Unusual Disability

Gaea

I have a character who is sick with cancer

and i want to give him disability...The disability i want to give him is: Whenever he uses Extra effort, in addition to the Fatigue level, he also gets a nausea level. I.E..... he would get nauseous and fatigued, and then get sickened and exhausted.

The strain of using his powers in his weakened condition etc...

I could see putting that in the 2-5 pp range. Because there is no resisting it. It simply happens. I'm thinking 3 pps.

What do you think?

and i want to give him disability...The disability i want to give him is: Whenever he uses Extra effort, in addition to the Fatigue level, he also gets a nausea level. I.E..... he would get nauseous and fatigued, and then get sickened and exhausted.

I could see putting that in the 2-5 pp range. Because there is no resisting it. It simply happens. I'm thinking 3 pps.

What do you think?

What do you think?

If . . .

1. This happens every time you use Extra Effort

and . . .

2. The use of a Hero Point to cancel the Fatigue from Extra Effort doesn't affect the Nausea (you are Nauseated even if you use a Hero Point after Extra Effort)

and . . .

3. You are automatically nauseated (only a single move action) with no save,

. . . then I would probably price this at 4 PPs (Common, Major Intensity).

If . . .

and . . .

2. The use of a Hero Point to cancel the Fatigue from Extra Effort doesn't affect the Nausea (you are Nauseated even if you use a Hero Point after Extra Effort)

and . . .

If . . .

and . . .

and . . .

1) yes

2) yes- although i was thinking that if you spend the HP you can decide to cancel one or the other but not both.

3) not quite. I think i wrote it out wrong above. but you are correct in assuming that there is no save.

It's first time you use it--sickened....then nauseated. Then unconscious.

so if you extra efforted 3 rounds in a row...

1st round) fatigued and sickened

2nd round) exhausted and nauseated.

3rd round) dying. (from two bouts of unconscious)

1) yes

2) yes- although i was thinking that if you spend the HP you can decide to cancel one or the other but not both.

3) not quite. I think i wrote it out wrong above. but you are correct in assuming that there is no save.

1) yes

Granting these:

1) If you spend the HP you can decide to cancel one or the other but not both.

2) There is no save. The first time you use it--sickened....then nauseated. Then unconscious.

Then I agree with you . . . probably 3 PP drawback (Common, Moderate Intensity).

Granting these:

2) There is no save. The first time you use it--sickened....then nauseated. Then unconscious.

Then I agree with you . . . probably 3 PP drawback (Common, Moderate Intensity).

Granting these: