Otherworldly Outings (IC)

The creature finally seemed to notice Malice was there. Or somewhere in the area. Maybe it was all the noise from the heavy weapons that led the creature to lash out at him. Malice was just barely unable to squeak away from the blow due to all of the concentration he was putting on offense.

---

"Malice!" Captain Knievel was worried about his friend, but the best thing he could do was keep this creature roped down and hope the other creature wouldn't get any more lucky shots. "Damnit! You've got to concentrate, man! Stop getting mad at me and start getting mad at him!"

---

The creature that was roped down by Captain Knievel strained against the ropes. Unfortunately, it was unable to keep it's crystalline body from cracking even more! It struggled to get out of the hold, but Captain Knievel's strength was too much for it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malice took the hit on the chin. It hurt, but didn't nearly come close to taking him out of the fight. "Hey! I'm an evil genius! I get mad at whoever the hell I want! It's what I do!" Malice turns to the giant creature that just swung at him. "Ya got that rocks for brains!" Malice stopped yelling at everything long enough for him to barrage the creature again. "--just like the Germans!" Apparently, he had not stopped yelling, but the gun fire had drowned out his shouting.

Bullet holes riddled the creature as it tried to stave off yet another attack. It was, however, entirely unsuccessful. After the bullets stopped firing, the creature stopped moving. It's enormous body fell over into the pond on the side of the room.

---

"Yea! One down and one to go!" Captain Knievel did his best to maintain his grip on the creature. "I'll hold him down for you!"

---

The creature wasn't able to do anything but struggle. But struggle it did! However at this point in the fight, there was no hope of it escaping from Captain Knievel's grip! It was a sitting duck waiting for judgment from Malice.

The iron fist shattered more crystalline bits off of the creature. That was all she wrote for the creature.

Captain Knievel released the laser lasso when he saw the creature go limp. It fell to its knees, roaring, then limply fell straight onto it's face. The pair of creatures began slowly dissolving into the rocks at their feet.

"Wieeeerd!" Captain Knievel groaned. He retracted the laser whip into the adrenaline cannon. "Well at least this confrontation worked out better than that last one. That clobbering that you gave the thing was awesome!"

"It damn well should have been, I'm pooped. Seriously I could have demolished a 15 story building in the same time I was clobbering that thing. Alright, let's grab a crystal and get out of here before more of those things show up. You check over on that side over there, and I'll take this area. Remember, we're looking for one with a golden vein running through it."

They're only a few minutes into their search before Malice calls out "Found something!" When Knievel ventures to the area, Malice points at the pool of water. "There's another tunnel that leads further into the caverns here. I think we should check it out."

"Yea, alright." Captain Knievel replied. He lined up at the water's edge. "As if the freezing air wasn't enough!" He dove into the pool and began swimming for the tunnel in the wall.

Once he got through the opening, it became apparent that the tunnel widened, but luckily it enlarged as well. It ran quite a ways and he couldn't see the end. but at the least there were pockets of air here and there above the surface of the water. Captain Knievel surfaced in one of them and waited for Malice to enter the caverns.

" 'Sup." said a voice from inside the cavern. The Captain turned and then there was a bunch of lights forming an outline he knew all to well, Malice had beaten him there. "Don't look so surprised. I can see in the dark, I don't have to stop for air, and my rocket boosters can shoot me through the water just fine after a slight modification. Good effort though. What gets me however is how the water can stay water on a giant frozen block of ice, the temperature has never been even close to warm enough to be called "freezing'. It's quite fascinating really."

"Maybe its not really water!" Captain Knievel screwed up his face. "I don't know... You're the science guy. You figure it out. I'm just going to make a swim for it and see if I find anything in the next air pocket. Chances are one of these things might hold what we are looking for."

With that he ducked down under the not-so-water and began swimming away from where they had come. Only now he was afraid to open his eyes under water. He had to trust Malice's space suit, however. And what he saw when he next opened his eyes, surprised him.

A huge outcropping of crystal under the water seemed to glow with a soft gold light.

Captain Knievel hovered in mid stroke and pointed down at it, signaling to Malice.

Malice face palmed at Knievel. He called out over their comm link. "You know there's no breathable atmosphere here right? You've been breathing from your suit the entire time. And in case you haven't noticed the "water" isn't even touching your skin." Malice was right, Knievel was surrounded by a very thin membrance all around him, he would have probably missed that detail entirely if it wasn't pointed out to him. "What's that lassie? Wanna take a look at the crystals? Got get 'em girl." Malice laughed as he started making his way to the crystals.

"Damnit! He got me!" Captain Knievel grumbled. "Every freakin time!"

Captain Knievel began breathing normally. Tentatively at first just to make sure this wasn't another one of Malice's pranks. Soon enough he was breathing free and clean just like above the water.

Once he reached the section of crystal he eyed Malice before jumping on the intercom. "Well, take your pick."

Malice just laughed and laughed. Truth be told, he really did like the time he and Knievel spent together. He was just about the only true friend he had anymore. A little sad, but hey, you take what you get. You never really had truly intellectually stimulating conversations with him, but he's fun to be around. He's totally, mouth-breathingly, paste-eatingly, chasing the girls around the playground with a piece of poo-ingly stupid, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As the pair swam up to the cluster of crystals, a few sections of the crystalline caver behind the outcropping of golden crystal began to fall away from the wall.

