Otherworldly Outings (IC)

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp* Captain Knievel's boots echoed on the floor of Malice's base as he walked towards the research facility. The recording had told him that Malice had made a breakthrough in his research, but now he needed The Captain's help to move on to the next step. "Oh Malice, whatever would you do without me?"

Opening the door to the research facility, Captain Knievel deftly dodged away from the tentacle of octopus that was being kept in a large water tank near the door. "Ahh! What the hell, man? Why do you keep these things lying around?" He approached Malice's work bench which had a multitude of papers strewn about everywhere. "Anyway, you wanted to see me?"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's not true. I needed to see you, I didn't want to see you." said Malice with a smirk. Malice got up and strode around the room towards the octopus tank. "They're absolutely fascinating creatures you know. They can control each of their limbs completely independently of one another, they have 3 hearts, can change their skin color and texture to match that of their environment, and can squeeze through an opening no more than an inch around." He stroked one of the tentacles and it slid back into the water.

"I called you down here because, as you know, I've been researching a way to replace my arm. However the chemicals that corroded my arm also had another property. It causes extensive damage to your nerves, which is consequently why I didn't feel any pain when it happened. This is the reason that if my arm were to spontaneously regrow today, I would be completely unable to move it. But there is hope. I have found a way to repair the damage, but the problem is, that several of the compounds are not naturally occuring on earth. We need to go elsewhere to get them."

"Pfft" Captain Knievel scoffed at Malice's usual sarcastic wit. Someday he would realize how much of a use The Captain was. Someday he WILL be glad to see me.

"Fascinating, maybe. But creepy as hell." Captain Knievel busied himself with tapping on the glass as malice was explaining his arm dilemma. When Malice finished speaking, the Captain took it has his cue to ask more questions. Malice liked hearing himself talk, but if you didn't ask, he wouldn't tell. Captain Knievel decided to help him out. "Wait, by elsewhere, you mean like the moon or something?"

"Heh. You're close. No, unfortunately the compounds I require are not found as something as close as the moon. But on the other hand, that means I get to try out my new toy." Eric moved a few papers around on his desk, looking for something. He found a small remote, and depressed a button. A television screen descended from the ceiling, and revealed an image of a hangar that housed a ship straight out of a Sci-Fi movie. Naturally, it was painted red, white and blue.

"Behold, my second greatest creation, my flagship, Manifest Destiny. Now unfortunately, due to certain constraints, its weapons systems are quite minimal. But to compensate, this baby screams. So wadda ya say? Ready to go kick some alien butt? Oh and here's a survial guide. You should look it over."

"Aw YEA!" Captain Knievel shouted. NOW this was getting exciting! "Wait... We aren't going to have to wear any of those goofy space suits, are we?" Captain Knievel deeply loathed wearing any article of clothing that would obscure his beautiful physique.

"And do you have some sort of weapons system to work with? Or does your power suit still work?"

"Waaay ahead of you." Eric depressed another button and a panel on the wall slid up revealing 2 "suits". The one on the left was the Mantle of Freedom, but without the right arm. The other suit was actually 6 hoops of varying sizes. "Having an empty piece of armor is too much of a liability in space, and I couldn't create a suitable replacement, so guess I'll have to take the aliens on with one hand behind my back. I'm actually quite proud of the suit I designed for you." Eric handed the Captain these 6 hoops. "Where these two on your wrists, these two on your ankles, this one on your waist and this last one around your neck. It will create a nearly invisible force field around you that generates a fully functional life support system. That being said, it affords no other sort of protection. I couldn't get the field to do that without compromising your mobility."

"Well the first one on our list is Attari X-351. You'll find that astronomers suck at naming things. The planet is home to a rather large swath of tropical rain forest. Somewhere in this forest is a particular fruit. It's pulp has certain enzymes which I require. But of course, if it was simple as picking a fruit from a tree, I wouldn't have called you. Where there's plants, there's animals. While the life on this planet isn't sentient, they are quite ferocious. We'll need to keep on our toes."

"Sweet!" The Captain cheered! "I'll bet it has all sorts of noxious gasses and stuff that we can't actually breathe either!

Captain Knievel was practically shaking with excitement as they journeyed to the hangar. When they finally reached the ship, he couldn't hold back anymore. "Oh what the hell are we waiting for?!" He ran up the ramp that led into the belly of the ship without waiting for Malice.

