"Okay, that I can handle." Breakdown nodded in confirmation. "I'm with you all the way, Psyche"

Breakdown considered the large monster for a second. "Why would we need it to cover our escape? Once we reach that teleporter, we're gone. We should release it on our way in, that way it can run amok and no one will notice that we were ever there!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shrugged with a grin. "Who said anything about covering out escape? I just think it'd be hilarious, and mess with the bad guys some as an added bonus," he said. "'Sides, we don't know where we need to be for the others to 'port us out. Not gonna rock the boat till I know either way."

Agent H looked momentarily pleased at the willingness of her colleagues to go in and fight the bad guys, though she quickly covered the unfamiliar smile on her face behind a serious look. "I can stop the cameras myself if there's a need, but if Breakdown can handle that without giving us away, I can save my resources for the heavy equipment." She nodded. "I like the idea of releasing the dinosaur. Steal the plane, blow up some of the machinery, leave the bloody butchers here for the T-Rexs...it's brilliant."

"Alright..." Breakdown began, "I THINK I can actually do that. But! I am going to need psyche to use her powers to distract the guards because I am going to need to focus on making sure the cameras don't see us." Breakdown broke out one of his iPods and began assembling a play list. "The good news is that I should be able to disable any cameras by smashing them from a distance with a few sound waves."

Breakdown smacked a button on his iPod and some tunes began to play out loud...

"All our times have come

Here but now they're gone

Seasons don't fear the reaper

Nor do the wind the sun or the rain (we can be like they are)

Come on baby (don't fear the reaper)

Baby take my hand (don't fear the reaper)

We'll be able to fly (don't fear the reaper)

Baby I'm your man

La-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la-la"

"Remember, we can't leave things to chance this time around. We don't have Edge here so the odds aren't stacked in our favor." Alex said soberly, kneeling down and clearing a small section of the soil. Focusing, she used her telekinetic abilities to sketch out a rough map, "So this time, we'll have to out think them. That means we need a plan."

Pointing out the entrance and the areas of concern, "Breakdown, you're on cameras. That's your first priority and we want to hold off conflict as long as possible. Once the alarm's raised, I want you to take out any of their lighter weaponry. H, we'll need you to take out as much as the heavy stuff as possible. Both of you make sure that you leave the transporter alone. I'm more comfortable with trying to use that than figuring out how to fly a plane. If we can't use the transporter, we'll head for the plane."

Alex put a leaf in the map in place for the transporter. "If we get split up, we meet back at the transport device. Hellion, I need your help getting a scientist. If we get our hands on one, I can enslave their mind and they'll willingly work the transporter for us."

Her lips flattened. It wasn't part of her powers that she liked using but this was a serious situation. The others might be more indifferent, but Psyche was well aware of what releasing that monster was going to do. People were going to get hurt, maybe worse. She'd count the cost of their actions later, "That's our 'A' plan. Sound good?"

Hellion nodded slightly. "A scientist. Get them here? Well...If I can find a light one I suppose. I'm not exactly stealth guy though and a good chance I'd be seen. Once we're in though, yeah, sure I can convince them all to do whatever, no worries. If we're going in now, I'll 'port in behind the line and keep them busy I guess. Doesn't make sense to stay togehter when I can flank easily. Once you're all in, I'll link up with Alex to get the scientists for ya. And right after we get the 'porter going, I'll free the live version of Laughing Boy and rejoin you all."

"Okay hold the phone a minute, man." Breakdown said with accompanying hand gestures. "It's a great plan and all but we may not even need it!" He gestured to Psyche and himself. "We've got this thing lock stock! We'll be concealing the whole group (I hope!) If for some reason Plan A goes wrong, we can kick off your plan B. How's that sound?"

"We'll grab the scientist once we're inside, to work the teleporter." Alex explained. "I'm hoping it won't come to a direct conflict. If everything goes smoothly, we'll go in and disable the cameras. Nab the scientist and rejoin our friends. I don't think it'll be that easy, however."

She hesitated and then forged forward, wishing with all her heart that someone else was here to make those calls. "If it all goes horribly wrong and we can't get to the teleporter for some reason, we're going to release the monster first. We'll head for the science lab and cause as much havok as possible. Then, when they've got bigger things to worry about, we'll see about stealing the aircraft. So that's plan B. Let's all hope we don't have to use plan B. For now, we should start heading for the compound. We've got a fair bit of ground to cover and I'm pretty sure this place gets nastier at night."

"Not that close actually, I would say if your within twenty feet you should be fine." Breakdown began to really get into the song he was listening to, and before he knew it he felt...different. The transient feeling came over him and he let it flow outward. He could feel something working. He just hoped that it was what he had intended it to be!

Psyche nodded and stood up to scuff out the map with one foot before she focused on blanking them out to any ambient minds. Hopefully this would go at least somewhat smoothly. She sent one last thought to Phalanx as the small team headed deeper into the jungle.

Mike! We've got a bead on what looks like a teleporter. We're going to break into the base and see if we can come to you. Be careful! She focused a stream of supportive affection at him and turned her attention towards navigating the terrain. At least she could float and keep them concealed at the same time.

Travel through the heavy jungle was a difficult task for the Claremont kids, their citified upbringings poor training for pushing through rough jungle terrain. Though she'd grown up elsewhere herself, Agent H's experience in rough conditions made it a little easier for her to lead the way through the terrain. Hellion wound up picking up the worst of it as they went, weak spots in the path to stumble over and large insects interested in sucking demon blood seeming to particularly enjoy picking on him as they went.

