Quick Question

Prescient

Well as a variable power theoreticaly yes but the design of weapon creation is weapon only in general.

Also as variables are both very expensive and not the refs favorite thing to have bouncing around I suggest building an array of strike and blast with variable descriptors.

Well as a variable power theoreticaly yes but the design of weapon creation is weapon only in general.

Also as variables are both very expensive and not the refs favorite thing to have bouncing around I suggest building an array of strike and blast with variable descriptors.

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. I'm not a fan of variable powers, either. The idea is that the character has a device that can create (out of "hard light") any item it "scans" similarly to how the transformers scan technology to turn into in the movies. It is a device for an intergalactic character of the Lor Republic who protects uninitiated worlds from exploitation by the Grue and Stellar Khanate. Essentially, the device allows him to 'mimic' whatever technology the people of that world possess, so that he can blend in. It probably contains a memory bank of past scanned tech so that he can use it again, if needed.

How about Variable Descriptor? Also, I find that usually it's cheaper just to but a ton of AP's off a base power than the weapon creation itself, but to each his own.

Also, I'd be a bit leery about allowing armor and shields, it seems like it should only be used for summoning weapons. But I might allow a few points here and there, just not your entire toughness coming from it.

But that being said, I'm not too familiar with the rules for variable descriptors.

As I understand it, variable descriptor just lets you change what type of effect. Perfect for weaponry, since variable can be slashing, piercing, bludgeoning, etc.

It would probably be easier to just purchase blast with variable descriptor (energy, ballistic, piercing, slashing) to account for energy weapons, guns, or thrown weapons that he may use. Then, AP a strike off of it with variable descriptor (energy, slashing, bludgeoning, piercing) to account for melee weapons. The shield could be similar, and the armor would just be the base device that everything else is built into, I guess.

Still interested in the idea of copying other technology, though. Maybe a mimic, limited to technological devices? That could keep the variable power out of it (kind of), and he could power stunt past configurations off of the main power with extra effort.

Weapon Creation, capable of creating armor and shields? I wouldn't see why not, personally, since they are combat related equipment.

Because they are not weapons is why not.

The "scan and copy" thing you described sounds very much like Mimic (which is a Variable power).

Or you could just go with Gadgets (a Variable power that lets you make devices).

Or an Array with different settings ("blaster," "neural stunner," "camouflage armor," "goggles"). Buy the most commonly-used things as powers in the Array, and use extra effort to one-shot any rarely-used items.