"The Impies probably are used to seeing T-Rexs and stuff around here," said Agent H, looking as relieved as the other teenagers to see the T-Rex was their friend rather than their enemy. "I bet they won't notice us if we come in behind one. If one charges their perimeter, or just gets into some business, it'll be a big surprise for them." She nodded, looking pleased at the strategic sensibilities of her classmates. "Let's do this thing."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That actually sounds like a pretty good plan. I can make it so that they don't see us coming on the cameras, they just see the t-rex." Breakdown made sure that his play list was still chock full of the songs he would need to keep his powers going. "That way the only way they will be able to see us is with their own eyes. And by then it's too late!"

The charging dinosaur proved to be a wonderful distraction for the sneaky Claremont students, its battle with the Japanese garrison noisy and very distracting for all concerned. With a little psychic push from Psyche, the T-Rex set off landmines and brought down heavy weapons fire on itself, getting most of the garrison to scramble and ward off the massive predator as it attacked from the flank. Eventually the T-Rex was driven off alive, but not without damaging the security perimeter approaching the island and tying up many of the guards.

That gave the kids the window they needed to sneak into the base, a heavily-fortified place that was a little intimidating to walk through. The Japanese had obviously been on Kaiju Island for a long time, and they looked like they'd come to stay. It was better not to look too closely in the science labs, they quickly learned; evidently medical ethics in Imperial Japan didn't cover the treatment of captive animals. The dinosaurs and other monsters of Kaiju were obviously being used for nasty experiments, the sort that would have been many times over illegal on Earth Prime.

This was not a happy place.

James kept quiet and close to his companions, hidden by their powers. His task was just to make a bunch of scientists more pliable once they found some. And to cause some hell by freeing some giant freaking monster right before they all got on the teleporter. So for now, he just moved along quietly with the others.

Once safely within the compound, Alex fell back behind the other three to mentally search the area for a possible scientist to force to work the teleporter. The last thing she really wanted to do was closely examine the things inside the facility but it was that or run, blind. She looked for a scientist that was alone or at worst in pairs. The less people they had to interact with the better.

"Lemme find us someone. Just take a moment."

There were certainly fewer cameras around than anyone on the team could have suspected, which made a lot of sense to their native guide. "Don't need 'em," murmured Agent H, the teenager obviously on a knife's edge. "Slaves got nowhere to go. Local wildlife's big enough to see fifty yards off. Even a servant'll yell if he sees a T-Rex comin'" There were a couple of cameras near the warehouse that the laborers at the base were evidently stored; destroying them wouldn't help matters necessarily for the teens but it might make life marginally better for the servants for a little while.

-

It took Psyche a couple of minutes, but she eventually found her way to a nearby scientist who was nowhere near any of his fellows. It took a minute or two to suss out the man's intentions, but it soon was obvious why he wasn't near anyone else. Hiding in a small alley between a corrugated steel lab building and the outside perimeter fence, the man was rolling up his sleeve and preparing a needle of something that was almost assuredly illegal on both Earth-Prime and in Erde's Japan. With a smile, he pressed the needle against his vein and pushed in.

A few yards away, another scientist was in the process of giving orders to her bodyservant, she and her male functionary the only human beings in the near-deserted laboratory that seemed devoted to great apes. On closer inspection, Psyche was able to recognize the features of the male servant with shocking clarity: it was no less than her own colleague at Claremont; Anthony Edwards, aka Whoop-Ant!

Quickly, Psyche relayed the options to her companions over a mental link. Once she'd projected the rather rapid series of images, she opinioned, 'The one currently drugging themselves would be the easiest but I think we should go for the woman and her servant. The lab's abandoned and Whoop-Ant might be on our side if we take her out. If not, I think we can deal with them both. What do you guys think?

Psyche started moving towards the woman as she communicated with her compaions. She hadn't had a lot of field training but she was sure that staying in one place too long wasn't a good idea.

James shrugged and kept his voice low even though it probably didn't matter much given the concealing Eddie was doing. "Doesn't matter to me. I can hit a group of them with some love whammy if they are close enough. Lead on and when you want me to charm them, say the word."

"Yea that sounds good. I think mr. druggie is a bad Idea. We want someone coherent enough to operate the equipment. That being said, keep in mind that people can see and hear us clearly. I can only conceal us from machines. That and I am not as good a fighter while I keep this concealment up. Given the lack of cameras, I really should just pop the few off we see and then change to a different play list for the fight. What do you think?

I'm hoping there won't be a fight. Hellion and I will work on the scientist. Breakdown, you and H have Whoop Ant if he proves problematic. Kill any cameras in the lab before but I don't think we've got any in the lab. Psyche confirmed. She switched back to concealing the group from any minds that might wander in as they positioned for the attack.

James nodded at Alex before whispering to Eddie. "And by kill, she means hide from. Don't break them. That will interrupt the signal to whatever security room. Hence an alarm. And we're not quite ready for that." He turned back to Alex. "Ok, I'm set. As soon as I see them, I'll do what I can to make them more pliable. The smooth talking and your mental scans will be a go after that hopefully."

They approached the corner and paused. James nodded to the others, peeked out and focused on the XXX Japanese figures standing there. His ability to influence people was almost invisible thankfully, especially since it didn't seem to have any effect at first. He gave a mental shrug and simple walked around the corner towards them without warning, trying again as he went.

