Arsenal built as a device

Prescient

I'm trying to work this out. It is fairly easy to build an arsenal/utility belt with equipment. If one item gets taken, then you don't lose the entire belt. However, if the entire belt is taken, then you lose everything.

This doesn't work so well with devices, however. If you have a character with a bunch of super science tech, an arsenal of blaster weapons, energy blades, plasma grenades, etc., how do you build it? It has already been the consensus to have these as devices, but a device with an alternate power means that you lose all of the devices if you are disarmed, not realistic for an arsenal.

Building each one separately isn't very efficient, as all of the items are exclusive in use (cannot be used at the same time), and are perfect candidates for alternate powers if they weren't built as a device, but as a power array (like Cosmic Energy Control).

Build it as a device that is hard to lose. This represents the belt itself that can be taken if you are disabled or whatever.

Then the powers that are seperate weapons etc are powers in an array with a limitation (Must be in hand/can be disarmed) drawback

At least that makes th most sense to me.

Just to make sure you have it right - the points spent on ranks of the Alternate Power feat are purchased with the pool of power points provided by the Device/Equipment. You don't buy APs on a Device, but you can buy APs in a Device.

Just to make sure you have it right - the points spent on ranks of the Alternate Power feat are purchased with the pool of power points provided by the Device/Equipment. You don't buy APs on a Device, but you can buy APs in a Device.

:shock: I was just trying to figure that part out.

Thank you.