Mecha Manga

Prescient

So, I just got my hands on this nifty piece of source material. I was reluctant to buy it at first, given the large amounts of fluff in many of the sourcebooks, but I really like this one.

How much of it are we going to be able to implement here, though? There are a lot of cool things that scream Manga (combo point powers, etc), which is kind of outside of the 'Ages' of comics. Although, many of those things could be described differently to work with the 'standard' comic explanations.

Mecha and Manga is a book about manga and anime. Freedom City is a setting about comic books and superheroes. While I'm sure some feats will slip through the cracks, and as said above we don't have any blanket bans on the book and its contents right now, I encourage you to build your character using as little of MeMa as possible. :)

I think it was Avenger who said the first person to say "Captain Thunder-San" gets banned :P

Dammit! That was the basis of my whole concept! :rotfl:

Mecha and Manga is a book about manga and anime. Freedom City is a setting about comic books and superheroes. While I'm sure some feats will slip through the cracks, and as said above we haven't actually banned everything from the book yet, I encourage you to build your character using as little of MeMa as possible.

Got it. After actually reading the book, there are only a few things I would consider building into a character anyway (aside from playing in an actual Manga-themed game).

*AHEM*

That being said, I will be the first one to pull out the Ban-Hammer on anyone who utters the phrase “Captain Thunder-samaâ€Â.

Basically, if it's an anime -only trope, don't bring it here. If it could work with something from Western comics, give it a shot.