Glide Cape as Equipment

Ecalsneerg

Seems like equipment to me. The use he gets will be fairly limited. I mean He can't have a very high rank in gliding. Maybe Gliding 3 or soemthing. The Dodge bonus is limited by PL, so unless he is willing to get redundant it gives him a weakness if he loses the piece of equipment. Not to mention the deflect bonus is meager, and he has to burn a standard action to do it.

In short it gives him a minor edge and doesn't really go over the top. While soemthing like that isn't common in our world I would say that FC is about .5 or .25 of a tech level above ours so I can see that being readily available.

Looks like you have two choices. Build it as a device and include the gliding, or build it as equipment, and include slowfall with it. You might look at the Roll Call thread on the ATT and see what others have statted up Batman's cape as. Not all of them make it gliding. Not saying you're trying to build it exactly that way, but you seem to be using it as inspiration.

thumbs up on the Mario cape

It seems like the easiest solution would be to break down all the powers you want from the equipment into individual pieces. i.e.; a Gliding cape would be fine, a deflect/shield incorporated into your costume would be fine, and the like. It's the idea of putting it all in a cape as equipment that seems dicey.