Malice just stood there for a moment, armed crossed with a very happy smile plastered all over his face. Wait for it.... wait for it.... *BBZZZZZZTTTTT* A now quite smoky Captain in flung across the room. Malice pulls out a small little remote and hits a button. "We're waiting for me to turn off the security system so we can safely board the ship." Malice then slowly starts walking to the ship "Coming?" he asks mockingly over his shoulder.

Malice ran through all the pre-flight mumbo jumbo, most of which Malice had only barely just grasped so the Captain was at a real loss. The whole process took at least 20 minutes of Malice talking to himself in techno jargon and flipping the occasional switch. Finally, with a satisfying roar, the ship lurched a few feet off the ground and did an about face. "All systems are GO." Malice began strapping himself into a harness and remarked to the Captain "Buckle up. If you don't, I can only guarantee your death. This thing goes from zero to holy **** real fast." Malice adds while pointing to the panel that reads:

Light Speed, Ridiculous Speed, Ludicrous Speed

"Numbers cease to have meaning at the speeds we'll be going at. Now I just have one very important question for you: Do you want to do the count down?"

"Well, as long as we're quoting stuff..." Captain Knievel strapped himself in. "One! Two! Ten!" The ship screamed off! Gritting his teeth against the crushing G-Forces, Malice heard The Captain continue the quote. "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!"

Soon enough the surroundings as seen through the ships windows displayed a nice plaid color.

*KRACK-BOOM*

Everything came to a sudden stop. They were once again going very slowly. But this time they were drifting through the vacuum of space around an alien planet!

"Here we are. Let me just make the final approach, and try and find a good spot to set her down." While Malice is bringing the ship down, and image of a vivid blue plant that looks a bit like a shriveled up eggplant pops up on screen. "This is what we're looking for. We'll need 4 of them, more or less depending on the size or quality of them. Once set step outside, prepare for some crazy stuff."

The ship descended into the atmosphere slowly and well controlled, by Malice's well practiced hand. They managed to descend into a clearing of an enormous swampy forest. For miles and miles the marshes swept. From the air it indeed looked as though this entire side of the planet (at least) was covered in the dense vegetation. Finding even a single spot to break the canopy was lucky enough. Discovering that the scanners indicated they were within about 50 miles of the nearest sample of plant they were looking for was even better news!

Traveling through the dense underbrush for ages was not their idea of a good time. But Malice had dare not risk flight. God forbid his jet boosters lit one of the trees on fire, or worse, something attack from the trees while he was separated from The Captain. He was already down an arm, things could only get worse.

They approached a long stretch of swamp. Luckily, there seemed to be a solid bridge made of moss crossing it. They were within but a few miles of their destination now. All they would have to do would be to cross the marsh bridge safely and they would be on the home stretch. Nearing midway on the bridge there had yet to be any catastrophes. But karma was a mean mistress. The world began to shake, it seemed, and the marsh bubbled and frothed on either side of them.

Suddenly two exceedingly huge forms broke the surface of the water. Roaring with a primal fury, the moss covered plant beasts reared their four arms and great maws. Shrieking, they looked upon the two seemingly diminutive creatures before them...AND ATTACKED!

"HOLY @#$%!" Captain Knievel yelled, obviously startled by the creature's sudden emergence. However he was not so taken by surprise that he forgot his combat instincts. He quickly leaped into action.

Captain Knievel threw an aerial flaming kick into the face of one of the large creatures. He then landed on the mossy bridge again. He adopted his usual combat stance. Ready for anything he turned to face his foes.

---

The creature that had been struck by Knievel's strike reeled from the blow. The attack even succeeded in singing the creature's face. Some of the swampy goo that clung to it sizzled and dissolved from the heat.

Clearly the creature was displeased with the small man and his flaming feet! It turned to face him and pulled one enormous fist into the air. It attempted to crush him beneath it's mossy ill-tempered fist! Captain Knievel managed to avoid most of the blow, but the massive fist was so large that it ended up hitting him anyway! Captain Knievel gritted his teeth against the blow and managed to shrug most of it away. He was still hurt by the attack though.

