Dreams of a Forgotten Age

Avalon

It's night time and you prepare for sleep. As soon as its soft touch caresses you, you wake up and find yourself in the midst of a battlefield. The air around you buzzes and cackles with untold energy waiting to be released as men and women fight one another and oddly humanoid reptiles with many performing moves seen only in movies, japanese animated films and certain superhuman brawls. Suddenly, you hear a roar as a massive snake-man charges at you with massive weapons bearing an assortment of spikes and jagged edges.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a little time travel? Note that the time the characters would end up in would be far far into the distant past circa the time of the Golden Age of Atlantis before the Cataclysm. The characters would have been preparing to go to bed and then they find themselves awake in said time period.

Any aftereffects would happen only to threads and storylines after this story but I foresee that these would mostly only be social matters and not anything world-shattering.

Who's interested?

note: I will only be GMing this thread and I'll not be bringing in The Vestige into this. Though his component souls/psyches would make appearances.

Depending on how the time-travel aspect works -- if folks are snagged as they go to sleep, but re-appear seconds, minutes, or hours after they were taken (no matter how much time was spent in the past, and possibly remembering/dismissing it all as a dream) -- it can work perfectly in-canon no matter where your character is.

Also, as a Ref and as the Admin, I'd like to know what you've got planned. Wouldn't want you trying to do anything that'd make the Refs tear out their hair ;)

Depending on how the time-travel aspect works -- if folks are snagged as they go to sleep, but re-appear seconds, minutes, or hours after they were taken (no matter how much time was spent in the past, and possibly remembering/dismissing it all as a dream) -- it can work perfectly in-canon no matter where your character is.

In that case, I am all for making this thread Canon. Even if Captain Knievel is in prison he still needs to sleep. I presume that in a dream world he would wake up fully equipped and prepared for battle as he pictures himself being. (I am thinking of a reference to the Matrix. "Your appearance and abilities in this world are only what your brain thinks they are. That is why you have hair in this world.") Therefore even if any characters are stripped of equipment in the real world, they will have full access to it in the dreamworld. Specific examples would be: Even when at home Captain Knievel does not sleep with his Adrenaline Cannon equipped, just as Ronin does not sleep with his rocket launcher next to him (I would think), and Malice does not sleep in his Power Suit. Therefore when appearing in the dream world characters come fully equipped so as to balance things out.

Is that okay?

Also, as a Ref and as the Admin, I'd like to know what you've got planned. Wouldn't want you trying to do anything that'd make the Refs tear out their hair ;)

Hopefully you won't need to tear out anymore hair Doc.

I'll PM you later with the details.

As for the reappearance, they reappear in the present day before the start of the next day but days or months would have passed in the adventure and it would show. New scars, tattoos, etc.

Hopefully you won't need to tear out anymore hair Doc.

I'll PM you later with the details.

That works. :)

As for the reappearance, they reappear in the present day before the start of the next day but days or months would have passed in the adventure and it would show. New scars, tattoos, etc.

That also works ;)