Unspent PPs: 5

Characters Name: Seth Mondsee

Alternate Identity: Teke

Height: 6’1â€Â

Weight: 150

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Description: Child Prodigy/ Musical Genius/ Telekinetic Cancer Patient

History: Seth is the child of Monica Jimenez and Golo Mondsee.

Only with a more Emo/indie haircut....

Monica is a successful Runway model of Spanish descent, and is incomparably beautiful. Golo is an international business lawyer who is german. Seth is first generation American, the blending of Spanish and German parentage. He speaks Spanish, both Castilian and Catalan. He speaks German, via his father, and speaks Japanese just because it was difficult to learn.

Seth hit the genetic lottery when he was born/ The son of a Model and a lawyer, he excelled even above them. He was a beautiful child, and has been maturing into a very very attractive young man. But more than that, he was smart. Real Smart. He was speaking in 3 languages when most were learning to walk. He demonstrated a remarkable ability for math and music. His parents recognized him as a child prodigy, and testing confirmed it. With an IQ of 187, Seth is one of the smartest people on the planet, and he comes by this naturally.

His parents homeschooled him, sparing no expense on his education for the majority of his life. He has mastered many musical instruments, his favorite being the guitar, and the violin. He does math at a level only seen at the best graduate programs of Ivy League Schools. He has already passed his GED, and he scored a 36 on the ACT. But before he went off to college, his parents decided that he needed some more socializing, so they shipped him off to North Bay Private School. He hates it and he loves it. He’s kinda an Indie Kid, and high school is hard for someone who never went to middle school.

He’s 16 now, and the headaches started a year ago. 3 months of constant headaches and he started to worry. The diagnosis was greater cause. Cancer. Two years, maybe three. He was going to get sick…and there is not a lot that anyone can do about it. He’s going to start chemo soon…but he wants to wait till a school break. He’s just starting to fit in, and well, there’s this girl. Megan Howell. His dad knows her dad. He’s known her for years. She gorgeous. And well, recently there is something about her that he just can’t put his finger on. Something about her…. She doesn’t taste like everyone else does. She is special. And well, other than being a genius. He has a secret too.

Seth has been telekinetic since he was 14. Not just a little….a lot of telekinetic. His own power scares him. The things he can do. Anything he can “do the math on†he can make happen. It’s all just physics and math and mind over matter to him.

Seth’s cancer is a clarion call. It’s time for him to make a difference. Then he can go under the knife. Because for all he knows….it’s his cancer that gives him his powers

Stats:

STR 8(-1)

DEX 14 (+2)

CON 8(-1)

INT 23(+6)

WIS 14(+2)

CHA 18(+4)

BAB: +6(from powers)

BDB: +6(from powers)

Initiative: +2

Saves:

Toughness -(-1/ +10 Impervious/ +14 Impervious 13)

Fortitude -(-1)

Reflex -(2)

Will 8(+10)

Skills: Bluff 4(+8/+16*),

Concentration 6(+6),

Craft Mechanical 5(+11),

Diplomacy, (+4/+12*)

Knowledge [Art] 3(+9),

Knowledge [Technology] 12(+16),

Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 12(+16),

Language 4[spanish(Castilian, Catalan) German, Japanese],

Notice 3(+5),

Perform [Percussion Instruments] 8(+12),

Perform [Wind Instruments] 8(+12),

Perform [string Instruments] 15(+19),

Perform [singing] 12(+16),

Sense Motive 4(+6),

Feats: : Combat Feats 1: (Move by Action) Fortune Feats 2: (Luck 2) General Feats 6: (Benefit [Wealth] 2, Equipment 2, Lightning Calculator 2) Skill Feats 3: (Attractive 2, Fascinate[Perform])

Powers: Ranged Tactisis- Super-Senses- Ranged Touch + Analytical Touch [Cost 3]

I Can Fly!- Flight 2(Power Feat: Subtle) [Cost 5]