---

The second creature seemed to notice that the second intruder was there. With a Roar, it decided to attempt to crush the shiny metal man where he stood. Another extremely large fist hurtled down towards the mossy bridge!

"@#$%! That hurt!" Captain Knievel cried. "Just hold on! I am going to try and keep one of them tied down!"

Captain Knievel lashed out with the laser whip from his Adrenaline Cannon and attempted to garote one of the creatures around the throat. He decided it would be best to keep working on the one he had already damaged. After he succeeded in wrapping the whip around the creature's throat it was all he could do to try and keep it tethered down! The creture struggled against his restraints! The creature was sufficiently tied down due to Captain Knievel's greater skill in restraining foes. Even as the creature struggled it began to feel the cords tightened around it's neck!

---

Seeing his friend get tethered by one of the smaller creatures, the second monster decided to focus it's attacks on him! It once again raised a large fist and attempted to bring it crashing down on top of the small man who was restraining his friend. *WHAM!* The creature accomplished nothing besides buffering the mossy bridge once more.

Malice picked himself up from the mud. "Okay, that sucked." Malice took flight until was about eye level with the beast. "You thought that was funny huh? Well guess who's laughing now?" There was a lot of mechanical whirring and Malice brought out his very most favorite gun, the Second Amendment. Malice was concerned because it looked like the poor creature could use more iron in it's diet, and he was happy to oblige and unloaded on the beast.

The hot lead poured into the creature's back. Every single bullet connected with the massive creature. It let out an enraged roar! The massive creature recoils heavily from the attack!

---

Captain Knievel continued to tighten the tether he had placed around the creatures neck. "If you keep the other one pinned down, I think I can handle this sucker!" The constraints did not seem to have as much effect this time, however. "Damn this thing is strong!" Knowing the situation was still dangerous, Captain Knievel maintained his defensive posture.

---

The creature which captain Knievel was restraining struggled against the tethers once more! Captain Knievel did his best to restrain the creature. But it was no use! The creature broke free! It turned, and in an enraged fury tried to backhand the man off of the moss bridge. Luckily, he was able to leap over the blow nimbly enough to completely avoid it!

And roar it did! It whirled to face Malice, and for a second he thought it had withstood the blast! But as it raised it's massive fist to attack, the creature simply slumped over into the water!

---

With one of the creatures taken down, Captain Knievel felt a modicum of safety wash over him. He did not let it lull him into a false sense of security, however. Seeing one creature fall was enough to spur him on and inspire him.

Captain Knievel planted his feet on the mossy surface, raised his arm and set his sights on the monster. *click* "Adrenaline Cannon! FIRE!" *FOOM*

The creature did it's best to rear out of the way of the blinding beam of light. But it was caught full in the face! However, the blast seemed to only take off a small amount of the creatures mossy flesh.

---

The monster seemed confused. It's friend was floating belly up in the water on the other side of the bridge, and there were two fly sized things shooting at it. It decided to take a swing at the one that had downed his friend! The blow connected solidly!

"Yea my bad!" Captain Knievel switched modes on his Adrenaline Cannon. "I think I got him this time!"

Captain Knievel pulled back and let loose another elemental punch from his Adrenaline Cannon. This time, the punch threw out vicious bolts of electricity at it's target. It must have been the sogginess of the target that made it so easy to hit. The bolts of electricity fried the target. But the creature managed to stay standing, and only roared its displeasure!

---

The swamp creature kept swinging it's head back and forth. It looked as though it was watching a tennis match as it tried to decide who it should attack. It's gaze finally settle on Captain Knievel, and it attempted to swat him off of the mossy bridge!

The crippling blow connected so hard with Captain Knievel that he felt bones shatter all over his body! "AHHH! @#$%!!!"

He was barely conscious as he flew through the air. As soon as he struck the first tree, everything went black...Striking tree after tree after tree, The Captain seemed to be leveling the forest - against his will!

The Captain sailed out of view and into the dense forest and the creature roared in triumph!

"Captain!" shouted Malice, for once actually sounding concerned. "Hold on, I'll come to get you! Once I make this thing pay!" Malice roared as he readied his weapon. He took his revenge on the creature, showering it with hot lead. Malice hoped that was enough, who knows what other horrors this planet had, and how many more the Captain's flight through the forest would attract. As far as he was concerned, the sooner they completed their mission, the better.