A Picnic at Liberty Park (IC)

Cyroa

He stayed still, not feeling the need to move. Not having any muscles negated the need to stretch, though he somewhat guiltily watched her do so. "They made a sequel? Really? I didn't think movies made too many sequels. Or at least they didn't when I was around to watch them." He glanced at the clock, noting the time and that night was falling. He didn't want her to think he was presuming or being rudely forward. "If you don't mind me being here that late, I would be happy to stay and watch another with you. It will likely take me roughly another hour to solidify. But if you're not comfortable with me being in your place that late, I perfectly understand."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't mind at all," she told him. "I don't really sleep, and it's not like the neighbors will be scandalized. They didn't even see us come in!" She laughed. "As if they'd think anything about it. You can stay as long as you'd like." She got up to change the movie, walking around a little bit to stretch her legs while the unskippable previews played. "And if you never saw Ghostbusters II, you've got to. It's even better than the original, at least I think so. And hey, maybe by the end, we'll get our popcorn yet."

Dark Star nodded, still stationary. "As long as your ok with it. I didn't want you to feel pressured or awkward." He smiled to himself as she stretched and walked around, admiring the view for a moment, turning away before it became unseemly. "I'll have to see then. Well, as soon as your settled and had a break, start the movie and I should be solid halfway through."

"I'll let you know if I start feeling weird about anything," Stesha promised him with a laugh. "I'm not very shy about that. I tend to blurt it right out. I really like the idea of spending an evening with you. Especially when you're solid again." Turning on the second movie, she returned to the couch, once again leaving a space for Derrick when he was able to use it. "I love my apartment, but it can get boring and kind of lonely around here sometimes. I come from a very big family, and it feels kinda strange to live alone."

He smiled, not that she could see it. He was rather unhappy about being an energy being himself at the moment. "It's certainly a nice place. Has a nice feel to it as well. My apartment is rather...spartan. But then I'm seldom there."

"You've mentioned your family before. Busy and hectic times? I bet your holidays and all that are just as bustling as they were back then. More so probably."

"I don't know yet, this is my first year away," she told him. "Northwestern's not exactly a commuter college, but we lived right in town and I just rode in with my dad every day. Even when I graduated and got a job, I was only a half hour away in Chicago. But with the two grandkids and now Jasha's new baby, I'm sure things are going to be very exciting at Thanksgiving, and especially at Christmas." She smiled. leaning back and putting her bare feet on the coffee table as the opening credits began to roll. "Six kids and now grandkids too, plus aunts and uncles and cousins and whoever happens to be visiting from Russia this year, it can get noisy. Here, watch this, you'll like it," she told him with a grin as the movie started.

He nodded, interested in her family, but figured it would have to wait a while. He watched the movie start, idly wondering how long had passed between the second one being made. While he was watching, the majority of his focus was trying to pull back his energies, become human again.

Closing in on an hour later, he finally materialized. He blinked, took a minute to steady himself. He was always so wobbly and klutzy whenever he solidified as he tried to get used to everything. Finally, he moved over to the couch, sitting down next to Stesha somewhat awkwardly. At least he didn't trip and fall on his face after the first step. Bonus!

Stesha looked up as he rounded the couch and sat down, smiling as she saw that he'd returned to his normal self. "Hey, welcome back," she said warmly, scooting over to put her head on his shoulder. That position cuddled them up nice and close, so that she could feel the very human warmth and solidity of his body against hers. "That's much better," she decided, pleased. "Not that I don't like your crimefighting side, but this is the perfect way to watch movies."

Derrick smiled and slow wrap his arm around her shoulder, enjoying the smell of her hair and warmth against his side. "I couldn't agree more," he said. He fell silent, as the movie played on. And while he had never seen it, and it was entertaining to be sure, the fact the Stesha was lying against his side as he held her with one arm was something he was far more aware off. It was definitely the way to watch a movie.

The movie was entertaining, but Stesha had been thwarted once that day already, and she'd seen Ghostbusters about a million times anyway. "I don't want to forget," she murmured, "I owe you a thank you for saving me today." She scooted upright on the couch and kissed him on the cheek. "And another thanks for a lovely picnic," she added, giving him a more lingering kiss on the corner of the mouth. "I also owe you a cupcake, but that can wait." Putting light fingers on his cheek, she turned his face in her direction, kissing him on the lips. It was, she decided, even better that cupcakes, and she hoped he thought so too.

He smiled, almost without realizing it, as she kissed his cheeks. His cheek was warm and tingly where her lips touched. And then again on the edge of his mouth. He was about to speak and say something, responding to her. But all words were forgotten as their lips met, lost in the feeling.

For a brief second, he froze, surprised before his started again, returning the soft kiss. After going over two decades without such a touch, it felt so good he could have died right there. It was amazing, almost enough to make him forget or not realize she was up against him, almost sitting in his lap. Almost.

