did. No proof if the guy's at home, or partying on the town. At least he's in the city tonight, far as I know. No makin' movies out in California or wherever it is they film those things now."

"Still, if he is out on the town, then there's only a few neighborhoods he'd be in. Actors tend to go to the upscale joints. You want to look up his address, or look around the clubs for the guy?"

Heavy shakes his head, "Sorry, and it wouldn't help if I did. No proof if the guy's at home, or partying on the town. At least he's in the city tonight, far as I know. No makin' movies out in California or wherever it is they film those things now."

"Still, if he is out on the town, then there's only a few neighborhoods he'd be in. Actors tend to go to the upscale joints. You want to look up his address, or look around the clubs for the guy?"

"Address. If he is home, well and good. If not, I have an idea. So, since we will be working together at least for the immediate future, I am called Satori. And you are...?"

Wrecking Ball, still unconscious, moans very faintly. Satori looks down at him and back up at Heavy, puzzled.

Somebody who seems a bit squeamish.

"Address. If he is home, well and good. If not, I have an idea. So, since we will be working together at least for the immediate future, I am called Satori. And you are...?"

Wrecking Ball, still unconscious, moans very faintly. Satori looks down at him and back up at Heavy, puzzled.

There is a moan coming from Wrecking-Ball, and if anyone in the area had super-hearing, they may just hear the fluttering of eyelids made of steel. It wouldn't take a man with anything above average hearing to percieve the delapidated roof creaking under the weight of a, now concious, Englishman. The moan turns into a curse word as Wrecking-Ball tries to get his bearings. He rolls over, but as he does so, his weight breaks through the roof and he plunges to the ground - there is the loud clang of metal against concrete, and then nothing more.

There is a moan coming from Wrecking-Ball, and if anyone in the area had super-hearing, they may just hear the fluttering of eyelids made of steel. It wouldn't take a man with anything above average hearing to percieve the delapidated roof creaking under the weight of a, now concious, Englishman. The moan turns into a curse word as Wrecking-Ball tries to get his bearings. He rolls over, but as he does so, his weight breaks through the roof and he plunges to the ground - there is the loud clang of metal against concrete, and then nothing more.

"Just call me Heavy. There's a place not too far from here where we can search for where the guy lives," Heavy says. "I almost wish I had one of those 'guides to the stars' sorta maps right about now."

He glances down to Wrecking Ball, who's starting to move again. "Besides, might as well leave before he wakes up. He'll probably not be too happy when he does." Then, as the man crashes through the roof, he smiles behind his helm. "And neither will the employers, looks like."