Big-Ole Telekinetic Array- Battle Configuration- Blast 10 (Power Feats: Homing 2, Subtle) & Force Field 11 (Impervious 10; Power Feat; Subtle) [Cost 45]

AP-1-Psychokinesis- TK 14 (Perception: Power Feats: Precise, Subtle) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1] (Power Note: I Will Never throw something as a weapon for more than 10 damage…but I don’t feel that that is worthy of getting points back for, the 14 ranks is supposed to represent the strength of what he can lift) [Heavy Load 200 Tons]

AP-2-Internal Decimation- Blast 14 (Alt Save-Fortitude: Power Feat: Subtle) [Real Cost 43] [Cost 1]

AP-3-Area Pinball- TK 10 (Area-Burst, Selective Attack: Power Feats: Subtle, Precise) [Real Cost 42] [Cost 1] [Heavy Load 12 Tons]

AP-4- Shove- Trip 16 (Knockback 10, Perception Range: Power Feat: Subtle) [Real Cost 43] [Cost 1] (Power Note: Trip isn’t strictly limited by PL as it’s a strength check. So I don’t roll an attack roll, I just roll a die and add 16, if they other person fails their opposed roll, they get tripped and knockbacked as if I did 10 dmg)

AP-5- Mental Constructs- Create Object 10 (Impervious 6, Move-Object: Power Feats: Precise, Selective, Progression 5 (10-100 ft cubic blocks), subtle 2) [Real Cost 45] [Cost 1] [Heavy Load 12 Tons]

AP-6 – Turtle Up!- Force Field 15 (Impervious 13, Reflective 13[Ranged Attacks], Power Feat: Subtle + Immunity-Critical Hits) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1]

AP-7- Gotcha- Snare 14 (Transparent, Power Feats: Subtle, Reversible) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1]

[Total Cost -52]

I Feel Things- Enhanced BDB 6 [Cost 12]

I Know How to Hit Them- Enhanced BAB 6 [Cost 12]

Abilities 25 + Skills 24 (96 ranks) +Feats 12+Powers 84 +Combat 0+Saves 8 =153

Notes: He does math fast…real fast. 100 times faster than your average human, plus with his skill and study in the physical sciences, he does college level-calculus in his head. But he gets his joy from music. As you can see by his skill set. Child Prodigy indeed.

If the homemade disability is approved, then I shall up his will save appropriately. Depending on what level it is approved at, that’s the point value it goes up by. So if its 2…then his will save his 8, if its more or less, it goes up or down as such. I have a thread asking people’s opinion in the Character Question Board.

He built his own car. It is a Kit-Car, he built himself- image_gallery.jpg

Equipment: Sports Car- Strength 25/Speed 5/Defense 9/Toughness 8/ Size: Large/Cost 8ep

Masterwork Guitar +2 To Perform Check/ 1ep

Masterwork Violin +2 To Perform Check/ 1ep

He has a Greenfield Guitar, a custom masterwork guitar of which only 12 are made per year.

He has a Silakowski Violin, of which 72 have ever been made.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth Mondsee

Child Prodigy

Musical Genius

Cancer Patient

Telekinetic Kid

PL 11(158 PP)

Monica is a successful Runway model of Spanish descent, and is incomparably beautiful. Golo is an international business lawyer who is german. Seth is first generation American, the blending of Spanish and German parentage. He speaks Spanish, both Castilian and Catalan. He speaks German, via his father, and speaks Japanese just because it was difficult to learn.

Seth hit the genetic lottery when he was born/ The son of a Model and a lawyer, he excelled even above them. He was a beautiful child, and has been maturing into a very very attractive young man. But more than that, he was smart. Real Smart. He was speaking in 3 languages when most were learning to walk. He demonstrated a remarkable ability for math and music. His parents recognized him as a child prodigy, and testing confirmed it. With an IQ of 187, Seth is one of the smartest people on the planet, and he comes by this naturally.