Outside of the sheer joy, the please of it, he was a little surprised. To him, it seemed rather sudden and forward. Though this was the third date. Perhaps this was normal? He felt rather out of touch sometimes. Should he be as surprised as he was? He wasn't sure...but he certainly enjoyed it. He hadn't had a kiss like that in long time. He'd forgotten...

He locked eyes with her, still smiling. "I think the cupcakes can wait a little while."

"Good," Stesha murmured back, her face a little flushed as she smiled. She kissed him for a few minutes and was happy when he returned the favor, and it certainly seemed like one good turn deserved another! They'd missed a fair bit of movie by the time she pulled away, her heart pounding. She didn't think she was quite ready for more than really good kissing yet, no matter what ideas her body had on the subject. "That calls for some kind of celebration, I think," she joked. Reaching into the picnic basket, she took out the last of the cupcakes and the cans of pop that had been ignored in favor of wine. She popped the top on her Coke, then raised it in his direction. "You're very good at many things."

Derrick was happily lost for several moments. Happy to simply hold Stesha, reveling in the kissing they shared. When they parted, he was flushed and breathing a little heavy. To say his body responded to her was something of an understatement. It was enough to make something think she filled the air with pheromones or something. The floral fragrance of the room was certainly more intense than it was several minutes before. But while his body might want want thing, Derrick's mind and morals said another. Continuing, as much as certain...aspects desire to, was not going to happen. Stesha was a lady and deserved to be treated like one. Moving that fast on the third date might be enjoyable, but he had no desire to simple use Stesha or treat her so poorly.

So it was that he was thankful, somewhat, for the breather and the drink, which he quickly fumbled open. Wit her so close, not that he was complaining, and one arm still lightly wrapped around her, it was a little hard. "Thank you," he said, voice a little rough for a moment. "And to you. A lady who is very talented and skilled and just as lovely," he said truthfully as always.

He cleared his throat a little, the smile still permanently entrenched onto his face it seemed. She had that affect. He attempted to find a safer topic before he said something else embarrassing. "Uh...so...why does it smell so strongly of flowers in here? I don't see that many flower in the room."

Stesha blushed pink, taking a long drink of her Coke to avoid answering. Since she couldn't chug the whole thing in one gulp, this was a necessarily limited reprieve. "It's ah, that's my fault," she told him. It's like, ah, in springtime, how the flowers open up and smell good to attract the insects? I think it's kind of the same idea, but it's me when I'm, you know, enjoying myself. That way." The blush, if anything, got even deeper. "It goes away after I shower." Reaching down hastily for a cupcake, she put about half of one in her mouth in one bite, before she said anything even weirder.

When she finished her explanation, Derrick blinked. Again. Well, many times before some sort of language started. "Ah... err... uh... oh... umm... ah... err... I... oh... wow..." If he hadn't already been aware of her close proximity (up against him), he certainly would be now. As it was, he was frantically trying to pull his mind up from where her words had directed it. Drinking the soda, all of it, at once, didn't help his thought process at all. They were alone. In her place. She was practically sitting in his lap. Feeling... you know. And he was feeling...you know. And she was looking so..darn, yeah... and she smelled so... man... wow...

NOT HELPING!

He had no idea how long he was looking at her, marveling and at the same time trying to pull his thoughts away from the...marveling and stuff. It was a truly herculean effort that let him blink and clear his throat. "It's... ah... lovely. I mean late. It's late. I should do... er.. lick... I mean go! Yes, go. Before I do... we do... uh... Not that I don't want to! 'Cause you're amazingly hot. I mean beautiful, not hot for... Uh... yeah. I wouldn't want to jump yo... I mean rush, rush this... Don't want you to think I just want to... uh... you know... " Deep breath as he tried to salvage...something unsalvageable. "Look at the clock... Time. Had a great time. With you. Perfect."

While Derrick stuttered, Stesha picked up a cupcake and unwrapped it, then handed it to him. He accepted and put it in his mouth to cut off the flow of words. They both sat quietly for a few minutes, eating their cupcakes in semi-companionable, semi-charged silence. Finally Stesha finished hers and wiped her fingers on a napkin. "I guess it's pretty clear the way we both feel," she finally said, a little tentatively. "I really like you, Derrick. A lot. And I really like kissing you."

She ran a hand over her hair, fiddling with the hairsticks that held up her braid, now a little crooked after all the kissing. "The thing is, I'm not really very... experienced with things beyond kissing and making out. I had a lot of very overprotective older brothers, basically right up until I moved out here. So I never... you know. Not that I don't want to!" She smiled. "Like you said. But I think maybe we both need a little bit of time to think about it, and make sure. I'd still really like to go on that trip with you next weekend, if you still want to, too."