The pair paid this miniature cave collapse no mind - until the shards that had fallen away from the shattered walls began to move! They formed into vaguely humanoid shaped crystalline objects. With strange looking spinning bits where feet should be, presumably aiding in their swimming capabilities.

"Hey, Malice, those guys arn't part of the mining crew, are they?" Captain Knievel quickly readied himself for another fight in this strange underwater environment.

"Yes they are. See I sent an advanced scouting team to this remote planet that's millions and millions of miles away from our home planet, using my hither to unmentioned secondary mode of interstellar travel. I designed this scouting party to look like the creatures indigenous to this planet that I only discovered for the first time about 10 minutes ago. And then rather than have this scouting party return to earth with the sample, I thought it best if they just hung out at the prize and jump out of the walls when we got close."

And jump out they did!

Two of the creatures began swimming around the pair of invaders. They moved into a flanking position at the edges of the cavern. From there they launched crystalline missiles at both Captain Knievel and Malice!

---

A third creature swam straight at Malice. He attempted to simply ram a crystalline spike straight into the armored fighter. But he missed horribly!

---

Captain Knievel recoiled from the crystalline shards that riddled his body. He remained unhurt after the attack, however. He swam around behind the creature that had attacked malice. He then delivered a flaming kick to it's spine that boiled the water as it traveled! The creature tried to resist the elemental attack! But Captain Knievel's assault proved to be too much for it! "Take that! You crappy Crystal!"

---

The last of the creatures began to swim straight for Captain Knievel! It too tried to clip Captain Knievel with a crystalline spike from it's arm! But it was way to slow to catch The Captain!

The two creatures near the side of the cave simply waited where they were. Their actions were puzzling, until the pain began to shoot through their bodies again. It seemed some of the crystalline shards that had gotten stuck in them from the last attack were expanding and causing more damage!

---

The creature that captain Knievel had injured was the only one that was slow enough to get hit by Malice's missiles. It one small explosion shattered some of the pieces off of his chest, but it seemed no worse for wear.

---

Captain Knievel was wracked from the pain of the crystal shards growing within him. He could not concentrate hard enough to press their advantage!

---

The last monster once again tried to make a stab at Captain Knievel. This time, his attack connected due to captain Knievel being injured and distracted! Captain Knievel is once again hurt by the attack!

The creature that had been attacked by Malice shattered into pieces!

Seeing this, the second creature attacked (1d20+10=18) Malice with it's missiles! Once again the crystal shards connected!

---

One of the two creatures with the lance on it's arm attacked Malice in an attempt to back up it's friend. This attack also connected.

---

All Captain Knievel was able to do was attempt to shake off the attacks against him. "Arrgh! Malice! We ahve to take these guys out fast!"

---

The last creature made another attempt to stab Captain Knievel again. But this time he had his wits back about him and the attack went wide.

• 2 weeks later...

The singular crystalline sniper that remained decided to switch his attack to Captain Knievel while the crystals expanded within Malice wrenching at his armor.

The creature swam around behind the two men and fired a stream of crystal shards at Captain Knievel's back. It didn't account for the movement, however. It's attack missed.

---

The monster in front of Malice smelled an opening. While Malice was busy being dealing with the damage to his armor, the creature made a swipe at his knee joint with it's crystalline spike. Unfortunately the attack connected. There was no telling out this might disable the suit as well.

---

Seeing his friend getting assaulted was too much for Captain Knievel. "Hold tight Malice! I'll pull him off you!"

This time The Captain tried something new. He switched the setting on his adrenaline cannon so that it wouldn't fire flames anymore. Captain Knievel swam behind the creature again and sent a blast of acid at the crystalline being. The acid blast smashed into the creature's head and began to corrode the crystalline form quickly! The creature staggered and was unable to move very well!

---

The last crystalline creature apparently had a similar mindset as the Captain. It swam after him in an attempt to get him off of the other creature. It didn't work, however, as Knievel was too fast to be hit by the slice!

Malice wasn't quite faring to well. The last two attacks rattled him quite a bit. For a few moments there, Malice had no idea where he was. If this kept up, Malice's armor wouldn't be enough to keep this "water" out. If it got in, it would in all likely hood, kill him instantly from the shock alone.

The monster in the distance decided to keep up its ranged bombardment on Captain Knievel. The creature's shot went way wide.

---

The creature that Knievel had just given a new look shuddered for a second. It seemed to be trying to hold it's form together desperately. There was no help for it. It was already significantly damaged. It didn't move. It just floated there. Was it thinking? Or was it just mindlessly writhing in pain?

---

Now it was his turn. After an underwater somersault that got him out of the way of his opponent's attacks, he retaliated. The acid blast had worked so well last time, he fired another one at the creature. This one connected as well. The creature shattered just like its counterpart earlier! "YEA! Lets take this battle, Malice!"

---

The last creature, seeing his friend get shattered by Captain Knievel swam over to Captain Knievel and made an attack on him. Captain Knievel was ready for this, however, and he managed to twist out of the way in the water and the attack did not connect.

"Okay, enough screwing around. Everything needs to die." Malice's external armor unfolds and without his jet boosters supporting him, he sinks like a rock. He plants himself at the bottom of the alcove and just unloads a barrage of metal at the missile - using creature. Hopefully, enough to kill it outright.