His parents homeschooled him, sparing no expense on his education for the majority of his life. He has mastered many musical instruments, his favorite being the guitar, and the violin. He does math at a level only seen at the best graduate programs of Ivy League Schools. He has already passed his GED, and he scored a 36 on the ACT. But before he went off to college, his parents decided that he needed some more socializing, so they shipped him off to North Bay Private School. He hates it and he loves it. He’s kinda an Indie Kid, and high school is hard for someone who never went to middle school.

He’s 16 now, and the headaches started a year ago. 3 months of constant headaches and he started to worry. The diagnosis was greater cause. Cancer. Two years, maybe three. He was going to get sick…and there is not a lot that anyone can do about it. He’s going to start chemo soon…but he wants to wait till a school break. He’s just starting to fit in, and well, there’s this girl. Megan Howell. His dad knows her dad. He’s known her for years. She gorgeous. And well, recently there is something about her that he just can’t put his finger on. Something about her…. She doesn’t taste like everyone else does. She is special. And well, other than being a genius. He has a secret too.

Seth has been telekinetic since he was 14. Not just a little….a lot of telekinetic. His own power scares him. The things he can do. Anything he can “do the math on†he can make happen. It’s all just physics and math and mind over matter to him.

Seth’s cancer is a clarion call. It’s time for him to make a difference. Then he can go under the knife. Because for all he knows….it’s his cancer that gives him his powers

Stats:

STR 8(-1)

DEX 14 (+2)

CON 8(-1)

INT 23(+6)

WIS 14(+2)

CHA 18(+4)

Saves:

Fortitude -(-1)

Reflex -(2)

Will 8(+10)

Concentration 6(+6),

Craft Mechanical 5(+11),

Diplomacy, (+4/+12*)

Knowledge [Art] 3(+9),

Notice 3(+5),

Sense Motive 4(+6),

Feats: : Combat Feats 1: (Move by Action) Fortune Feats 2: (Luck 2) General Feats 6: (Benefit [Wealth] 2, Equipment 2, Lightning Calculator 2) Skill Feats 3: (Attractive 2, Fascinate[Perform])

Big-Ole Telekinetic Array- Battle Configuration- Blast 10 (Power Feats: Homing 2, Subtle) & Force Field 11 (Impervious 10; Power Feat; Subtle) [Cost 45]

AP-1-Psychokinesis- TK 14 (Perception: Power Feats: Precise, Subtle) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1] (Power Note: I Will Never throw something as a weapon for more than 10 damage…but I don’t feel that that is worthy of getting points back for, the 14 ranks is supposed to represent the strength of what he can lift) [Heavy Load 200 Tons]

AP-2-Internal Decimation- Blast 14 (Alt Save-Fortitude: Power Feat: Subtle) [Real Cost 43] [Cost 1]

AP-3-Area Pinball- TK 10 (Area-Burst, Selective Attack: Power Feats: Subtle, Precise) [Real Cost 42] [Cost 1] [Heavy Load 12 Tons]

AP-4- Shove- Trip 16 (Knockback 10, Perception Range: Power Feat: Subtle) [Real Cost 43] [Cost 1] (Power Note: Trip isn’t strictly limited by PL as it’s a strength check. So I don’t roll an attack roll, I just roll a die and add 16, if they other person fails their opposed roll, they get tripped and knockbacked as if I did 10 dmg)

AP-5- Mental Constructs- Create Object 10 (Impervious 6, Move-Object: Power Feats: Precise, Selective, Progression 5 (10-100 ft cubic blocks), subtle 2) [Real Cost 45] [Cost 1] [Heavy Load 12 Tons]

AP-6 – Turtle Up!- Force Field 15 (Impervious 13, Reflective 13[Ranged Attacks], Power Feat: Subtle + Immunity-Critical Hits) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1]

AP-7- Gotcha- Snare 14 (Transparent, Power Feats: Subtle, Reversible) [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1]

[Total Cost -52]

Notes: He does math fast…real fast. 100 times faster than your average human, plus with his skill and study in the physical sciences, he does college level-calculus in his head. But he gets his joy from music. As you can see by his skill set. Child Prodigy indeed.

If the homemade disability is approved, then I shall up his will save appropriately. Depending on what level it is approved at, that’s the point value it goes up by. So if its 2…then his will save his 8, if its more or less, it goes up or down as such. I have a thread asking people’s opinion in the Character Question Board.

Equipment: Sports Car- Strength 25/Speed 5/Defense 9/Toughness 8/ Size: Large/Cost 8ep

He has a Greenfield Guitar, a custom masterwork guitar of which only 12 are made per year.

Seth Mondsee

Child Prodigy

Musical Genius

Cancer Patient

Telekinetic Kid

PL 11(158 PP)

Stats:

STR 8(-1)

DEX 14 (+2)

CON 8(-1)

INT 23(+6)

WIS 14(+2)

CHA 18(+4)

Saves:

Fortitude -(-1)

Reflex -(2)

Will 8(+10)

Concentration 6(+6),

Craft Mechanical 5(+11),

Diplomacy, (+4/+12*)

Knowledge [Art] 3(+9),

Notice 3(+5),

Sense Motive 4(+6),

[Total Cost -52]

A note on his powers:

Ranged Tactisis is self explanatory- he feels things with his brain.

he can fly.

His big power set is variable. He can have multiple powers with a telekinetic descriptor. He has as single Ap off of it...which would be his main battle configuration. It's built on more pps that the "pool" his power creates, but it's a valid AP. It's his normal way of doing things, but note that it is not precise.

If he wants precise TK...or if he wants to hit his damage caps...or if he wants to have a big TRIP, or an AREA TK, or a forcefield that surrounds people he needs to access his power labeled DO THE MATH!

He'll have to drop his battle configuration and leave himself vulnerable to attack. If he maintains his shield as is, thats 26 out of 40 pts...so he'll probably drop it a few ranks... Larger effects of course take up a larger PP structure....You know if he needs to lift a 747 for example.

It takes a move action to configure...so anytime he's using the creative aspect of his powers it's a full round action.

If the power is approved...i plan on posting a large list of likely powers he will probably use, for the purpose of speeding up game play. I'm a very good telekineticist, and am happy to demonstrate the various uses of the power that i am talking about. But given Seth's intelligence, i decided to go with a little less power for mroe versatility, as his original build was an even more complicated partially dynamic array that was equal in cost making him a larger beast, especially in terms of extra effort. This simplifies him, and bring his PP total for most of his power use down a little....and when he does use extra effort...shows how powerful he really is....he goes from 40 pps of flexibility to 57 pps of raw power, and can do some truly hideous things. But in exchange it tickles his brain funny and he gets all sick and tired. Damn cancer

His telekinesis is of the invisible kind, and all of his powers will ALWAYS be appropriately subtle.

This character comes from the same game originally that Thevshi's velocity character comes from. they have a history and a backstory, etc...

A note on his powers:

he can fly.

His big power set is variable. He can have multiple powers with a telekinetic descriptor. He has as single Ap off of it...which would be his main battle configuration. It's built on more pps that the "pool" his power creates, but it's a valid AP. It's his normal way of doing things, but note that it is not precise.

If he wants precise TK...or if he wants to hit his damage caps...or if he wants to have a big TRIP, or an AREA TK, or a forcefield that surrounds people he needs to access his power labeled DO THE MATH!

He'll have to drop his battle configuration and leave himself vulnerable to attack. If he maintains his shield as is, thats 26 out of 40 pts...so he'll probably drop it a few ranks... Larger effects of course take up a larger PP structure....You know if he needs to lift a 747 for example.

It takes a move action to configure...so anytime he's using the creative aspect of his powers it's a full round action.