Derrick did his best to not inhale the cupcake, if for no other reason than his fragile dignity couldn't handle chocking and spewing pieces of cake all over her. He swallowed, mouth dry, and reached for a soda. He opened it and took a quick sip to wash the rest down.

"I...uh...used to...ya know. Not a lot! Well, some. But... uh... with a couple girls... I, uh, dated... for a while. Not at the same time! Separate. Single. Didn't last, dating I mean, but... yeah. So...uh. I've...ya know." More soda.

He gulped and resorted, as he always did, to the truth. "Me too. I mean I really enjoy being with you. A lot. And kissi...and touchi...and ya know... everything." He cleared his throat a little. "Believe me. There are very few things on this world or any other that I would like more than to spend time with you. On this trip or otherwise. I just...you're... I don't want to rush anything. Or chance ruining this. You're a lady and should be treated like such. Not chased after and try to just get...ya know. The idea of spending several days... with you might make me stumble over certain words that I tend to have trouble saying... but that doesn't mean I don't want to. Far, far from it." Swallow.

Stesha took his hand in both of hers, wrapping her fingers around his. "Maybe we should try not to worry about it so much," she suggested with a little chuckle. "I promise, you haven't done anything to make me feel uncomfortable or nervous, and if I've felt unladylike, it's only been in the best possible way. If I feel like things are going too fast I'll stop you, and you can do the same thing to me, and we'll just have a good time. You make me feel special, and I really like that. You make me happy." Leaning forward, she brushed her lips across his, very lightly. "I just want to do the same for you, too."

Derrick listened, silently. Speaking wasn't working so well anyway. He skin was pleasantly warm as she held his free hand. And the light kiss was silky soft. He reached out and set the drink on the side table, missing a couple times but eventually getting it settled without spilling it miraculously. He swallowed dryly and decided to be a little bold. He wrapped both arms around her, and gently lifted, pulling her into his lap fully. "You make me happier than I have been in a long time. Whether it's... like... this and... stuff, or simply walking down the street. Just being near you makes things seem better, brighter, happier."

She settled in on his lap, giving him a smile that brightened her entire face. Putting one hand on his shoulder to balance herself, she touched the other to his face, running the backs of her fingers lightly along his cheek. "That's good," she replied. Kissing him again seemed like an excellent idea, except that it would surely be unwise after the entirely prudent suggestion she'd just made that they should wait and think before doing anything else. But the emotion and the position and the opportunity of the moment all provided much louder, if not necessarily stronger, arguments in favor. Oh, hell with it. Leaning into him, she closed her eyes and kissed him again, actions speaking much more clearly than words right now.

Derrick was fine with the idea of them slowing down and taking their time. His blood was already pumping pretty hard. Despite pulling her into his lap (it let him hold and see her, two things he was enjoying more and more by the second), he was still ok with the plan. His blood was starting to even cool, a little, well not much, despite the silky light touch of her lips.

Of course all of that went right out the window when she stroked his face and then leaned forward and began kissing him again. After that, his brain pretty much shut off for a little while. But while his logical thought process shut down, he still responded. Holding her tightly and returning the growing passionate kiss with fever became the world.

When they finally parted, all he could think of was to say, "Oh my..."

Stesha was breathing hard by the time they broke apart, a movement that didn't do much for either of their peace of mind. Her hairsticks had become dislodged at some point in the proceedings, leaving her braid to tumble down her back and a few loose green strands to frame her face. The air smelled like a greenhouse in spring planting season. She smiled at him, looking a little dazed. "You're really a good kisser," she told him artlessly, but entirely sincerely. She might have been more than ready to go again, but she had to catch her breath first.

Derrick was definitely flushed and breathing heavy. "You're... wow... yeah..." His arms still wrapped around her, the smell of flowers was amazingly strong and pervasive, he was intensely aware of her. Her breath, her weight on his lap, her skin, the touch of her mouth...

"Uh... wow..." He cleared his throat. "Not that I... uh... don't want to... uh... really, really do that again. 'Cause I do. A lot. A whole lot. Yeah..." He swallowed again. "But... uh... I'm not sure if I'm gonna want to stop... if we start that again..."

"Yeah..." she agreed. "I know the feeling." She rested her hands on his chest a moment, feeling his heart pounding under her fingers as quickly as her own was beating. With a rueful sigh, she slid off his lap, sitting just far away enough on the couch to give them both a little space. "Yeah, I'm not sure either. And it would be fun, I'm sure, but, you know." She smiled at him, still a little breathless. "It's getting kind of late, and we already missed everything but the credits in the movie. It would probably be smart to call it a night."

He nodded, sort of happy to have some time to cool off. He still couldn't help smiling at her though. He stood up slowly, relaxing his breathing. He turned and offered her a hand up. Once she up, he held onto her a moment longer. "I had a great time today. Start to finish." He leaned forward for a short kiss, lest they end up back on the couch. "Looking forward to next weekend too."