• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Knievel: 24, Unharmed, 4VP

The Spartan: 22, Unharmed, 3HP

Malice: 15, Unharmed, 2VP

Big Lizard 10, Bruised 3, Stunned

Exile: 10, Unharmed, 3VP

Darkstar: 9, Unharmed, 3HP

Heh. I thought this guy would have lasted longer...

Do you guys still want to finish him off?

Up next, Captain Knievel.

Btw, when do you guys want this story to be set?

Okay, now I'm going to pull a tough one.

The Digging is from ancient Pankration, and is a battlefield move. Best used as a finishing move, it is used to literally rip out your opponent's guts and innards out on the ground.

Now since it is a killing move, I'm going to have to make it a double action, leaving me unable to move until the next round.

And there we go. I manage it barely . Fortunately the lizard might have a chance to pull me off. Now I have to do a constructive post around it.

You know that we can't do killings here unless for a really important story reason right?

To clarify: all damage is considered nonlethal unless explicitly stated otherwise.

And even then, it shouldn't be happening often. We're trying to keep this place like the DCAU or X-Men: Evolution, not 300.

While it may be the concussion I do find a bit funny that we're on a battlefield, with evidently powerful combatants, about half of whom are going to try and kill us if we meet them, and we aren't allowed to even try to return the favour and instead may only knock them unconscious; a condition which they'll recover from given about a minute (given how damned tough this guy was).

While it may be the concussion I do find a bit funny that we're on a battlefield, with evidently powerful combatants, about half of whom are going to try and kill us if we meet them, and we aren't allowed to even try to return the favour and instead may only knock them unconscious; a condition which they'll recover from given about a minute (given how damned tough this guy was).

Maybe this is a bad time to bring up how we never have or never will encourage PCs killing stuff. Maybe we should have said it before, sorry if it came out of the blue. :|

Also, the "all damage is nonlethal until the player explicitly says they're doing lethal" applies to NPCs run by folks, like the monsters and other foes Avalon is throwing at you.

JLU had several eps featuring big battles that weren't blood-soaked messes and no deaths were shown. One ep -- "Chaos at the Earth's Core" -- is the perfect exemplar for what's going on here.