If the power is approved...i plan on posting a large list of likely powers he will probably use, for the purpose of speeding up game play. I'm a very good telekineticist, and am happy to demonstrate the various uses of the power that i am talking about. But given Seth's intelligence, i decided to go with a little less power for mroe versatility, as his original build was an even more complicated partially dynamic array that was equal in cost making him a larger beast, especially in terms of extra effort. This simplifies him, and bring his PP total for most of his power use down a little....and when he does use extra effort...shows how powerful he really is....he goes from 40 pps of flexibility to 57 pps of raw power, and can do some truly hideous things. But in exchange it tickles his brain funny and he gets all sick and tired. Damn cancer

His telekinesis is of the invisible kind, and all of his powers will ALWAYS be appropriately subtle.

This character comes from the same game originally that Thevshi's velocity character comes from. they have a history and a backstory, etc...

A note on his powers:

he can fly.

I didn't know, I'm sorry. I searched the Game Rules section for things i was in violation of.

This accurately describes my character concept, so I think I'll wait. IF circumstances are against me, so be it.

If it would help my case, I'll go ahead and start posting sample uses of the variable array. Just let me know what i can do to help myself.

I didn't know, I'm sorry. I searched the Game Rules section for things i was in violation of.

This accurately describes my character concept, so I think I'll wait. IF circumstances are against me, so be it.

If it would help my case, I'll go ahead and start posting sample uses of the variable array. Just let me know what i can do to help myself.

There is nothing in the rules about it yet. All of the "denials" were done "unofficially" in the chat or by PM when the concepts were first pitched. We didn't want a hard and fast rule to leave the option open, but we finally need to decide: yes, no, only under certain circumstances.

I don't think we need samples. We are fully aware of all that can be done with a variable power with a broad descriptor like "telekinetic." We just need to hear from all the Refs, and many of them aren't on on the weekends.

There is nothing in the rules about it yet. All of the "denials" were done "unofficially" in the chat or by PM when the concepts were first pitched. We didn't want a hard and fast rule to leave the option open, but we finally need to decide: yes, no, only under certain circumstances.

I don't think we need samples. We are fully aware of all that can be done with a variable power with a broad descriptor like "telekinetic." We just need to hear from all the Refs, and many of them aren't on on the weekends.

thanks for the suggestion,

i have an alternate power array already, but it doesn't manage to accomplish the flavor I'm going for. This is by far the simplest solution.

Not that i can't play around with it, if things don't come back in my favor.

i have an alternate power array already, but it doesn't manage to accomplish the flavor I'm going for. This is by far the simplest solution.

After a prolonged discussion here is what we decided to add to the character creation rules:

The Refs will not approve "from scratch" variable arrays, but will consider the use pre-constructed variable arrays in UP (Shapeshift, Adaptation, etc.) on a case-by-case basis.

Sorry. :(

After a prolonged discussion here is what we decided to add to the character creation rules:

The Refs will not approve "from scratch" variable arrays, but will consider the use pre-constructed variable arrays in UP (Shapeshift, Adaptation, etc.) on a case-by-case basis.

Stats:

STR 8(-1)

DEX 14 (+2)

CON 8(-1)

INT 23(+6)

WIS 11(-)

CHA 18(+4)

Saves:

Fortitude -(-1)

Reflex -(2)

Will 8(+8)

Concentration 6(+6),

Craft Mechanical 5(+11),

Diplomacy, (+4/+12*)

Knowledge [Art] 3(+9),

Notice 3(+3),

Sense Motive 4(+4),

I Can Fly!- Flight 3(Power Feat: Subtle) [Cost 7]

Big-Ole Telekinetic Array- Battle Configuration- Blast 10 (Power Feats: Accurate 2, Subtle) & Force Field 11 (Impervious 10; Power Feat; Subtle) [Cost 45]

AP-8- Touch Range Telekinesis- Super Strength 22( Heavy Load= 157,285 Tons] [Real Cost 44] [Cost 1]

[Total Cost -53]

Drawbacks: Disability: **Sickness 3pp (When Using Extra Effort also gets a Sickened condition)

Abilities 22 + Skills 24 (96 ranks) +Feats 12+Powers 87 +Combat 0+Saves 8-Drawback 3=150