D(ate) Day

Mark was feeling pretty good himself as they got back in the car and on the road, and was content to enjoy the good vibes of the moment without making any awkward comments one way or the other. Happy music played in his head as they went, vaguely falling back on the Gigantor show he'd watched as a little kid. It wasn't until they were back on the road that he dared actually made a comment. "The problem with luck powers," he said with a warm smile on his face, "that if I say anything about what a lucky date I had, it'll sound really lame. But I do feel lucky tonight."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex was still having a bit of trouble keeping her emotions from all leaking out but she was just happy. Happy wasn't a bad emotion to share. She glanced up at Mark as he spoke, her blush finally starting to fade at least and lifted her shoulders in a shrug, "Maybe it's not luck t'all. It was a well thought out evening for two compatible people that Erin agreed to make sure none of the guys showed up at." she said almost primly before ruining it with a grin, "Or maybe it was luck. Or a little bit of both."

They shared a comfortable ride back to campus, both of them happy and at ease in each other's company in that uniquely exciting, slightly dangerous way only new high school romances could provide. Mark held her hand as they got out of the car, then put his arm around her as they approached the dorm. "This was a lovely evening," he told her again, smiling happily. "Thanks for sharing it with me. Shall I walk you to your door, like a gentleman?"

Alex's expression flickered briefly to indecision for a moment. She was positive there were rules for that sort of thing... Reminding herself to enjoy the moment she smiled up at him and readily agreed, "As long as you're not worried about getting in trouble, sure."

She threaded her hand through his arm for the walk back to the dorm, all but humming with a happy energy that continued to surround her. "I should be the one thanking you. This really was special, just as you promised."

"Well, hopefully, it'll be just as special next time," said Mark with a warm smile in her direction, basking in the glow of her happy emotions as much as anyone else around them. "Harry Potter, popcorn, and who knows what else?" He technically wasn't allowed on her floor, but a quick glance revealed that no one was watching as they headed down the hall together to her door. "I'll see you tomorrow, Alex." He risked his considerable luck (because what else were you supposed to do with it?) and kissed her again, a quick peck on the lips right before her front door. "Good night, Alex."

This time, at least, Alex was expecting the quick kiss and she smiled sweetly at him, "Goodnight, Mark!"

She watched him head back down the hallway, just to make sure he didn't get jumped by the RA. When he vanished down the end of the hall she leaned back against the door with a happy sigh. After a moment to catch her breath, she let herself into the dorm room. IT really had been a perfect night.