Glancing back at the team behind her, Agent H was the first to overhear the noise coming from behind them. She held up her hand, a look of growing concern on her face, as the ground beneath their feet began to rumble ever so slightly. As the vibrations got louder and louder, she suddenly called out, "Quick! Off the path!" And none too soon as the kids dived off the animal trail into the shelter of the jungle on either side, because crashing through the trees, just behind them on the path, was nothing more and nothing less than an enormous T-Rex torn from the very pages of history, its hide a gleaming shade of pebbly bronze and its eyes set with a reptile's cold, pitiless glare!

Mike was not happy to hear what they were going to try. They didn't even know if the teleporter could get them here. However he also knew it was pointless to argue with Alex about it at this point and instead merely sent a quick 'Be careful, We're in the parallel of Freedom City but its under siege. So no telling how safe you'll be on arrival.'

He tactfully left out his concern that they wouldn't make it at all and merely sent a solid comforting emotional presence along to his longtime friend.

James decided he hated the jungle. Freaking massive insects the size of his head. This place sucked. If they weren't so intent on sneaking, he would have done a flash fry and killed every damn freaking bug with one satisfying burn. As it was, he had to settle for sucking it up and contemplating forests fires and the like.

When H warned them, he wasted no time in diving off the path and crouching low behind the foliage, not moving a muscle.

Startled, Breakdown silently zipped behind one of the trees in the forest. He was careful to stay on the same side of the path as Psyche. He knew the powers they were currently running were similar and he wanted to make sure he stayed well within her range. Besides a few startled pants he didn't make any noise.

Alex was thankfull for the training that kept up the psychic shield even as she skidded down the side of the path and into thr foilage. Her hazel eyes were wide and frightened, her breath coming in a few sharp gasps as she watched the TRex. Alex tried to remind herself that this was just a bigger cousin of the cute little bird dinasaur at school. Which actually gave her an idea...

Easing herself up to the edge of the bushes, she tried to get a good look at the creature. If it had a mind, she might be able to get the dino on their side instead.

The great beast stopped dead in its track, the psychic fingers tugging at its mind catching its attention. The giant T-Rex cocked its head in a strange way, licking its gigantic fangs before gazing about the forest with scaly thoughts behind its massive yellow eyes. It strode right up to Psyche, looking down at her curiously, before giving a low, deep grunt and ducking down to scoop her up right out of her hidey-hole! The T-Rex carried Alex by the back of her jacket, lifting her way up above the ground as it turned away from the still-hidden teens.

Alex had slowly eased herself up, trying to manipulate the emotions of the giant creature. Unfortunately, she was a little more used to the pressure required on critters with a higher brain power. As it picked her up, Alex let out a distressed squeak as her arms and legs pinwheeled wildly.

"Oh, oh dear," she managed, wriggling in her jacket. "C'mon, big guy. Put me down?"

She tried projecting an image of getting set - gently! - on the forest path at the creature.

"Please don't eat me?"

James shook his head and swore silently. So much for not trying to draw it's attention. "Nobody move," he whispered. "Give her a chance to fix it. If she can't convince it to let her go in the next few moments, we'll move. H, see if you can't hit the eye or something to make it let her go. Breakdown, get ready to hide us. I'll catch her and get her back to cover. Be ready on my mark..." He certainly hoped she'd convince it to just go away quietly so they wouldn't have to resort to that. Though...it might be nice to get a souvenir tooth or something...

The giant T-Rex slowly placed Psyche on the forest floor, looking down at her with something like curiosity in its massive eyes before it ducked its head down low and licked her! The huge dinosaur had a very large tongue, and was very insistent on licking at her until she was quite covered in dinosaur drool. When that was done, it pulled its head back, looking as pleased as a monstrously huge predator can. Gun in hand, Hope watched for several paranoid seconds. "I...I think it might be all right," she admitted, fascinated.

James had to grin as he looked at the goopy Alex. "Dino-slobber. Nice. Looks like you made a friend. Pretty sure he won't fit in the dorms at school and I'm certainly not volunteer to clean up after him." He chuckled. "Though seeing the looks on certain people and teacher's faces when you tried to bring him home might be fun."

Back to business. "So, want to help clean that off? Little heat to dry it out? Still got an enemy base to infiltrate." He grinned. "You can take a bath later when we have some time."

Alex did her best not to be bowled over by the enthusiastic tongue bath. By the end she was giggling and completely slobber covered. Still chuckling, she reached out to put her hands on its massive snout soothingly as her friends popped out.

"Yeah, getting dry at least would be good. I think it thinks I'm like a baby dino. I didn't realize trex's had mothering instincts...."

Alex sounded fascinated. She would have to look into more xenoanthripology when she got home. For now, however, she had to make use of her new big friend. Communicating with the animal with more images and emotions than words, she tried to explain that to get back to her 'nest' they had to deal with the threat of the base. "I'm hoping she might prove a distraction to them."

"Hellions right though," Breakdown supplied, popping out of the bushes. "We still following the same plan or what?" Breakdown glanced around to make sure no one was coming. They were doing good so far. If they let their plan go right now, the whole situation might fall apart, rather fast too.

He waited a moment for the T-Rex to not be too close. Last thing he needed was to burn the nose of the thing. "Ok, close your eyes and hold your breath a sec; it'll just get really warm." He waited for her to comply, then gestured. A little burst of fire dried the slobber in a moment. "So, ready to go do some damage?"