Checkmate (OOC)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answers:

Everyone's at full HP. You'll need them. Doc, you've got time to jury-rig something; go ahead and make the relevant rolls and description for that. Doc did successfully tap into the cameras, giving him a good view of the security pathways up to Arachnos' level. (They're generic sci-fi-ish corridors that stink bizarrely of magic in the corners.) There are no cameras on the top level, where Arachnos himself is.

"Float over there and hide us!" :P

Doc's quick & dirty invention

Blast 16 (Flaw: Distracting; Drawback: Reduced Range/5 increments) [15pp]

in a

Device 3 (15 points, Hard to Lose) [12pp]

DC 27 Craft/Electronics to jury-rig, which he can automatically make. Will take 12 rounds, or 1 minute and 12 seconds.

Stripping down guard's weapons, communicators, and other electronics, and one of their vests, to make a big chest-mounted blaster (like something DC's Orion might wear), a big sparking thing that he has to carefully regulate (Distracting) to avoid having it blow up.

The Scarab will use her Psionics array (one of her Rank 12 mental powers, doesn't really matter which one) in an attempt to counter their Concealment.

Power Check: 14. Grrr. What is it with me rolling twos this fight?

Last Hero Point to re-roll: 26. Now that's what I'm talking about.

I think this is correct

Initiatives & Conditions

25 -- Scarab -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

23 -- Goons -- Villains -- Unharmed

23 -- Odysseus -- Villain -- Unharmed

23 -- Valkyrie -- Villain -- Unharmed

22 -- Dark Star -- 3 HP -- Unharmed

17 -- Phantom -- 1 HP -- Unharmed

15 -- Avenger -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

10 -- Arachnos -- Villain -- Unharmed

8 -- Dr. Archeville -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's been a while, I'll remind our awesome GM that Doc has

Doc's quick & dirty invention

Blast 16 (Flaw: Distracting; Drawback: Reduced Range/5 increments) [15pp]

in a

Device 3 (15 points, Hard to Lose) [12pp]

DC 27 Craft/Electronics to jury-rig, which he can automatically make. Will take 12 rounds, or 1 minute and 12 seconds.

Stripping down guard's weapons, communicators, and other electronics, and one of their vests, to make a big chest-mounted blaster (like something DC's Orion might wear), a big sparking thing that he has to carefully regulate (Distracting) to avoid having it blow up.

And he's blasting Arachnos with it. Which means that, until his next action next round, Doc'll be flat-footed, Defense of 15.

Does 19 hit the stunned Arachnos?

And since Arachnos is stunned, he does need to make a Concentration check to see if his Sustained effects (like, say, a Force Field) remain up.

• 2 weeks later...