He greeted them in their own language, convincing complete strangers of their affection and feelings for him as if he was an old childhood friend. He needed their help and their information. He had no idea if Alex was doing the brain drain thing to get what they needed, but having several dedicated and loyal helpers couldn't hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Soon Hellion had the Japanese scientist eating out of his hand, even as their minds naturally opened up to Psyche's mental influences. It didn't take her long to pick out the instructions for how to operate the teleporter, this particular scientist had fairly weak mental defenses. With what she had here, she'd be able to get them all home. Whoop-Ant was another story; the teen hero on her world had comically weak shields around his mind. But here, someone had taken the time out to armor this boy's psyche with gusto! He took a step towards James, giving the big smile of his "master" a second late.

The scientists were all putty in moments. But there was a snag of course. James really would have loved to be able to communicate silently with everyone else at times like this. Oh well, he'd just wing it. James nodded with a smile, turning to let Ant step beside him, including him in the circle of people. As soon as Ant stepped up next to him, James brought one hand down, hard, on the back of Ant's neck. "Don't know why, but he was faking being nice."

"I know what she knows. Enough to get us to the others," Psyche said firmly. After a second of hesitation, she lifted her chin and met the Japanese scientists gaze. It was rare that she really used the full force of her powers against another person's brain. However, she was currently trapped halfway around the world from half of her friends, in a dimension filled with very bad people doing some very bad things. The scientists will snapped under the pressure she exerted and the worst part of it was it was so very easy, "And her will is now mine. I'll need you to make her understand me, Hellion."

Hellion looked down at Ant. "Hope I didn't break him...did I mention that I can be super strong?" He hadn't been entirely forthcoming with all of his abilities at once. Too likely someone would connect the dots. Sooner or later sure. But he was putting it off for as long as possible. "Think you can find out why he was faking? Probably a spy but..." he shrugged before nodding. "Sure," he said, translating for her.

"Okay, here's what I think you should do. You're going to use your clearance to get in and then do whatever you can to set the big lizard free. Whatever will be most likely to work." Alex said to the scientist, her control still firm over the woman. "We can try and check on Whoop Ant if you want. He might just be more resistant to things."

She added the last a little doubtfully.

Agent H insisted they bring the unconscious Whoop-Ant with them as they headed for the teleporter, the kids going invisibly behind the mind-controlled Japanese scientist. "It's very important," she murmured. "Potentially vital to the security of all of us." She gladly took control of the body, slinging him over her shoulder as they went. Inside the teleport control room, they were lucky enough to find only one guard on duty, who Agent H took out with a well-placed pistol-whipping without breaking stride. That left them with a problem, however, one that didn't have any immediate solutions. As Psyche quickly discovered, their prisoner knew how to work the teleporter perfectly, but didn't know the security codes for this week. They could get away fine, but they'd need a distraction to keep a big chunk of the Japanese army from following wherever they went.

Once they were all in the room and realized they needed the distraction, James grinned widely. "I'm on it! You get the code, and make it fast. You're going to have one giant monster causing trouble in like 2 or 3 minutes." Chuckling, he vanished from view, teleporting to the darkened rafters of the warehouse. He watched for a quick moment, picking a spot and time when he could get right up next to the thing. Another blink and he appeared, crouching in the curve of the creature's neck. "Whew. You need a bath and some serious exercise there tubby," he whispered.

He concentrated and summoned forth something else they didn't know he could do. A rather large and evil looking black blade appeared in his hands. "Let's have some fun," he said and brought the blade scything down, right through the massive control collar. Or tried to. It didn't quite split open. So...he hit it again! "There we go," he said to himself as the thing split open, sparking and suddenly dying out. Unfortunately the giant monster seemed a bit sluggish. "Psst. Freedom calls ugly. Now..." He frowned. This sucker obviously was going to need reminding that it was free. Of course, since James was one something of a clock, the options were limited. So, back to basics.

He blinked, teleporting once more, appearing about halfway down the thing, still hiding in it's shadow. Summoning the blade once more, James readied himself. And with a mighty blow, he stabbed the thing in the buttock. Or what would be buttocks if a giant monster had buttocks. He realized that is wouldn't really do damage to the thing, but it'd certainly get it's attention. As the giant hand/claw came slamming down in annoyance, James teleported away. He missed the oddly confused expression on the creature's face but everyone heard what was coming next.

Appearing back in the control room, James mock dusted his hands off, grinning. "Too bad we can't tape this. But we should really go. Like right now."

The human screaming came first, and then the gunfire. Before that came a sudden, violent vibration from the ground, and as the teens looked out the window they saw a massive purple head rise out of the giant warehouse opposite them and keep rising. The multi-story behemoth that was Gigantosaur was free and would not be denied! Laughing off the bullets fired by the garrison below, the great beast took a step out of the crumbling warehouse, the sound of explosions all around it, and threw back its massive head to give a roar out of history! REEAAARRRRGGGHHHH! And with that, it began heading for the enclosure that the kids remembered held the baby Gigantosaurs, and also heading right for them!

After pausing a moment to stare in abject horror at the giant monster, Hellion's words jerked Psyche back to the present as she began to push buttons and pull levers with a reasurringly calm focus.

"Right, right," she agreed as she twisted the dial and flipped a few more switches, "It'll just take me a second or two. Don't want to miss anyone. Or worse, splinch us in a wall."

Finally, she threw the large switch that should if her calculations were correct, send them off to meet up with their friends in America, before running to jump on the pad.